[MASTER] Three kingdoms chat, language issues

Wrong. There are many people out there who speak multiple languages. Not just their native and English. While there are even more who don’t speak more than their native language.
Your approach to this is “Oh, it’s not all in English!! It’s useless!!!”
The fact that you cant comprehend why your assumption here is useless isn’t hard to understand. You want what you want and if you can’t have it no one should have what is there already. That’s a very sad way of looking at things.
This is a phone game. It is offered and catered to many different groups of people from many different countries with the purpose of making money. While there may be solutions, those solutions would have to be based on the cost vs. benefit. In all likeliness, no one’s going to care what you think or how high your ignorance is willing to climb. At the end of the day, it’s just an event that everyone is welcome to enjoy and communicate within the event chat in whichever language they choose to. You keep thinking they’re talking trash about you and obsess over that paranoia. This isn’t an RL obligation nor does anyone’s livelihood depend on it (except the devs of course which is why they probably don’t care what you think about people not speaking in English within in the game).
Cheers mate! Hope you find your peace and work on expanding the tolerance.

:laughing:

I’m not wrong at all
And stop calling me ignorant, for the last time

I’m not, maybe you are, as well you (not me) are totally unrespectful about options different from yours, as you demonstrated… Again

:rofl: :rofl: Look up the definition of ignorant. It’s not an insult. Your demand for everyone to utilize English or not use in-game chat is insulting. Maybe people just don’t want to communicate with you? Or simply, they just don’t care what you have to say or think?
My “ideas” are absolutely right here. Well, it’s more like a fact. People can and should utilize whatever language they choose to within the game if it is allowed by the ToS of the game. If you don’t like it, feel free to close the chat or uninstall the game. Simple as that

Again, there is a “real time” translation for those don’t understand french/German

Which is not the case for the game
I don’t care what is the language being used (and indeed it is totally unrespectful to keep writing that I am intolerant, I never wrote that people should ALWAYS write in English in the game), but there is no point in allowing people to communicate through a chat if the message they want to communicate cannot be understood by the receivers

And again, I listed different solutions

We are here for discussing, I proposed several solutions to a problem, which is not only “mine”, please note that I am not the OP

If you don’t see the problem and the only thing you can do is to say that others are ignorant please log out and stop commenting, thanks

This is the last time I am feeding you

You are absolutely right, English is the official language used on the forum. Which is why there is a foreign language section, and posters who use other languages either use Google translate before posting, or their posts are moved to the foreign language section.

The in-game chat however, is completely different. :disappointed_relieved: One common language would be great, I totally agree with you, and many have already shared Google translate is a great tool, which I used to decipher others were just saying Hello.

My team didn’t really have a discussion on tank colour, I tried :disappointed_relieved:. Then I did the math, and looked at the tank colour most people had and changed mine. I’m not a fan of Blue tanks, but the majority (34 players) did, so time for Pengi to shine.

GL in your war!

2 Likes

Anything that is not prohibited is permitted. If random group of people are in the same warband, that doesn’t mean that they have to follow rules like in a alliance where there is a leader.

The official language used should be Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Since I assume everyone has seen the film The Mummy we should all be able to understand and converse in a universal language.

Which is about absurd as this thread has become. People are typing in a different language than yours…big whoop. What in the general scheme of anything does this really matter??

Live and let live.

4 Likes

We are here for discussing, if you don’t see the problem why are you here?

What’s the point of keeping answering “who cares” / “just uninstall” and so on?

"Developers should not keep working on the game, who cares about problems/suggestions

The game is there, uninstall if you don’t like it"

1 Like

This is indeed a valid suggestion, even though it looks to me the less “comfortable” way to proceed, and I would appreciate SG implementing some easier solutions

You are making an assumption that what they want to say was not be understood by others, simply because you could not understand it. If I walked into a large room, and heard many people talking in many languages, I might try to listen for my own or give a Halloo in my own language, and listen for a response. But I would not be upset, and certainly not offended, if I didn’t hear my language back. I may be lonely, if I could not speak any of the languages I heard, but I would not be railing against the gods or angry at those around me for not speaking a language I understood. That just seems very entitled to me. If I needed to communicate something important, I would find a way to try to communicate, using whatever tools were at my disposal.

4 Likes

I am not angry at all, I am here to propose solutions, as I wrote SEVERAL times. What I am asking is exactly to have these tools that you are mentioning, since it is not acceptable (as I learned in this thread) to ask users the courtesy of writing in English

The only assumption I am making is that the chat should be “a tool for communicating”, and does not seem to me to be too strong

There were instead a lot o very strong and offensive assumptions based on nothing from other users, which do not see the problem of “communicating through that chat” and decided that I am ignorant, intolerant, racist, or whatever

4 Likes

Crap… not sure what Kilted said but it seems very angry and offensive! Flag it!

4 Likes

It’s the real universal language.

6 Likes

01010000 01110101 01110010 01110000 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101110 01101011 01110011 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110011

If you’d rather

3 Likes

@Cheds I’m already really sleepy, but I can’t leave… I’m dying of laughter! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes