šŸ¼ [Master] -- War of 3 Kingdoms GLOBAL BETA -- Discussion & Information Thread

Scroll down a little further, youā€™ll also see Relentless Moose. As a Canadian, I wish I could have been on either one of those warbands!

1 Like

I would have mentioned the Passionate Cougars (really, is there any other kind?), but someone already posted about them.

2 Likes

Those random names thoughā€¦ passionate cougars :joy:

So far Iā€™ve enjoyed the variation in defense team configurations on the war field. Iā€™ve had fun building a few attack teams I normally wouldnā€™t get to use in regular wars and whilst there hasnā€™t been much group strategy involved, I found Iā€™m actually ok with that. This event has got more of a mass melee feel to it compared to the more organized alliance wars.

The high points for cleaning are fine for me. Without the organisation of an alliance, there needs to be an incentive for players to clean teams. There will always be players willing to push for 6 OSK and so far there seems to be an ok balance between OSK and cleans in my war.

I think Iā€™d like to see a little more meaning behind which Kingdom youā€™re fighting for and maybe a metric for how well your defense has performed other than searching down a huge list but otherwise I found it enjoyable.

3 Likes

So a summary of my thoughts:

• At the moment it is too similar to regular war - just more chaotic and less coordinated. I think it needs to be differentiated more, and there are a few ways of doing this. The one I would favour is to have 12 flags. I think that increases the difficulty level and the personal strategy - you will have to think a lot more carefully about which teams you field and against which defenses. Lower level players will struggle to field 12 teams - but they will be facing off against similar lower level players so I think that should even out. I think it will also help out with the balance of teams going for OS vs those going for cleanups, and maybe the ratio of points can be shifted slightly in favour of OS if htis happens. As it stands for 6 flags I think the ratio is correct as otherwise you would really struggle to find cleaners

• Information is difficult to obtain - from choosing opposing defenses to attack, to your own personal battle history, to the overall progress of your warband/kingdom etc. PFF is even more difficult to calculate than in normal wars. Yes there are rankings but everything is based on the number of flags already used, which is an absoilute metric and misleading. I think what would be nice is to have a warband level and overall level ppf metric that tells you at a glance how the skirmishes and wars are progressing. This would be a nice QOL feature in regular wars, too.

• Personal accomplishments may have little impact in your overall rewards as so much seems to be dependent on random factors outside of your control. Not sure how to tighten this up but it should be looked at

• The language barriers make the chat a mess

• In my warband the matchmaking seemed pretty spot on with the allies and opponents looking pretty evenly matched

• I enjoyed the freedom of taking on different enemies however I feel there may be an advantage to players depending on their timezone and what they would be doing during flag resets with the juiciest targets being taken first (I shamelessly took on 6 31-point teams).

• I donā€™t like the random nature of how you are paired with allies. I really liked the ideas that people had of pairing up your alliance with another 2 alliances - this should be done randomly so that you donā€™t get unfair matchups.

• I hope the W3K heroes donā€™t have any advantages in this event

• Overall I think there is potential to be a fun event but needs tweaking to make it stand out from other stuff

9 Likes

In the previous normal Beta if you bring one of the W3K event heroes with you, then it gives HP, attack and defense stat boost for the entire team. Beta players did not like this, and it is communicated to Staff in the feedback.

3 Likes

Hey all; Feedback Polls are live now.

Have moved to their own discreet thread: šŸ¼ War of Three Kingdoms (W3K) Feedback Polls

6 Likes

Lol - I love the fact that people have jumped at the opportunity to use War of 3 Kingdoms chat for alliance recruitmentā€¦.

3 Likes

Yeah I personally am not a fan of thisā€¦ I find it a littleā€¦ well a little on the nose reallyā€¦

2 Likes

Hey, when the beta dropped, i played 2 flags and won but on the 2nd win, once after i won, the screen crashed and the beta war disappeared. But it came back up today. The problem is that the 2nd flag i used that i won, the game gave me 0 points for it instead of 30.

I would like to see players with unused war flags in this new war format be locked out of the next war if it continues. Also, will we be paired in the same group again or back into the jumble. It was tough communicating with so many different languages, but overall I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Bad takeā€¦but weā€™ll share your feedback with our developers as we continuously try to improve features and gameplay.

Ended up putting my thoughts in the separate poll thread. Adding link to them here as canā€™t be bothered retypingā€¦

First reaction to the event :

• pretty boring
  • uneventful
  • chat with 100 alliance mates is multilingual in which case, it turns off others
  • nothing new really, just a dry war without any rules on a bigger scale.
  • nothing to differentiate between clans in approaches, bonuses or anything that would promote diversitiy of gameplay
  • no feeling of connectivity between members
  • personally feel indiferent to the future repetiotions

Lets see if reward for going 6/6 will be of any use

Hopefully, others find event to their likingā€¦

6 Likes

A suggestion to add a bit of variety to make it a little different.

Give warbands individual bonuses/ punishment s which rotate/ change each event

Eg

Shu- all heroes start with 10% mana on defence, but all get undispellable -10%mana gen on attack

Wei- all defence teams get old healing aid field boost, all attack teams start with -15%max HP

Wu - all attacks against take place in poison mist, all attacks take place in dense fog

2 Likes

I totally missed this re-opening. Three hours from totally not doing my hits.

1 Like

evil :open_mouth: ā€¦and i love it, lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

An ā€™ opt-inā€™ button is needed to help separate players who donā€™t intend on attacking.

There was :slight_smile: Right at the beginning.

Nobody is in a warband that didnā€™t sign-up at the start.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I hope the game takes note of players who leave flags in the war of the kingdoms to the detriment of the rest.

2 Likes