[Master] War of 3 Kingdoms improvment thread

Or 10 free coin per flag. That would be great, at least one free pull for everyone, which I believe is sort of the standard for all other events (costumes, legends, challenge, alliance quest…) and some left over for another time (like legends and challenge).

5 Likes

Maybe they need to rethink the 100-player warband. Why not just pit alliances against each other? Hear me out…
Each alliance is assigned to Wu/Shu/Wei kingdoms. Instead of 1 war of 12 flags, you go into 2 wars with 6 flags each, one against an alliance from each other kingdom. This will help resolve missed flags (because the Alliance can deal out repercussions as they see fit), language issues won’t be much of a concern, and there will be some pride and loyalty injected into this event. Coordination of tank colours won’t be a problem anymore and people will be less likely to jump on other people’s cleanups in this scenario. People would have to join an alliance before the event starts, no different than Mythic Titans.

You may say, well, this would be just like regular wars then. Sure, but this format eliminates many of the issues people complain about and you are still part of a kingdom, which is different. Just spit balling here.

5 Likes

There are a lot of problems with pretty much every part of this event, and there seems to be very little interest on the part of SG in adapting or improving any part of the event except to buff already strong/OP heroes to keep folks paying at the portal (especially since you really can’t count on W3K coins).

This is true despite multiple public betas.

Analysis and thoughts for improvements from four months ago: 🐼 War of Three Kingdoms (W3K) Feedback Polls - #382 by BobTheSnark

To follow up a bit

• the whole “12 flags” thing is perhaps a feature for folks who have 60+ heroes who are viable against the defenses faced with, but it’s not surprising that for folks who don’t, they are madly looking for cleanup opportunities OR dumping flags hopelessly OR not even using flags
  • the whole “4 scores” thing seems… slapdash, especially since the loot from the scores is often poor, and generally random/mostly out of any player’s control, namely
  • A) kingdom loot is essentially just a random drop
  • B) skirmish victory is largely determined by how many of your 99 not-team-mates use their flags at all, much less with any degree of success (i.e. not just flag burning)
  • C) warband ranking—apparently the biggest source of potential loot—is partly dependent on team flag usage as above, but also just on how strong a “roster depth” group you get placed in; a group made up of primarily folks with 60+ viable heroes will, all else being equal, score more points, and place higher by virtue of just being bigger
  • D) individual loot, about the only loot drop you can meaningfully impact, depends significantly on your willingness to maximize your own score even at the expense of your warband’s prospects of success

A minimal-effort start to a fix would be to give every participant ~10 event coins for every flag used, just so anyone who actually spends the time to grind through a double-length, utterly chaotic mess of a war gets at least one pull’s brief moment of crushed hope every W3K :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

To me i hated how it lagged so much during the actual battles.

1 Like

For f2p players the rewards are ridiculous. Why with the coins I received(3), in 34 more Wars I might be able to do a coin pull…

2 Likes

Lmao problem with this generation. I actually don’t have any incentive and could care less about the loot. I enjoy much more now because I can spread my bench amongst 12 hits. It’s just a shame that so many don’t see it the same way wasted flags is heart breaking and the number seem to be growing.

If your free to play you should relish in anything you can get for free.

Two things would have to be urgently improved:

One is the release of the flags or attacks in the war. It is absolutely terrible for the last three attacks to come so late. We all play in different time zones and it’s also impossible to always make sure you can make your attacks when you’re at work. So it’s no wonder at all that there are so many attacks left every time. I fully sympathize with all the players who don’t manage to use the last attacks and see here one of the most important points that should be improved by the developers.

The second point is the communication within a warband. It is impossible to efficiently coordinate so many people who have never seen or spoken to each other before and who only have a chaotic, unsorted chat at their disposal. If you want to put on such a big event, you either have to make sure that coordination and talking to each other are not necessary at all or, as with the current event, you have to create a way for people to work together efficiently and well. If that’s not the case, it’s not surprising to me that the frustration among the players regarding this event is extremely high and no one really wants it.

@Petri @Dudeious.Maximus :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The heartbreaking part is they do see but they simply dont care. There was no such thing as ftp gaming when i came up. U had to put your money where your mouth was or sit back and watch from the sidelines. We didnt have any of these kind of issues back then.

The constant allowing of entittled play by not having punishments for not competeing in the very few actual team events we have in this game is pathetic to say the least.

Mmo’s understood one thing very clearly, there are different types of gamers and made ways for these people to seperate themselves from non like minded players. A perfect example of this was PK and non PK servers. This allowed more competetive players to play in a much different environment than the everyday casual player. Making events that put players with complete random players has never worked ever.

Tiers should have been made long ago with a point scoring system for the rewards that have a purchase amount so everyone has a chance to compete for good loot, but they refuse to do anything to benefit long term play only on constant spending.

Bad idea all around. Rewards not worth the trouble.

2 Likes

If someone joins the skirmish and uses only some of their flags then they should not be allowed to participate in the next skirmish. If someone joins and doesn’t use ANY of their flags they should miss the next 2 skirmishes. There needs to be a penalty for leaving flags. We have over 900 flags left in my team and the other team had over 800 flags unused. That’s just pathetic. If you don’t use flags you shouldn’t get any loot either.

As for the poachers. Most people I see attack the same team until they kill it to get the most points from that team. Me personally I hate attacking the same team over and over esp. if I have to use high powered heros to kill them. I hit each team once and if I can kill them outright great if not I move on to someone else.

If you’re not in the punishment mindset of not allowing them to play the next skirmish then maybe lock them out of doing any other events, farming, titan etc until they use their W3K flags. Once they use their flags for the war then it opens up the rest of the game for them.

It’s not like its 30 people in an alliance you are screwing by not attacking you are screwing over hundreds of thousands of people.

1 Like

This might be the rationale of some who sign up and then, for whatever reasons, don’t use flags.

I mean if you can get rewards for pretty much literally free (sign up, do nothing else), as opposed to—

—all the effort of trying to meaningfully use 12 war flags for which you may or may not have the teams, while balancing “should I try to optimize my own score, or do what I think is best for my not-team, likely allowing at least some of them to optimize their individual scores at my expense,” and then… quite possibly get barely, or nothing, better than if you’d just left flags on the field and saved the time and bother…

Is it really surprising?

“Incentives shouldn’t matter” and “you should be happy for any incentive you can get” are ideas kinda at loggerheads with each other.

Flag usage is this issue that primarily needs addressing; there could be other improvements (we’ve suggested enough!), but this is most critical.

I can’t see a company actively punishing its player base for missing flags, when there’s no benefit to do so.

So let’s incentivise:

• imo we absolutely need notifications for this; one for chat, one for flags. Our city screen already has this function, and it would serve to remind/engage

• a 24-hour qualification round to tier matchmaking; if best rewards are given to best team, rather than individual score, let people battle to get into the best warbands.

2 days: 12 hours matchmaking/planning 100-player warbands; 24 hours ffa battle 6 flags; 12 hours new matchmaking/planning according to individual results.

We can set defenses during this time, no need for a whole wasted day to do that. This will weed out inactives and reward performance without having to adjust individual loot, whilst ideally resulting in great competition!

• a “war chest”-style % participation system for rewards
1 Like

Nope, thats a bad idea. Then you will have more guys wich dont clean and try oneshots with every hit…

Since not everyone participates in a warband, make it that only the top 80 in a warband’s score counts towards the final tally, therefore allowing each warband a 20% non participantion rate

Which is pretty much what my proposal is designed to achieve. So while I understand your disapproval of the outcome…the idea an sich seems good in the sense that it tends to produce the intended result.

Good idea! At least they will know what they can have if all flags are used. If 10 coin are too much, then may be 5 + war loot. And if give coin per flag is not applicable, then Opt In or Out button must be added, too much flags are wasted, some person are force to be in war, but they are not a frequent player anymore!

I personally think that it should be totally revamped. Instead of the current format of 100 strangers vs another 100, make it another alliance activity. The alliances would be assigned to a kingdom(by choice or random), for a period of time, say a year(six wars seems to be quite fair). Each skirmish would be carried out in the current alliance format, simply the alliances would match up with another alliances from a different kingdom. Whereas in the skirmish, each alliance would be able to choose its own rule of battle as the defense. Until the start of the skirmish the opponent would not know what they are going into. The rules of battle can evidently be different between the two sides. You might attack on rush, and defend on arrows. After each skirmish the current rewards are given, and the winning kingdom gets a big morale boost, and the winning alliances and the best players accordingly. The war finishes after the sixth skirmish (one year, too long?), and the final rewards should be given based on final results, and rightly assessed according to the yearlong efforts of the players.

My suggestion as in another post, probably better served here.

1 Like

Cool down timers for attacking a team that has just been hit that locks out all players except the one that just attacked for say 30 seconds. That way you get a fair shot at doing your own clean if you want. After the timer expires it’s fair game for anyone. Be quick!

2 Likes

I strongly think we need titans throughout the other seasons boards and not the same looking titans that’s in season one and when we level up it would be nice if we get an extra titan flag instead of just having 3