[Master] Trading Between Players - Please add your comments & ideas here!

Let me act as Nostradamus for a bit… I am predicting a 5-letter word starting with “M” and ending with “E”.

M - E - R - G - E.

2 Likes

I think trade hero option Between players must need. As one may have fer 5 star hero, then how he continue to compete with others. Sometime he may discontinue with discourage for not having power hero.

1 Like

Waiting to see what SG is planning, i wonder if some of the ideas they have revolve around opening a trade channel within the alliance. It would be so nice to trade a hero or an ascension material, within a time window, with a fellow player. Most of my allies need materials that i have stocked over 3 years, and yet, i have no chance to use. Maybe in, as we say in Portugal, when chicken have teeth.

1 Like

Agree with you. Even many players with 3+ years quit the game because of this and other issues.

I can see it working between alliance players if there’s a gem trading system involved. For example, trading a 5* hero for a 5* hero would cost 5000 gems. Now trading 3* and 4* heroes could be much cheapier, like 350 gems for 3* and 1000 for 4* heroes.

Resources and ascension materials trading would be nice too.

We could argue this would be unfair but I bet some would pay for it. I see no other way of Small Giants implement this, they must win something from trades.

This thread is 3 years old. You know that trading will never happen unless it involves 100bucks per hero …

1 Like

I am totally against this idea, that would make the same person open multiple accounts and manipulate the formation of heroes

Agreed, this and several other reasons why it won’t ever (and maybe probably shouldn’t ever) happen.

However… that being said… it shouldn’t have to happen, and wouldn’t have to happen, if they just improved summons and loot distribution tables outright. See: the many other threads RE: duplicate heroes, players pulling dozens of compasses but no fine gloves while other players pull dozens of fine gloves but no compasses, etc.

The solution should not be to force players to have to trade with each other for the items they need. They should just give us more viable means to earn those items on our own, without being always held at the mercy of RNG, or being told “oh you need 4 more telescopes? Don’t worry, I think there’s a quest coming soon in the next couple of months or so where you will be able to get 1 of them guaranteed”

Yeah so where da hell am I supposed to get the other 3???

“Pray to RNGesus to show mercy on you. Either that or buy those $100 packs that have unfarmable mats in them.”

Is it expected that players will be able to exchange items for rebirth among themselves? At least within the Alliance? I really want to see it in the game

1 Like

Trading has been explicitly ruled out.

The only vaguely similar mechanism is exchanging heroes or items within Hero Academy or Alchemy Lab.

• 1st is my response/explanation of why trading is most likely never going to happen.

• 2nd is my suggestion for something that SG could ‘hopefully’ consider instead.

1 - The problem (for SG) with the concept of trading is that it will reduce profits (quite significantly in fact) and what business owner in their right mind would do that? Even if it was limited to inter-Alliance trading only, what’s to stop someone from Alliance hopping to find someone who has what they want and are willing to trade for it? So many people, instead of paying for the gems/currency to chase the heroes they want, would just shop for players who already have them, which, would end up causing a very noticeable reduction to annual revenue. So, in a P2W type game like this, that is most likely never going to happen. edit: apparently, per the above moderator post that was posted while I was writing this, it has been confirmed that it will never happen

2 - On the other hand, what would be a very welcomed and reasonable alternative, would be some way to work toward getting a specific hero as opposed to just blind luck. Yes, blind luck generates revenue, but at the same time, blind luck scares away more money-conservative people from spending at all, because of the high chance risk of not getting what they want. However, those very same people (and potentially even more) would be much more willing to spend their hard earned money when they know that their money will ultimately guarantee them what they want.

And neither of them need to be mutually exclusive, you can offer both…E.g.; Where a player can choose either a cheaper amount for ‘chance’ aka: spending the usual 300 gems (or whatever currency) for a 1-1.5% chance of getting 1 of the, lets say 5, legendary heroes of a particular event…

-OR-

They can choose instead to opt for spending the same required currency for a 100% chance (guarantee) for a legendary item that once the player collects enough of, can then turn them in to purchase any one specific legendary hero and the amounts required would correlate to the rarity of the hero (less for a 3* and more for a 5*).

All with the total cost of the required number of items needed to purchase the heroes equating to a value between the price of the best and worst chances using the blind luck option, that way the more thrill-seeker type players who like to gamble have the choice to choose the riskier option (where they could very well land the hero they want on the very first try if they are incredibly lucky and spend very little or where they could end up being very unlucky and spending stupid amounts before they get what they want), while the more money-conservative/sensible type players who don’t like to gamble, but are willing to spend a little more than a lucky player using chance, but probably less than an unlucky player
using chance, have an option for them as well.

Having both options would generate more revenue as you would no longer be alienating the % of the player base who doesn’t like to gamble with their money.

You could maybe also add some type of in-game quests where players who don’t have the money to throw down at all, can still slowly accumulate items to put toward an eventual purchase, in the same way that you do now with other events and related currencies (e.g.; similar to how you can pay $3 for 100 Valhalla coins, or complete 33 quests which offer 3 coins each to build up almost the same amount).

What do you think SG?

Use a blockchain to turn heroes into non fungible tokens. You the creators of the game are greedy by not letting us trade or sell hero assets that actually belong to the gamers. We pay a lot of money for the resources and sometimes for the heroes themselves. You would actually be doing yourselves a service by adding a trade/sells lobby because you would keep the interest of old players and more people would be online just on the premise of trading resources. You can easily create a lobby for trade and take a percentage for the courtesy. If you don’t get what I’m saying. Read this feedback again. Think big for Christ sake, change the game industry and be leaders not followers. Decentralization is coming and the game that puts this utility to use will be Icons and pioneers. You’re Welcome!!!

Are you smoking crack?!?!?!
Trading will get your alliance to win more wars, get you access to more resources so that you wouldn’t have to spend a lot of time and a whole lotta money on. Play this game for 3 years like me, spend the money I spent and i still struggle for the simplest resources. No disrespect but you don’t know what you’re talking about. This game needs more of a community!!! What better way to encourage that by implementing the 1st language practiced by any society… TRADE!!!

2 Likes

No, actually, she makes a good point.

Of course personally I would love to be able to trade and help my fellow alliance mates!

But I have played other MMOs with trading mechanics and they always have bad applies ruining the game economy for their own personal benefit. Always. Perhaps you underestimate just how selfish and exploitative people can be, especially when they stand to gain something from it.

1 Like

Explain how it could be a bad thing please.

Have you ever heard of “gold sellers”? In video games, I’m not talking about people who sell actual gold.

In video games, a “gold seller” is someone who sets up a game account with the explicit purpose of selling in-game currencies in exchange for real-world money. What they do is, they set up multiple “bot” accounts to farm for “gold” or other tradeable items in-game, then they spam chat with advertisements selling this stuff in exchange for real world money.

Not only are they taking money away from the actual game developers themselves, but they are also notorious for hacking peoples’ game accounts, stealing credit card numbers, filling chat with auto-generated spam messages over and over and over again ad infinitum, and also completely wrecking game economies and balance.

I know what you’re thinking, you can simply just block those people. Once they are identified, they usually get immediately removed. And yet they come back all the time with new auto generated accounts using different IP addresses.

Those are the worst case scenario. The second worst case scenarios are those who legally exploit the game’s economy by “buying up” say all the Tomes of Tactics from other players, then “reselling” them at twice their original offering price.

I know, you’re probably thinking, those issues don’t apply here, as we would simply be trading one item for another. And maybe we would limit it to just people in the same alliance.

I can virtually guarantee you that people would start setting up “trading alliances” immediately after such a feature was released, and many of them would try to turn them into real money exchanges.

You might say, “that doesn’t affect me, my alliance wouldn’t do that…” And you’re probably right! Most players would probably use it the way it was intended. But what about people with alt accounts? What’s to stop me from having 5 alts and giving myself 6 tonics every time Shrikewood pops? This might not hurt you personally, definitely wouldn’t hurt me, but it would definitely make SG less than happy. So what then? Go out and delete all alt accounts to prevent that from happening? That could get more touchy than TellyVelaNerfGate.

Youre explaining something to deep for the average player which probably wouldnt do such things. These developers are smart. They can figure a way to where everything could be trustless. And I know it works because I play a game that offers trades within your own alliance and I play that more than E&P now. Ultimately this game is a cash and time guzzler for achievements you are trying to accomplish within your own heroes. I literally have to wait a whole year (sometimes more) to get enough ascension materials to upgrade a 5* hero. Been playing the game for over 3 years and I have only 6 fully upgraded 5* heroes including emblems. Guess how much money I spent on most of it.??.
Trading is a necessity because when i’m online rarely others are on to msg because its not a community built game, no matter how big your alliance. People jump on just to do their routine of quest if they are important, Raids if they care, which most aren’t good enough to maintain diamond level. ■■■■ my team is level 4608 and I cant even maintain diamond unless I run through raids, and Titans and war. I dont even care about the map stages. They dont give any necessary resources. So again, I would rather trade a ascension material i dont need to someone who needs it and vice versa. I dont care about what someone else is doing with their characters. I care about upgrading my characters!!!

3 Likes

Believe me, I fully empathize with you there. I’ve been playing 2 and a half years myself, and I have shortages of some items and overages of other items, and several teammates who have overages of the items I need and shortages on items that I have surplus on. I would LOVE to be able to trade stuff back and forth between them! It would benefit probably everyone in my alliance if we could do so.

But just because you and I wouldn’t abuse this system, doesn’t mean that nobody else would. The amount of money that this game takes in from players every year? Scammers would be lining up by the thousands to get a taste of that action, if they could.

And even if SG could find a way to prevent them from doing so? You and I both know that SG would lose “potential profits” if we were able to trade with each other. So whether we as players want it or not, it will never happen.

Bro, why are you worried about the scammers?
Thats the world we live in naturally.
You might not sell drugs
There is someone out there that does.
You might like chocolate ice cream
There is someone out there that doesnt.
SO WHAT!!!
You cant control other people.
If someone wants to waste their time on this game trading resources, let them. They obviously have nothing better to do, and if its gonna help me get the resources I need, well im for it.
You’re telling me you rather wait months on months to upgrade a single character because of possibility might arise? People lay off the drugs!!!
Their are bad people in real life does that stop you from going to work?

1 Like

They were mostly just annoying because they spammed chat all the time, and ruined the game economy for legitimate traders. And everyone who got ripped off by them were calling in to game support and wasting all of their time, preventing them from doing their regular jobs of helping honest players with legitimate issues.

There is a ripple effect when people abuse stuff. Like when people in this game exploited the Morlovia quests (I believe that’s what it was). It gave them all an in-game advantage over those who didn’t. Saddest part was that many of those who exploited it were players who were already heavily P2W. As if they didn’t have enough advantages already???

But overall, yes, practically everyone in my alliance would greatly benefit from a trading system. Which is exactly why it will never happen. Because SG does not allow freebies.

:man_shrugging: