Match raid adversaries based on Team Power (not cup tier)

When two (or more) players in the leaderboard all have the same number of cups, they are assigned the same global rating. The next numbers are skipped until a lower cup value is reached, so if there are three players at global rank 50, the leaderboard will go 49, 50, 50, 50, 53.

3 Likes

Hmmmm!

Now this brings on a whole new ball game because any Global ranking system in any game or other form of social event in describing the difference between 2 players success within a group of players thus the meaning of the word GLOBAL which indicates the difference between 2 players within a group of players no matter the amount unless an absulote total tie between those tow players.

Now in your senario you seem to have missed the other player with the exact same cup amount of 2865 by the name of BrutailiZeR[~Kobyer~] just above those 2 you displayed who has a GR of 9 and not 3 like the other 2 you are showing me.

Now lets use another one from your list of top players by the name of Panickin Skywalker who has 2856 cups and number 13 on the leaderboard but his GR is showing 211.

Which makes my senario more sound meaning the are at least 211 players in that cup number.

PS;
Now take player 14 on the leaderboard with 2841 cups and he has a global ranking of just 17 and yet player 15 on the leaderboard with 2668 is GR’ed 1411.

Please explain your reasons on this if mine make no sense (politely speaking of cause).

SO my original question still stands. Would it be a mch fairer matching system if GR was used instaed of cups?

1 Like

Screenshots would help

And probably a good time to mention that the leaderboard and global rankings have been lagging for a few updates now @Petri

I’ve been in the leaderboard at #6 while my cups were actually 3rd and have seen other examples of it from other players as well

Raids are happening 24 hours a day, servers cant keep up

It’s the only explanation i have for your scenario. From what you’ve written I’ll admit i could be 100% wrong on how global ranks work but we’d need a higher up to really say yay or nay

I dont write the code or design the game mechanics, i just go off of what’s there

And yes the current global ranking system is a bit laughable as far as actually ranking players. Hence how 4100 team power can have 2k cups but 3700TP could have 2600 cups. More of a measure of current activity and current wins than an overall measure of where players actually stand when compared to other players.

My position on the boards depends entirely on how recently I’ve been raiding, and how successful I’ve been. I generally range from low 2500s to high 2800s depending on how long since I ran out of flags or whether I’ve been offline for RL or sleep. My actual team doesn’t make a huge amount of difference. My usual raid team is 3835 power,but I’ve lost to teams about 3500, and won against teams of up to 4200ish.
Losing to other raiders when I’m not online is fine by me - makes chest filling easier.

2 Likes

No Problem, taking care of that now so stay close by but in taking those screenshots as you will see all of these players have been currently active thus changing the original numbers but NOT changing my point and in fact proving it even more so.

Stay turned

1 Like

I’ll be here. I’m more than happy to admit I’m wrong if that’s the case. The info above is just the way I’ve seen the system work since i started playing. So just going off the information I’ve been given and experienced

I’m trying to be informative to you

I’m not trying to argue although i come across that way a lot

I’ve stayed turned for awhile now. Going to game. Will check back later

Hey man, not holding anything against you personal in any way what so ever so please don’t take it that way.
You just see the same thing I am in a different way as I am to you, doesn’t make you wrong.

Here are the screenshots:

Screenshot_20181222-095843_Empires-768x1579

Now if notice LEO who was at 2865 on your Screenshot and GR’ed 13 just lost 76 cups and is now GR’ed 60

1 Like

So what’s the difference between what we’re looking at in these screenshots and the way i explained the system works? I don’t think I’m following

Now this is a funny occurrence, every member in the leaderboard has changed from what it was a few minutes ago since I took the screenshots and now we have senarios.
LB - player 1 reads 3060 cups and GR of 261
LB - Player 2 reads 3045 cups and GR of 1
LB - player 3 reads 3021 cups and GR of 3
LB - player 4 reads 3063 cups and GR of 2

And they keep changing as we speak.
but for some strange reason all 99 players within the leaderboard prior to my taking screenchots no longer exist on there with a whole new set of 99 players being displayed.

Funny that! hey

1 Like

The top of the leaderboard is constantly shifting. Top 100 teams are always available for attack.

There is a known lag in updates to your device. To get accurate numbers, you have to close the app, clear it from memory, and reload. I suspect that is the source of the anomalies you are seeing.

3 Likes

This example sounds like you may have been looking at your regions leaderboard. That would make sense as the pool of players in a particular region is smaller than the global population. That could explain why he shows at 13 on the list but has a global rank of 211

2 Likes

That’s the way I’m perceiving it as well.
always available for revenge but only available for new attackers when offline correct? If that changed, i missed it

Like I stated before it isn’t so apparent in the to 100 elite players as there wouldn’t be that many up there with the numbers being more in the 100’s rather than the 1000’s but take a look at hector for example who was number 13 on the leaderboard with a GR of 236 where as Leo who was no10 on the LB with GR of 60 now but only 13 in your screenshot and yet still at no10 LB position at least until just a minute ago when ALL the top 100 players disapperaed and all new ones appeared.

so I can’t prove this any longer against those in the screenshots but we can always restart the whole process all over again if you wish,lol.
maybe before someone changes this lot of 100 top players again, lol

according to this thread, the same number of cups means the same global rank. Since they claim they did research I assume they are correct.

Then i guess i was wrong and not 100% sure how global ranking works. Hopefully you figure it out and let us know, thanks for the informational discussion

This is based on a % player rank base difference between the trophies and GR of that player and not based on the difference between the amount of players within any cup or GR range.

2 very different things.

The leaderboard is out of sync by a few minutes with what is happening in RT. I have been in the top 10 and not have it reflected for at least 2-3 minutes.

1 Like

did you miss this part:

“Nice to know: same Trophys share same global rank.”

YES of cause it does, wasn’t saying it to sound sarcastic in any way shape or form.
Just a fact that that has to be accepted when discussing these types of things and using tis as an example.
It is going to change as we speak, No dout.