🐼 [Master] -- War of 3 Kingdoms GLOBAL BETA -- Discussion & Information Thread

So. Hmmm. Uhm…
NOPE. Please delete this entire event, erase it from the servers, award every player a mega ton of loot for putting up with this ridiculous farce of an event. And give us moster Island (if OU don’t know, don’t worry about it, SGG knows what I mean and so do enough other players)

This is one event I absolutely hate, and love(d) the towers

Yes please…
3kingdoms war just went down :laughing:

12 flags is ridiculous…
Going to be lots of unused flags. Last beta we got 33 unuse flags unless they’re going get some penalties. SG needed to goes back to 6flags

1 Like

It is reported here:

1 Like

Things have gone well for me this time. Between issues accessing and folks not using flags let’s see how I end up.

I can assume placeholder rewards are reduced (based on the last Wo3K).

Here is a concept that eludes me.

Why not reverse this logic and provide increased rewards for all players who are essentially testing and calibrating a beta product?

3 Likes

I think they’re doing it for two reasons:

1 I think back to loot tournaments that had “enhanced” loot and then was reduced. I haven’t heard about that complaint recently but I felt it was prevalent for a year after its launch. Of course if you don’t reduce loot there is no problem.

2 the bigger reason I see is they knew this was going to be a technical challenge with bugs. The more rewards that are associated with the beta test that is likely to go wrong, the more folks will be mad with the issues. When rewards are relatively meh, it limits our anger.

I am enjoying this beta test regardless of the awards. I am okay with the bugs because I think they’re working it out to give us more content.

5 Likes

My comments:
1 - SG needs to make sure that things work properly… Many players can’t even access the war this morning. They need to fix it next beta
2 - Take a second thought into the pt rewarding system. Victory point should be roughly 1/3 of the total points, similar to weekly alliance war, not 2/3. This is particularly true when you have 12 flags. Many players are craving to take clean up hits once they run out of SSK calibre teams and they don’t need to be incentivized
3 - Make reward system (whether individual level or alliance level) more transparent (and potentially better, well we have to see what they give us this time) so that ppl are incentivized to take this thing seriously
4 - Improve the summon rate - 1.2% for non-S1 5* is not a good number comparing to other portals

Correct, but I see no harm in providing “placeholder loot” PLUS standardized better loot for all.

e.g. “Thanks for persisting through the issues with our inadequate server capacity. Here’s your non-terrible loot. Thanks for helping us develop a more enjoyable game for all.”

Perhaps I’m being greedy. Very possible - we are products of our environment after all.

3 Likes

Yeah if they came out with a message after this and said “here’s 100 coins for the event” I would be estatic. That would be a fantastic bet atesting gift.

But I’m happy with the content.

2 Likes

SGG should tier rewards based on participation.

1. Number of flags used. The more flags used, the better the participation rewards. Starting from a WE flask for 3 flags. Next 3 flags gets a raid flask. Next 3 = titan flask. Last 3 (making 12 flags) = mini hamper emblem. 2 emblems per class. Total 20 emblems.

This would be the most basic reward for all participants.

Then they can offer “better” rewards for performance, as they have planned:

1. Within Warband
  2. Within Kingdom
  3. W3K overall
4 Likes

Is it over?
I cant see the icon anymore
I still have 3 flags! (I think)

I have no problems with reduced loot or finding in bugs in the global beta. It’s a test run and should be treated as such.

I do find that opening the portal is pretty poor form given the heroes in the portal have bonuses tied to this feature. It tells me that they aren’t treating this as a global beta feature, but a live one because folks are spending real money to chase the heroes. The portal and heroes should have been released on the first non-test version.

If the heroes are still ‘global beta’, then prepare yourself for a complaint meltdown if they get nerfed.

I like the challenge of using 12 flags, but I despise the buildup of the flags every 12 hours. Just give us all of the d*** flags at the beginning and let us decide when we want to play.

2 Likes

Same here. What happend?

I guess this is so that cleanups will not be disadvantaged in the second half of the round. 12 flags means a max of 60 heroes per player, it’s hard to have 60 serviceable heroes. And we’re going to face 5000+ TP heroes all the time, so attacking teams are going to be handicapped at one point

12 flags are a lot. At least consider making the war hits count for raid chest.

Better still, set two groups of skirmishes, with 6 and 12 flags respectively, and let players choose which group they would like to be in. This way everyone can be happy, deeper rosters can enjoy fighting against each other.

1 Like

12 flags are a lot, but I had fun - I saw it as raid and teambuilding practice.

I used 2 mono teams per Color, which used up most of my 5*s.

Then I looked for some easier teams for my last two flags - stacked 3/2 with mainly key 4*s. Had a blast

3/2-ing was fun, though only because I chose my opponents carefully -

Used a 3-Green stack versus a 3-blue defense, with Sergei for the magic family bonus

And a Blue/Purple stack with lots of dispel for an Aegir / Garnet / Devana core

5 Likes

I liked the 12 flags, I can use heroes that I haven’t used for years, but I think that 6 flags should be given at the beginning and 6 at 24 hours, so as not to leave so many without spending

2 Likes

Personally I liked the 12 flag war. Used some dusted heroes. But a lot more flags has been left unused in comparison to last war. So I’m a little bit undecided what’s the better way to go. I think with the 12 flags should be a heavy punishment. No or reduced loot and maybe an exclusion from next wars/s.

Players who didn’t used all their attack MUST BE BANNED for next tournament… will be greatfull to our comunity.
Really hate when we lose due lack of attack

1 Like