šŸ¼ [Master] -- War of 3 Kingdoms GLOBAL BETA -- Discussion & Information Thread

So letā€™s deactivate runaway button. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got placed in Wei. 2 of my alliancemates as well. Might be coincidence, might not be.

Hopefully there will a core in the warband which will be willing to coordinate.

BTW: button for Wot3K is in the quests-screen (as you can see in the screenshot, above the now grey ninja tower)

6 Likes

Great idea! Letā€™s deactivate Run away button ā€¦ starting with challenge events. That will be a hugely popular idea.

No.

@Guvnor
It supposed to be ā€œvs other members in the current Skirmishā€
So if you are 6th in your warband, and 4 enemies has better points than you, then you will ranked as 10th and you will receive the rewards based on that.

2 Likes

OK, so you really think itā€™s fine to particiapate in this event with other players and just donā€™t care? Not use your flags and donā€™t even try to do your best? Iā€™m sorry, but I donā€™t understand that and never will. But if the game allows that, do what you want.

1 Like

Now, I am not the kind of person who would do that to other people intentionally.

However, this is a beta test. Itā€™s best to have someone like me whoā€™s willing to do it openly, getting all the blame and negatives for that, because later when itā€™s no longer Beta and someone else does that same thing, it will be late.

BTW I already started signing up my alts with 1/1 3* and 4* defense teams. Weā€™ll see how it goesā€¦

6 Likes

I think everyone who opts into the event should try their best. Some people might forget, some people might be unable to access for whatever reason. By and large, I would imagine most people who join are not going to deliberately fail to get points or fail to attack.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good example that odds are something people just donā€™t really comprehend intuitively. And why captcha games although stating the odds are extremely manipulative.

The chances that you will meet someone you know really well is quite possible and the chances that you meet someone you at least recognize are really high.

Some math behind it (skip that part if you hate math)

Just for convenience I will take 1 Mio participants, thatā€™s around the number of players we have in most events or tournamentsā€¦
It will probably be a little bit higher because itā€™s new, but it will do for the calculations.

1 Mio players means 10.000 (g=10000) different war bands.
I donā€™t know how many people you know, probably 30 from your Alliance and maybe the same from the forum. That makes 60 (n=60) people you know.

m = g^n = 10000^60

u = (g!) / (( g- n)!) = (10000!)/((10000-60)!)

P= 1- (u/m) = 16%

So if you know only 60 people, the chance that you are matched with one of those is around 16%.

If we make the same calculation with you knowing 100 (n=100) people, which still isnā€™t that much, thatā€™s 30 alliance guys and 70 people from some chats or the forum the chance you will meet them is 40%.

So with 100 people your chance meeting at least 1 of them is really high.

9 Likes

Wei Kingdom:

I just signed up my current rainbow defence team as the 3 Kingdom defence team, not knowing what type of war it will be.

• Tomorrow, things might become clearer.

My thought about all the possible conspiracies / manipulations certain players might do to mess around with pointsā€¦

• We all know how current war point system negates it all by dividing 1500 points per war board across all teams based on whatever logic.
  • SG would have worked these possibilities out.

I LIKE the concept of 4 types of lootsā€¦more is good :rofl:

Finally, lets remember, This is beta = test run :smiley: so lets have fun & playā€¦ without worrying ā€¦causing oneself stress !

2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™ll take the criticism. It certainly does not intuitively seem like the odds would be that high. Now I have to try to understand the maths, so Iā€™ll work on that until I do.

First, that wasnā€™t meant as criticism, just a fact I found interesting.

And for the math I will try to explain it as easy as possible.

We will take a dice with 6 (g=6) numbers on it for this example:
If we throw the dice 2 (n=2) times we will get those possible combinations.

The formula for all combinations is the one from before
m=g^n =6^2= 36.
If you count all possible combinations you will see that the math is correct.

Now for the game we have a dice with 10000 numbers (10000 warbands) and we throw it 60 times (number of players you know).
So m= 10000^60 are all possible combinations you could put the 60 people you know in 10000 warbands.

The second formula is for all different combinations:
u= (g!) / (( g-n)!) = 6! / (6-2)! = (1x2x3x4x5x6) / (1x2x3x4) =5x6 =30
So now there are 30 different ways to throw the dice that you donā€™t get the same number (look at the picture for that, 30 different combinations with 2 different numbers , 6 with the same number)

For the game again we take the bigger numbers and put them in the same formula to see how many different combinations there are possible without matching 2 persons who know each other together.

u= (10000!) / ((10000-60)!)
Now thatā€™s how many different combinations you can find were no people who know each other are together in the same war band.

Now the final step, the probability:
P=u/m =30/36 =0.83333 =83% that you get different numbers
Or
P= 1- u/m = 0.16666 =16% that you get the same number.

If we count it in the picture itā€™s 36 possible combinations, 6 the same so 6/36 =0.16666.

So the math is correct, 16% chance to throw 2 times the same number.

Now if we use the numbers from the game for u and m we get the numbers from my post before for the chance to match together with people you know.

Sorry for this maybe a little bit off topic post, but itā€™s maybe interesting for some to know, that the chances getting matched with someone you know are higher than they may thinkā€¦

This is maybe also helpful for that.

12 Likes

what happens to the rest? there are at least 300 players in the game right now

There are 3 kingdoms and each kingdom has an unlimited number of warbands.

When the first 100 people warband is full the game will start filling the next one till all people are matched.

3 Likes

I asked in another beta version awhile back about how and what goes into the determining factors of what kingdom you get put into like how many 5* you have and troops size but looks like it got overlooked and no answer or read, but thank you for putting out something that we can look at for different team strengths player levelsā€¦ etc

Jr.reddevil

We do not know how the match making works, but I assume that all Kingdoms will have the same amount of members.
So the first who sign up will go the first Kingdom, second to second Kingdom, and third to third Kingdom, and fotth to the first Kingdom againā€¦
Warbands might be created based on hero roosters.

6 Likes

Ah thanks, this is where my confusion came from.

I imagine in closed beta with less people this wasnā€™t the case, but I wonder considering the WB chat if we will be grouped by language at all :thinking:

Ah thanks, this is where my confusion came from.

I imagine in closed beta with less people this wasnā€™t the case, but I wonder, considering the WB chat, if we will be grouped by language

I believe these three kingdoms are based on something from ā€œreal lifeā€. But weā€™ve already got some confusion in my alliance over the three similarly sounding kingdoms.

1 Like

Yup, theyā€™re from a 60 year period of China history

The real historical people and battles were romanticized in a famous novel named Romance of the 3 Kingdoms

There are probably more remakes of the story than Arthur, Robin Hood, and Batman combined :smiley:

9 Likes

it is based on this: novel, game, tv show, etc: Romance of the Three Kingdoms - Wikipedia

1 Like