🐼 [Master] -- War of 3 Kingdoms GLOBAL BETA -- Discussion & Information Thread

I enjoyed it as a fun activity, but there was no point in thinking competitively as a group, since mine had 300 flags left over. (Yes, we lost. :sweat_smile:) I’ve been playing around 4 months, and the defense teams were around 3500. Maybe that caused us to have many casual players?

1 Like

Hello BETA,

Is there a possibility to prevent players with unused flags to sign up next “War of 3 Kingdoms” ?
Too many game ruiner signed up and ruined the fun of others !

1 Like

The best solution would be to reduce the war participation of the People who do not use their war rights or add them to the groups with low participation level in the next war. And also like in clan wars it would be nice to know who is online. and also 50 diamonds can be spent for battle participation. then no one will raise a flag

2 Likes

War of the Three Kingdoms: boring, chaotic (too many people, too many languages ​​to understand or strategize with alliance members), totally lacking in creativity or event design. More of the same. Totally disappointing.

3 Likes

Yes, To be honest, I was waiting for a lot of flags to be left, but even that was annoying enough.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Master] War of Three Kingdoms Loot SUCKED

When are we getting rewards?

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Master] War of Three Kingdoms Loot SUCKED

So just like I thought from the beginning…

We lost with around 200 points difference and 25 unused flags, opponent around 10 unused flags.

So it doesn’t matter at all how someone plays, if you’re matched with the team using more flags you win if the opponent uses more flags you loose. I really hope that matchmaking in the future somehow take into calculation not only heroes and troops but also unused flags. If not it could become really hard to motivate 100 players to use flags, why should someone give his best if it doesn’t matter, because the team loose, because of unused flags and they get the same loot as everyone else.

The only positive surprise was how little flags actually expired. 25 from 600 is not so bad, at least far better than I personally expected before.

3 Likes

We had 86 unused flags in our warband and lost by a close margin to an opponent that had 50 unused flags.

I’d definitely like to see a penalty of some type for unused flags whether it is no loot or not being eligible to play in the next one.

1 Like

I kind of enjoyed the event. I had lots of options to attack compared to the usual alliance wars, which are limited to the 30 enemy teams needing to be taken down every time. However, I still faced fairly strong enemy teams with my six Kingdom flags.

I am also happy that I made 6/6 with my flags. Sharing here my attacks:

Five minutes before the event ended, my warband was up by just one point. And yet, there was a last-minute attacker from the enemy side whose score was still counted, because they were able to begin the flag before the timer ended. That buzzer-beating attacker garnered three points. As a result, we lost by two points. :sweat_smile: :joy: :laughing:

If only the 22 unused flags were utilised, we would most likely have won. Oh well, better luck next time.

2 Likes

Awful event. Nothing new. Copypaste of alliance wars with more players, way more insults in foreign languages in the chat, more unused flags, and fewer rewards.

1 Like

The answer is pretty much all of them.

If this event shows up and doesn’t displace anything else on the calendar, I’ll be happy. It’s just 6 essentially regular raids with a chance at loot and a fun competition.

If it displaces something in the calendar, then it’s not likely I’ll be happy with that.
I did my six attacks. But my team left 43 flags out there and the other team left 15. RNG matchmaking, RNG teams, RNG rewards. I can do what I want to improve my score, but it’s so hard to get involved in everything else since I am so removed from it. It’s not an alliance where I can grow with. I just do my attacks and hope for the best.

I did find the matchmaking to seemingly look even. My team and the opponents looked similar in TP and there was a variety of heroes to attack. My alt was matched similarly.

6 Likes

Flag usage is bad enough in a alliance how can you motivate players if you don’t speak there language is another big obstacle to

Here are some suggestions modified from my post in the original beta.

Ranking players by exact war score drives selfish behavior. I predicted this in regular beta, and it came true in the global beta. People were searching for the very few 32 and 33 point teams so they could get their 187 or higher score and increase their ranking. If you insist on rewarding individual score, it should be done as top % like in loot tourney so that anyone who goes 6/6 against strong teams (say 30 or more) will be in the top tier.

In order to differentiate the highest rank players, add bonus scoring to the base. For those doing one shots, give a time score and power score to reward those doing it in less time or for using a team that is much weaker than the defense (including using fewer than 5 heroes!). This will make you hit the best target for your team, not the absolute highest point team. It will break the logjam at the top and give more challenge to more experienced players.

Partial teams have increased in points since the initial beta. This did help clean ups but there were still lots of times when the field was littered with partial teams. I think the teams should regenerate faster than 6 hours because the coordination in a 100 person war is too chaotic to control these resets.

Add tourney-like rules. We already have war rules like arrows etc. Instead, make some mega wars not allow one color, have no healing, etc. In addition, some of these wars should only allow 4* or lower heroes.

In my experience one of the major drawbacks for the recent Beta test is that with members from so many different places and native languages it was very difficult to coordinate any strategy. I think the event would be far better if instead of random selection of 100 members, it was set up that 2 or 3 alliances could join together to make a war band. This would address the language and play style differences that plagued the recent Beta test.

Warband score = war point * team power.

So if it seems your warband attacked 56 000 000 / 12 000 = 4666 TP opponents on average.

1 Like

Overall I would say my experience with this new war of three kingdoms event was incredibly negative.

First, the server shutting down was a huge red flag that small Giant games was not ready for this. As the event went on that became far more evident.

Then, there was time adjustment made for the servers going down. No apologies given and no attempt at restitution.

Next, the huge language barriers made any team strategies impossible to communicate effectively. Did no one think a strategy game would need to have strategy communication among the teams?

Finally, the rewards were a total joke and they knew it was. They didn’t post the reward tiers ahead of time so they couldn’t be held accountable for offering next to nothing for playing in the event. If they posted junk rewards then no one would participate, so why shoot themselves in the foot before hand? The rewards themselves were nothing more than farmable items. So all in all a whole bunch of hype for more of what we already have and can easily get. Where are the ascension materials? The limit breakers? The flasks of energy? The coins? Not here in the War of 3 kingdoms that’s for sure.

Next time, I’m taking a hard pass on this event. Not worth the time or effort.

If SG was trying to make something game changing here they failed spectacularly!

So the description in forum, how points are to be per battle, it shows team values and bonus values are to be equal. From what I experienced was team values were halved… For example team value was 11 and bonus value was 20. Also the difference in points from team to team was 1 point 2 at max… So I could fight someone that was 500 team power lower i.e 4200 and get 30 total points (10/20) or someone that was 4700 and get 31 points (11/20). This point system does not make sense to me. I understand it is beta…and really as a dev you are looking more for if things function or not vs. whether or not the numbers make sense. I just hope that for the future event the system values change to truly reflect the value of the players.