[Master] Trading Between Players - Please add your comments & ideas here!

I’ve been wanting a trade feature in this game for awhile now, I’ve got all these duplicate heroes and one’s I never plan on using just sitting in my roster, and being able to help out noob’s to the game or players that had something unfortunately happen to them like losing their accounts would help. If you could imitate what other games I’ve played did: like 5 trades in a 24hr period before it resets would help alot.

5 Likes

Didn’t see this thread when posted my idea on alliance treasury.
So will keep here link to it: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/alliance-treasury/39731.

Continuing the discussion from Proposal - Trading system:

I would like to propose a trading system that would allow trading of all resources, heroes, and troops … but with a caveat. Any proposed and agreed upon trade would then have to be submitted for approval to the entire alliance. Upon being notified of the pending trade alliance members would then have, say 48 hours or so, to either approve or reject the trade (after that time a non-vote defaults to approval). If a majority of members reject the trade, the deal is nixed, otherwise the deal becomes final. I believe this system will promote fairness within the alliance and prevent collusion. I saw this system work very well in fantasy sports leagues and this is in fact where I got the idea from. What’s great about this system is that the alliance ultimately decides what the price is for everything. Each alliance would be basically setting up their own economy, and I think that is not only neat, but will help enrich and sell this game to new members while giving current members a deeper experience.

1 Like

Jeśli nie chandel to może wspulny magazyn dla sojuszu

Można w nim zostawić to co nam nie potrzebne

A może przyda się inym

Trading can be done in many different ways either within an alliance or as a general trading store sitewise.

For trading to be feasible for SG there would have to be some sort of gain going in SG’s favour otherwise all they see is, instead of you buying gems to summon heros you will just trade between yas which makes a lot of sense business wise.

Now as a suggestion based on the current structure of how heros are got through summons a trade store would have to have something like this if for example you wanted to trade a 5* hero

(Example only)

1. The one with the 5* hero that is to be traded would pay something like say 50 gems to SG to post it.

2. the member wanting that hero would pay the normal summons 300 gems it cost for that 5* hero to SG for accepting to buy it. At least this way you

A) Seller- Get a chance to get rid of your unnecessary heros
B) Buyer - Get your hands on the hero you want without the option of it being random

C) SG doesn’t lose out because you are not spending at least the 300 gems for a random hero

Note; (which was brought to may attention )
By the end of the trade process both players will have paid 350gems to SG

The trade could then only happen between

1. same star heros
  2. 2 people who have posted a hero to be traded

The already aquired levels of each hero wouldn’t play a part in any way so you accept them the way they come.

I feel this option guarantees complete fairness for all involved.

Also I feel would

1. Improve on SG’s REVENUE as they will find more people trading this way than using summons and as a result make more money in the long term since they don’t lose out on the summons transaction hense getting 350gems per hero instead of the single pull cist of 300 gems.

2. players would be much happier and far less frustrated with the game because they get what they want at the same cost they would have paid for a summons but with less frustration they would using a random selection

All in all everyone will feel good and won’t feel cheated.

Personally I’d prefer to see a sitewide trading store over an alliance only one as I feel an alliance only trade store would create a lot of allience jumping to find what you want.

Also a sitewide trading store would open more doors for a greater selection of heros on trade.

Now this brings to question, what about ascension items which is another suggested trade option.

The answer is basically doing it the same way but instead for less gems to SG (that would be left to what they feel would be fair) and you could only trade one ascension item for another. Meaning farming items don’t come into account.

I don’t feel farming msterial needs to be included in store trades as they are plentiful as it is just play for them. As for for ascension items and heros well a store won’t stop you from playing the game and it fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it encouraged you to more.

This is my version of a good fair honest trade store for all concerned.

Hope you like it or just have fun amending it.

Cheers

PS

Negative of alliance only stores are that it would be very hard fir SG’s to implement given that there would be many issues created from Alliances that keep starting up and closing and the coding of such a process in the background would be a nightmare honestly.

Keeping it sitewide as a Trading Store makes access to everyone easier and is far easier to implement providing you all with a greater chance of it being accepted or at least looked at and not thrown into the too hard basket.

1 Like

I don’t think your math works. Maybe I miss read your post?

Let’s say you have 2 players that want to trade 5* heroes (P1 and P2)

P1 posts on the board and pays 50 gems to SG
P2 accepts the trade and pays 300 gems to SG
They both get 5* heroes they want.

At the end P1 got the hero he wanted for 50 and P2 for 300. 250 gems difference. Seems unfair to me. Especially if both those players either already paid 300 gems to get their heroes or spent resources and trained them in tc20.

3 Likes

Yes it does sound like that but it should mean that by the end of the transaction both players will have paid SG 350 gems each because they both got a hero.

Although in my head it sound like I was saying that I’m sorry for the confusion and appreciate you bring it up

Cheers

PS

I have corrected and added that on the original post.

Cheers

This is a very nice idea!!! Who dont like it, well dont use it!!!

LOL I allready have 5 :rofl::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think when a trade for unequal items/ heroes (ie a 4-star for a couple 3-stars and/or a 4-star item for several 3-star items) is proposed and accepted, then such a trade then goes to the league for approval. Then, say, if a third of the league votes it down, the deal falls through. This should discourage collusion and keep members from crying ‘foul!’ since they would have had a say in whether the trade was approved or not.

I like the ideas I saw concerning trades of equal items/heroes. That these should be completed automatically with trade fees going to SG.

1 Like

If hero trades were allowed, i think that the traded hero should be reset to 1-1. Otherwise the receiving player is getting more—possibly a lot more—value than just the hero.

The idea of a gems transaction cost is sound and has been suggested frequently up-thread. What I don’t find compelling about your proposal is the lack of clarity about how matches are made. In an alliance, we could at least use alliance chat, or a third-party app, to discuss a swap. Also in an alliance I have some willingness to accept a “bad” trade to improve the alliance overall. For example, I might be willing to trade a Gregorion copy for Khagan, even though I already have a Khagan. But I wouldn’t take that trade in the general market.

A site-wide scheme needs some other option. One approach might be to make a specific “bid-ask”: i’ll offer a Gregorion for an Aeron, say, and I post my transaction fee (say 500 gems). If someone has an active bid-ask offering an Aeron for a Gregorion, or if someone posts such a bid-ask while mine is still active, the trade goes through, with the buyer paying a matching fee (500 gems) and my posted fee pocketed by SG. If after, say, three days, my offer still stands, it is cancelled and 450 gems are returned.

Why should I lose 50 gems on a failed bid-ask? To discourage cluttering up the market with unrealistic offers like “willing to trade my Guardian Kong for an Alberich”.

Potential traders can also review what’s active in the market. Someone with a spare Aeron might scan through the bids for an Aeron to see if there’s anything interesting: “hmm, Guardian Owl, Guardian Kong, Obakan, Obakan, Quintus, Thorne, Thorne,Thorne, and, oh look Gregorion!” and then accept that trade (paying the fee).

Note that by anonymizing the transaction, there’s no opportunity for someone to game this to their personal advantage. If an alt has a great hero and wants to pass it up to their main account, that transaction has to go through the market and there’s a good chance that some other player will snag the offer first (especially if transactions are posted to the market with a random delay, so that the alt can’t post and the main grab instantly).

6 Likes

Interesting… What you’re proposing reminds me at least somewhat of how waiver wire transactions work in Major League Baseball. For waived players to be picked up by a team that really wants him, he first has to clear “waivers”, or has to be declined by teams that have a right to him first. This basically prevents perceived ‘bad’ or ‘unfair’ trades from going through. Which is the same thing you want to avoid. If it works for MLB I have to think it might work here. Very ingenious idea Kerridoc!

2 Likes

What you have stated here about using the trade offer for your own advantage between your own account is the exact same reason why an allience trade will not work as this is far from playing fair. This type of thing in the devs etes is a form of abusing the system where as what I proposed is fair to all players and equal.

Yes resetting the heros to standard minimum is a good idea

Note; SG will never agree to a store which allows swaps that can benefit one player over another as this would encourage everyone to open multiple accounts and use all the other account to benefit a main account and all these proposals of swapping only lead to these types of transactions wanting to be done.

This is why any store proposal to be besigned to be fair for everyone, by everyone and can’t be seen to to have account advantages in any way other than finding items that may normally be difficult to get during normal game play and without SG losing out.

I know thst what I am saying here isn’t what you want to hear but the reality of life isn’t allows soft on the ears and as a businessman myself all I read here with these swap proposals is gaming abuse even as you will state it has to be accepted by all members of an alliance or there abouts that alone is call for abuse as one person can have multiple accounts in a single alliance thus controlling everything that us swapped, said and done.

If you really want this store and SG to consider it, these proposals need be kept fair for every player on the site nit just a soecific few.

Cheers

1 Like

I agree. If trading within an alliance were allowed with a few restrictions, you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be players who roll up multiple accounts and park them all in one alliance. And they will trade up all the valuable items to the main account, swapping down the inferior heroes. While 99% of alliance trading would be well intentioned, it’s the one percent who would take advantage of a loophole that need to be considered in the design.

6 Likes

Kerrydoc, Intresting viewpoint, you may be right!

1 Like

I think it could be profitable for them if the balance could be paid off in gems, actually I think it will encourage many F2P players to try and spend some money, I know I would pay for Zeline (it just depends on how much it would be).

And like someone said above, any trade outside an alliance can be charged with a fee, and within the alliance, they can setup a hold off time, just like the titans.

2 Likes

I understand ppl are worried the game would become unbalanced with in alliance trading. I’ve always thought that the trading should only be amonst elders which would give leaders more responsibility. Also requiring a certain amount of days in an alliance before you become eligible to trade w elders and leaders. Another component would be when hero’s are traded to another member, the hero’s stats would be reset, meaning the receiving member would need to train that hero instead of just having a maxed hero right off the bat

1 Like

Heroes Trading exchange

How does it work?

Apart from the store, the alliances, the quests,… I propose a trading exchange…
I got my inspiration from the hattrick.org game where gamers put their players on a transferlist for everyone to see and where they can bid.

Some propose only trading within an alliance, but that would give strong alliances a big advantage.

1. You offer a hero (ascended or not) for sale

2. You ask for a opening bid (ascension items, flasks, food/iron)

3. You start with a zero asking price, and let other players bid each other out

• I propose that in the first weeks of the hero-exchange, the outbid is the only way to catch a new hero. That way we will know what the value of a hero is through the community.
  4. The hero will be 2 days on the list for sale. If sold, i twill go to the new owner. If not, it will return to the old owner.

5. Transferred heroes will never perform as good as those that were trained in your own training camps. I propose a homegrown-bonus:

6. Homegrown heroes would perform as normal

7. Bought/traded heroes receive a penalty on their skills

1. 1-4 weeks in the new team : 10% reduction

2. 5-8 weeks in the new team: 8%

3. 9-12 weeks in the new team: 6%

4. 13 + weeks: in the new team 5%

This way, it is still more attractive to train your own heroes, but at the same time be able to obtain a 5* hero.

1. To search for a hero, we will need a search engine

2. Sorting elements

3. Sorting power

4. Sorting asking price

5. Sorting transfer-deadlines

Pro:

• It’s a new feature!

• It’s fun to have a 5* hero

• You can rebalance your team

• No threat for the developers ‘cause the traded heroes will be weaker than those who are bought.

Con:

• Big players have more items tot trade (but probably have a balanced team as well)
3 Likes