[MASTER] War mismatch - 136k vs. 108k war score (and other similar mismatches from other alliances)

We lost our war by a large margin. With opponent’s 25% better war score, it was a slaughter. We lost 6,325 - 4,176. Pretty brutal - and they still had a few flags remaining after their 4th reset. I had some players threaten to quit because of this one. (Had one quit on Sep 14). The enemy was also gaming the system with two level 50+ players using 1* heroes. Worst war lose I’ve experienced.

1 Like

Why is this war so mismatched I mean seriously guys…

!

Is this the current matchmaking topic? Something has to be done. We are facing a team were the opposing side has 2 members at 69 days as the oldest members. They have grinded us to a pulp. Even wars are now becoming a major drag. No longer can you whittle away at opposing heros to do joint team damage.

We desperately need a new rank system for placements and a way to reduce players from just starting a new alliance. A system in place will place similar ranked teams with matching war scores together. This would prevent an alliance newly formed from fighting an alliance like ours thats 2yrs old. I know could still be abused, but make it so all players can only make 1 alliance.

Our scores don’t even match!!!

TheExiled still has 14 flags left. Also, those are overall scores - need to compare war scores.

As expected we lost some attacks but won the war with a very very big margin and looks to become the alliance best total score ever.
This is not the way we want to have it and really are looking forward to close wars that are decided in the last 10 flags.

They’re working on it, albeit from a different angle.
From another thread:

2 Likes

We were 4500 underdogs bug it looks like we’ll win by a couple hundred points, we had a decent team performance but as always, there is room for improvement.

1 Like

I’m the leader of Scandinavian Allstars and all of us feel sorry for you and this horrible matching. It was really unfair and it took all of the fun out of the war. :slightly_frowning_face:
I hope this won’t happen again!

5 Likes

Add us to the list of teams that were torally mismatched - we just got beat by 2500 points by an alliance with a war score 20,000 higher than ours, there weakest defense team was 4300 with almost all 4500 to 4600, we had 15 teams witha weaker defense than their weakest including several under 4000

1 Like

We have a problem too… Very bad matchmaking… My team is disapointed and angry about this war…
Screenshot_20200913_211834_com.smallgiantgames.empires|233x500

1 Like

They used all flags. Ouch we had 15 left. They was lower level players. Stood nfc but as promised I F them up :sunglasses:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this has happened just after one of the mods confirmed they are tracking player win/loss records now as well as alliance win/loss records to try and stop high level players creating new alliances for easy war wins.

Looks like when they added that new code they broke something

3 Likes

Hope it’ll get fixed till the next war. It’s not fun to be winning against weaker alliances, but it has to be disheartening for the weaker one :cry:

I don’t remember what the difference in war score was but the difference in defenses (and in scores) are apparent:

last-war

@happygirl1 thx a lot for the war.
First of all: you did great although the missmatch was so big. Even if the score m aybe don’t look like this you all can be proud about what you reached as a team. Your waves this morning were impressive to watch!
I hope you had some fun despite this really hard challenge!
My special congrats to え占좋은.**무과 for OneShot on my def.
And a big congratulation to え占좋은.**소과 - despite the missmatch she/he made it to 6 OS! Chapeau!

5 Likes

My alliance just lost to an alliance that made 6700 points on us. We never had such mismatch with anyone before.

2 Likes

I’ll just add this to this thread and then I am done.

As noted in my now deleted post above, we were outmatched in war score by almost 25,000 points and we lost in war by almost 2,500 points. The team we faced had 20 of 30 defensive teams with an overall TP of 4595 or higher. We have 2. I think including myself, we have 3 or 4 other teams with war defenses with a TP of 4500 or more.

I know this supposed to be a game, but this war, as expected, was the absolute antithesis of “fun” for my alliance. I can’t imagine the team that faced us in this war had a lot of “fun” either. As much as I absolutely hate to lose, if I lose fairly, I can deal with it. This was something less than fair, which was a 100 percent preventable and a shame. Regardless of how controversial this take may be here, this is the type of stuff that drives customers away permanently.

2 Likes

Yep we got smashed by a much stronger team than us !
Screenshot_20200913-205506_Empires|281x500

2 Likes
  1. Today war opponent was 95K vs our 90K. Previous 2 wars we lost. So why we still get opponent stronger than our alliance? Even after our win opponent has more war score than our alliance (92K vs 93K)
  2. The opponent’s quantity of Telluria must be accounted for in a special way.

Guess it doesn’t matter what their war score is or how much stronger they are if thet only use 3 flags.

I don’t know if this is really relevant to the discussion. However I found it strange that in our last 3 wars we have blown out our opponents by over 1000 points - one was even a 1800 point win. The just concluded one was a 1200 difference. All flags were used on both sides.

This is quite unusual for us as our typical win-loss margins are almost always less than 500 points. Perhaps an effect of the new matchmaking rules?

Our War Scores were approximately the same before each war.

1 Like