šŸ¼ [Master] -- War of 3 Kingdoms GLOBAL BETA -- Discussion & Information Thread

on the bright sideā€¦ at least thereā€™s no new shiny heroes that will probably bring the smackdown on a lot of players coming with this beta for now, so thatā€™s a plus, r-r-right guys? :rofl:

no heros??! then whatā€™s with all the beta heros listed?

Theyā€™re in betaā€¦ like proper beta. Not live game

1 Like

any idea after beta testing global, when live launch?

What is ā€œglobal betaā€? Canā€™t we join in normal game now?

@tsoukalos
This Global Beta will launch in 1 hour, but you will only able to set your defense team today.
Tomorrow you will able to see your new Warband members.
The actual fights will start at Wednesday only.

@D-ANGER
This Global Beta will be in the live game.
You will just see ā€œBetaā€ captions in some areas of the event.

2 Likes

@PlayForFun , can we shift alliances and merc during the War of the Three kingdoms event, or do we have to stay confined to a single alliance during the whole thing?

1 Like

i see. what about the actual live launch along with release of new heros after this beta testing?

Yes; it isnā€™t an alliance based event :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll come in a future update. Likely V46 or V47; depending on how the initial trial of W3K goes in game.

100 people in a chat with no control or moderation. Sounds like AR to me but worse. I canā€™t see chat having any significant value.

3 Likes

I hope that I will see familiar names in my warband not only that I know from my current alliance but also from this forum. Iā€™m curious about this event ^^.

2 Likes

The odds must be fairly small of landing in the same warband as someone that you know or recognise.
I think the entire thing is a very fun concept and I am looking forward to it, but the practicalities make me a little nervous. Iā€™d sooner herd cats than try to get 100 random strangers forming anything resembling an organised war party. If there is any indication of actual strategy, Iā€™ll join in and try to help. Iā€™ll do my fights as best I can and hope for good results, but I most certainly wonā€™t be betting my favourite dancing shoes on anything. Good results from Skirmish/Warband or Kingdom can only be a matter of pure luck, so Iā€™m happy to receive a bit of free loot, no matter what it is, in exchange for the fun of doing a few new war attacks. Iā€™m ok with this.

4 Likes

I wonderā€¦should I sign up my 18 alts that are level 20+? I will not be able to play with any of them probably and just attack six times for 0, which will be a loss to any warband they are assigned to. Thoughts?

Edit: It would be an interesting part of the Beta test, because other players with alts may consider doing the same thingā€¦

1 Like

Presumably they would all be distributed among several warbands and not have the 20 x 0 effect on any single warband, thus having almost no impact.

I would say, just do it.

Better generate some outrage now when the loot is still bad, maybe Sg decides to change something if enough people complain that they lost because of unused flags.

1 Like

Oh, I will probably use all of my flags. Just wonā€™t bother with score, attack and run away.

When you donā€™t use your flags during wars you donā€™t get participation points to your warchest, right? So if the same will happen during Wo3K, in my opinion that player should not get any rewards. But what to do with players that will use all their flags, but score 0 points? There should be a penalty for this too.

Then I can easily score 1 point.

There is no easy way around that even in wars. Iā€™ve won some wars with the score 1-0, literally. Opponent never showing and I didnā€™t bother much because it was an alt.

You cannot penalise ineptitude, and you canā€™t assume iniquity (except in Sarosā€™ case).