[Master] Trading Between Players - Please add your comments & ideas here!

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

This is what I wanted to suggest long time ago when Hero Academy had been on test, maybe itā€™s a right time now :slight_smile:

Hero Academy. Add lvl 11 that gives hero trade option

*what can we trade? The list of heroes available for trading is the same that current version of lvl10 HA has: s1 heroes, old hotms, atlantis heroes and old event heroes.

*how does lvl11 look and work?

I suggest it as two ā€œwindowsā€:

• 1 window. Choose one 5* hero for sale. Pick up a hero out of the list same as suggested for lvl10 HA (heroes that are not allowed for trading are locked up same as for tournaments). Cool down timer is applied for the hero picked up by you for sale - 24h. You canā€™t change the hero more then 3 times b4 the trade is complete.

• 2 window. The list of the heroes your current alliance mates suggest for trade (29 suggestions maximum). Cool down timer 12 hours is applied for new alliance members, so they may see the alliance list of heroes available for trading after being the part of the alliance for 12+ hours.

*how often are we allowed to use lvl 11 of HA? Every player may use each window once per 3 months (or whatever). The second round of trade is possible only after both windows are used, but not earlier then in 3 months (just an example). The timer starts after the window is used (like the titan chest timer does when you leave an alliance).

*who is allowed to use lvl 11 of HA? Player has to be lvl 50+ (or whatever) to have access to the option. 2 particular players canā€™t interact with each other more then once per 6 months. I donā€™t suggest the criteria like ā€œbeing the part of an alliance for 30-60-90 or whatever daysā€ on purpose, because there are a lot of alliances that donā€™t mind mercing during their own titan passes)

*what are the prices?

• window 1 is free

• window 2 is !JUST AN EXAMPLE! 3k gems per trade (or whatever) . SG gets 50% commission (or whatever number suits you ). Seller gets the rest of the gems. Speaking about myself iā€™d be glad to get even 1k gems out of my dupe.

*why do we keep using summon gates after lvl11 release ? Reduced choice of heroes at lvl 11 prevents summon gates from getting unpopular as you still canā€™t get new heroes that way.

*what are the game balanceā€™risks? I see no harm in using dupes and getting profit by players if the qtt of transactions is limited and time restrictions are applied.

Implementation of lvl11 gives a reason for using lvl10 of HA where you may get a dupe of a good hero you already have and sell it at lvl 11. Iā€™m not saying that lvl10 HA is good as it is now , but the general idea , namely: retraining a useless 5* into a good 5* even tho itā€™s a dupe , - is good, just make it more oriented on multiple 5* usage at a time.

1 Like

I totally agree trading with ally members should be allowed! Mats of all kinds and even heros. KEY WORD TRADE. This wonā€™t stop the money e&p is getting for 1 you canā€™t buy say rings from shops or anywhere else except that 1 deal thats like $30 that comes around every blue moon and at that u can only buy 1 of those deals. 2 If you spend money on the game ur still gonna do pulls to get the new heros and other heros you still donā€™t have. Iā€™ve been playing for over 3 years now and I still donā€™t have a miki and my ally members donā€™t either but maybe 1 person sooo trading isnā€™t gonna stop me from doing pulls for new heros and heros I still donā€™t have and I want. So if members want to trade and they both go into a trading building they know its permanent. You could also set a limit like for example you have 3 trading tokens this week once used you canā€™t trade again tell next week. People that spend money on the game are gonna continue to spend well unless they stop playing altogether.

3 Likes

Got loads i donā€™t need and the one i do none of and never seems to be the quest one eitherā€¦

The idea is to add to the Hero Academy a market place. In this market place you can place a hero on the market for either gems or another hero of the same level. for example

You could place say a SIF 5* 3-70 up for trade. In the trade screen you can ask for what you want in return. A list of 5* heros you can pick which ones you would accept as a trade for the hero. Also option how many gems you would want for the hero.

The trade system can place a minimum to help limit abuse. Meaning only a 5* can be traded for a 5*. The minimum gems for a 5* is 1500 gems. Once you put the hero on the market it leaves your available heros and it is available to anyone that is willing to pay what is asked.

There can be a ā€œTaxā€ on the trade and a cost of say 100 gems to place the hero up for trade and 100 gems for the player accepting the trade. So in all a trade would cost 200 gems for each transaction.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see a feature for either trading or a auction house.

My Wife and I would like to trade some of our heroes with each other.We have been playing Empireā€™s and Puzzles for about 4 Years and put tons of $$$ into it almost daily.We have tons of duplicates.

I understand you wanna make money also.The main reason Iā€™m guessing this hasnā€™t happened yet.

Iā€™m thinking a feature like Selling your heroes for Gems to other players would be a good Idea.The game makes $$$ and players could gain more gems because we would have to buy gems to trade to other players.

Also a auction house same Idea just with other players around the world.

Or we could leave this feature strictly to alliance members only.

Please add a trading feature maybe like this to the game so me and my wife can enjoy the game even further.

Thank You for reading this post and taking this idea under consideration.

2 Likes

Things like this have been asked for a long time. Unfortunately I doubt it will be implemented. The only way I could see this happening would be the auction house method where you ā€œpayā€ with gems and SG takes a large portion of the ā€œprofitā€.

Even with that, this still probably wonā€™t happen because SG gets far more money from people chasing a particular hero than it would ever make with an Auction house.

We can all dream though.

2 Likes

The idea has been proposed many times before, yet it hasnā€™t happened for exactly the reason you mentioned: money.

And also the ability for people to possibly exploit it.

I know it sounds like a great idea, and my alliance would benefit greatly if we were able to do it, but SG knows that if the player base was able to fulfill each otherā€™s item needs, there would be less player purchases overall. Thatā€™s just a fact.

2 Likes

Forget. SGG/Zynga will never do it for free because they sell it.

Make it the cost of an event 10-pull. 3000 gems. Have it be a quarterly event or something. Each player gets exactly 1 flag/coin/whatever that they can cash in with a similar star hero + the flag/coin + 3000 gems to trade to an alliance mate. Lianna + event flag/coin + 3000 gems for an Evelyn that an alliance mate has, for example. Or just skip adding a hero and make it the event flag/coin + 3000 gems straight up. Maybe have the cost and flag usage for both sides of the trade so you donā€™t have one whale in your alliance trading away 29 dupes in that period. You would have to REALLY want to help your alliance mate if if is going to cost you 3000 gems.

1 Like

Would not be worth it at all for 3000 gems.

I was mostly talking about giving an alliance mate a couple of trap tools, or a few dozen antidotes, or a duplicate TC20 Richard or something. For 3000 gems, they could just buy that stuff for themselves.

1 Like

For 3000 gems you could buy yourself a CHANCE at a hero you really want. ButI we all know the poor odds of that. Would I spend 3000 gems for an alliance mateā€™s dupe of letā€™s sayā€¦Ursena or Hel or Panther or any of the heroes on my short wish list? I sure as hell would. Would a bunch of people in my alliance pay 3000 gems for my dupe copies of Gefjon or Bera or Killhare? They sure as hell would.

Oh absolutely, for a Hel or Ursena or somethingā€¦ heck yes that would be worth it.

My alliance is mostly F2P though, so I doubt any of us have duplicate A+ heroes laying around gathering dust.

1 Like

We are a mix of P2P, C2P and F2P. Some of us still need Marjana or Magni or Lianna, but I get your point. Those folks probably wouldnā€™t have 3000 gems lying around. Takes a while to accumulate that as a F2P player.

My girlfriend and I are / were C2P, a couple others spent small amounts here and there, and we do have a couple of members who spent considerably moreā€¦ but overall, when I think of trading, Iā€™m thinking more along the lines of

• my TC20 just gave me another duplicate Richard, any of you need a Richard?
  • [member X] didnā€™t you say you were out of antidotes? I have 500 - here, you can have 50 of mine
  • [member Y] you need trap tools, I need sturdy shields. Care to make a trade?

Small fries type trades. Nothing that Iā€™d spend $30 for.

1 Like

Gotchaā€¦maybe a sliding scale of gems for things like that. Was just spitballinā€™.

1 Like

Was a good idea for sure, but cā€™mon, you know SG isnā€™t going to let players trade A+ heroes with each other for the low cost of 3000 gems. Not when each of those heroes have a retail value well into the thousands of dollar range.

I wish I could find the linkā€¦ I read an op-ed a few months back about Zyngaā€™s business model, and how they essentially milk lots of money out of the games they buy (but then end up losing players over time, because they themselves admit they donā€™t put much focus on QoL improvements, one of their own executives even said ā€œenhancing QoL has never been our main focus, but perhaps thatā€™s something we should look forward to testing in the future to help with player retentionā€)

Anywayā€¦ I digress. The part about the article that really struck me was when they described Zyngaā€™s essential blueprint. It read something like this:

In X game, there are certain buildings you need to construct in order to be successful. These buildings require 10 different items in order to build. Some players will buy all of those items on day one. But others will just play the game and try to accumulate them for free through gameplay. Zynga knows this, and so they will let players get 9/10 of those items through gameplay. But the 10th item will be seemingly unobtainable unless the player pays for it. They have done extensive psychological studies that have proven that a player is far more likely to spend when they only need one last piece to complete a project they have spent many months or more working on. Zynga takes full advantage of this fact by giving their free players just enough to hook them, before dangling that final carrot in front of them in exchange for a real money purchase. Of course, since they are using the gacha model, there is no guarantee that the player will ever actually get that item, but they will continue to spend and spend and spend until they do.

The ability to trade items between different people and make value of items different so for instance if I want a warm cape I could give up a pair of gloves and 10,000 iron in 10,000 food but just thatā€™s a good an example it would more or likely be a form of trade that can be done within a group or clan that you are already in and have been in for at least a 30-day period or more but something similar to that Iā€™m just thinking outside of the box in the situation of using that as a way to help clan members help other clan members grow the clan

1 Like

I linked one of many threads on trading

2 Likes