[MASTER] Three kingdoms chat, language issues

What a troll.

It is not a matter of what I am approving, it is a matter of understanding each other, and yes English is the language that is universally used when people from different nationality speak each other… Like it happens ALSO IN THIS FORUM/THREAD

This is the basis of communication, if the two actors keep speaking different languages, there cannot be any communication between them

No one forces you to write in the chat, if you keep doing it in a language that no one can understand it IS disrespectful

1 Like

Sure, it would be nice. Common courtesy? Nah. You’re not the governing body that decides what is correct or acceptable behaviour in a phone game. This isn’t RL. Maybe for you it is and if that’s the case you have my sympathy. But not for every single other person that plays it whenever times permits or when they decide they actually want to play it or how they want to play it.

Obviously I meant consequences for the person that doesn’t end up using up their flags or use them most efficiently. But whether you’re gonna get your extra 3 Arrow Attacks or not is really of no consequence in any scenario. So, no consequences really.

Sure, the rando is a real human being and if it comes down that rando’s well being I’m all for it. However, it doesn’t as this, again, is just a phone game. Not RL.
What if it happens more than just “once in a while”? What if a person playing this game has 4 kids that are in a whole bunch of extra curricular activities, a home to run, while also having to manage a full time job? And something always creeps up and prevents them from finishing events? But still enjoys playing this game when they have time.
I totally understand them not being a fit for alliances that have full control over membership and member expectations are laid out, and with not fulfilling those expectations leading to their removal. But do you expect them to not opt in for events such as these because that gets in the way of your 3 arrow attacks? If you do, then you’re very selfish, self-centered, and victim of internet anonymity (as you put it earlier). After all, they may be a paying customer, so do you think SGG should care more about your wants over their way of playing the game?

True colors? Nah, your projection is quite obvious. Attempting to label others the way you did to obfuscate what your wants are doesn’t mean you’re right. It just means you think about yourself. Common courtesy has nothing to do your personal wants.

Cheerio!

@Dyna49 and @Elayanith, It is clear that this is a game and some take it more competitive than others, it is obvious by your responses.

Life is life and if you cannot use flags because life happen it is ok but if you don’t use flags because you just do not care and there is not consequences about it, that is an issue. The bottom line is that if you choose not to use your flags it is your given right to do so but when it affect others, that is an issue. Because the rewards in this type events depends in all doing their best and if you choose not to do so because you just do not care and there is not consequences (not because life issues), it is a bit unconsidered for those that do care and make their best effort. I also get annoyed when all flags does not get use and loose because of that because as everyone I will like to get the loot for winning.

SG should keep track of all those that do not fully participate and group them so those that are more competitive do not get affected or at least if you do not care enough not to use all your flags you should not care sitting the next war.

There are many aspects of this game that depends only on you and your motivation to participate but when you choose to join a group event then you have to work as a group otherwise stick to solo events

2 Likes

Um…comprehension breakdown perhaps? Just like the ToM has nothing to do with the alliance obligations, neither does the W3K. So, it’s just another event…much like the ToM. Easy to understand.

Maybe you are? Or maybe you don’t responsibilities that many others do have? Maybe you take this game too seriously? Maybe the game takes priority in your daily life compared to other people who don’t view it as nothing more than a game they choose to play how they want to play it?

You do realize it’s still in Beta, right? I’m sure there will be participation tiers for loot just like with other EVENTS or other things put in place that determines what loot, etc., one will receive based on their involvement. But going to the extremes of no loot or being barred as if we’re sanctioning people for human rights violations shows how ignorant you are. It’s ok…it’s just a game. Find something meaningful in life to put all that energy to!

For the top-level players maybe this is the case. But many lower-level players will not use all their flags not because they “dont care” but because they don’t have enough heroes to build 12 teams. With 6-flg war penalizing unused flags might have some sense. In 12-flag war it will just limit access to this event for low-level players.

2 Likes

you are absolutely right, it should be a balance or different mechanism to make it fair for everyone

Should people who don’t speak English just stay silent then? What if there are a few people who speak common language, but none can speak/understand English? Should they be barred from speaking English? Is ESL mandated in every education system across every single country in the world?

Do you believe everyone has the same opportunities as you? If you’re assuming that people typing in a different language are typing offensive things, it sounds more like a personal problem bordering on paranoia.

Nah. You’re just intolerant and ignorant. Perhaps you should send feedback to SGG and demand they offer this game in English only and enforce English as the primary language to be used within the app itself. Let us know how that turns out.

1 Like

@egeovannyam I agree with you…I even agree with @Elayanith that people should use their flags if they can. The only thing I disagree with is that we’re not in position to dictate what is considered worthy enough to get in the way of people not using their flags/how often they should allow other responsibilities to get in way or how others should play this game.
What you, myself, or anyone else wants, what language we think people should speak in while in the game, etc…is really not up to us. Nor should we be in position to mandate certain things. Yes, everyone should use their flags (this is how I feel)…but I will not chastise/punish someone for not doing what I feel they should do in any way, shape, or form nor should I be in position to demand such a thing.

6 Likes

First of all please stop insulting, we are not in a bar where you “can” insult people writing that they are ignorant, like you did in your post.

It is not a matter of being tolerant, I don’t care where people came from, neither I am asking to have the game in English or to force people to ALWAYS write in English within the game, I am just pointing out the obvious: it makes no sense to write in languages different from English in the WAR CHAT of the new event, and it is not respectful for the others.
Because again, who is unrespectful is who keeps posting in languages that no one can understand, certainly not who is asking to use English for communicating.

Let’s look at the facts:

FACT #1: in this new war people from different countries is put in the same “team”
FACT #2: there is a chat, were people forming the teams can COMMUNICATE
FACT #3: English is the language that is the standard de facto when communicating between people from different countries/languages (and indeed we are communicating IN ENGLISH)
FACT #4: If I write in the chat in Italian it is unlikely that people from Germany, Russia, Australia, China, Burundi, … can understand me.
FACT #5: If I write in English in the chat it is likely that NOT ONLY English/Australian/American players can understand me, it is indeed likely that EVERYONE in the chat can somehow understand me, because of fact #3
FACT #6: No one forces you/me/anyone to write in the chat. The chat is an instrument to COMMUNICATE

Now please tell me how one can COMMUNICATE with others if he/she uses a language that the others CANNOT UNDERSTAND

And please also explain to the “ignorant and intolerant” drunkenduck WHY ARE WE WRITING IN ENGLISH HERE, and not in Italian, French, German or whatever else

1 Like

Because forum rules say:
"15. Mainly English language is allowed. We do not officially support any other languages on this forum. You can write in a foreign language in the [Foreign Languages] category. Some of our active members help out on translations there, from time to time. Please note, that foreign language support is not guaranteed. "

1 Like

And guess why there is this rule!!!

You overestimate the popularity of english. There are many people, who never communicated wit a person from different country.

It works both sides. How somebody limiting himself to using English can communicate with people who don’t understand this language?

2 Likes

But it costs the owner nothing if he excludes some people from this forum.
But excluding non-english speakers from using the game will cost SGG real money, so they work to make the game available in other languages as well.
And there is no reason not to allow player using a language in which the game communicates with the player.

2 Likes

I am not saying that everyone SHOULD know English, I am saying that there exist no alternative if you want to communicate with people from other countries, and since no one forces to write in the “war chat”, the solution is simply not to write in that chat if you don’t know any word in English. It makes absolutely no sense to write in Italian (, German, Russian, …) In that chat

And then again my proposal, which is essentially the same as the OP: (SG) please create teams of people from the same country (or remove the otherwise useless chat)

1 Like

Or please insert the possibility to automatically translate messages. This would be less easy to implement, of course, but it is something already done in other games, hence not impossible

My google translate works for all languages available in this game. I am unsure why this is such an issue, but it seems to have led to so much negativity. Perhaps that is just the world these days.
I spent a week in an alliance that did not speak english (was just a visit for a mythic titan) and I learned four phrases in another language, and even learned a bit about their culture through the Line group.
I enjoyed it very much. Everyone there was welcoming and friendly.
I had hoped that this could be like that, learn a few things out of the millions of things I don’t know.
It seems it will not. Oh well.
Perhaps SG could attach a language preference to our account, or have a select language button when joining the war.

Unfortunately, there is not the possibility to copy messages from the chat to external sources like translate, nor the possibility to directly translate the message
At least not in the android version of the game

It is quite problematic to rewrite the whole message in translate, especially if the message contains non-latin characters

1 Like

My war band also tried to coordinate, and I appreciate the effort

Unfortunately, I didn’t realise there was a chat, didn’t check it after setting my defense, and got stuck with the wrong tank color - but a lot of others didn’t either, oops

I am just enjoying the free for all now. It’s a new experience for me, coming from smaller alliances :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keep this chat friendly too… :+1:

2 Likes

This community is quite strange, you flagged as inappropriate a post stating the obvious: if we speak different languages that we don’t understand, we cannot communicate (I tried to edit it, the only inappropriate -?- part was “what a troll”, though, but it is not possible, while the message stated that it was in the first 10 minutes after hiding it). This is indeed the basis of communication

On the other hand it appears to be appropriate to write that other users are ignorant.

Well, good to know. Quite disappointing, but if it is how it works here…