MASTER THREAD (Solved) - Training Camp Lost food/recruits at withdrawal

solved
training-camp

I am convinced that the food storage overseer is stealing the excess food, to sell on the Black market, and murdering the recruits to cover up his crime.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Lmao this is just funny.

When cancelling a recruitment in the training camp one used to get back the recruits and food spend for the cancelled training.
Today I tried to reorganize the load of my camps but realized that I didn’t get back anything at all.
I press the ‘-’ in the training camp to cancel the recruitment and get the pop-up message that the resources spend for the training can’t be reimbursed completely (German version on the Screenshots).
This message was always popping up, but one used to get back all the recruits and all the food if enough space was available.
Today - despite the fact that there is space for both - I didn’t get back anything at all.

Screenshot_20171108-130316Screenshot_20171108-130327Screenshot_20171108-130349

Did you have enough space for all the food and recruits? Obviously i don’t know your max limits on either, but your food might be too full to harbor all the food (and maybe you can’t take an additional 70 recruits either).

You can still get everything back, but if you can’t take back all the food and all the recruits at the same time - you get nothing.

Has it always been like that (all our nothing)?

I cancelled a lot of trainings but never experienced that everything gets lost. Maybe I always had space for everything, but especially with the food I doubt that to be honest.

I didn’t pay too much attention to this before, but I thought one got at back everything that fits and only everything additional got lost.

The German “warning” message makes it sound like this at least. ("…not completely…")

I know that it might be poor localisation - as in some hero descriptions - so it would be nice to know the English wording in this message.

If the “all-or-nothing” mechanic is the way it should work, the message should maybe clearly state this.

The message is the same for both English and Dutch. I posted a similar thing a while ago and the all or nothing thing is supposed to work like this. I suggested too that the warning message should be clear on this.

As far as I know it’s always been like that yeah.

The message definitely isn’t super clear, i believe the english one warns you you can’t get your ‘full resources’ back - whatever that means is up to you to find out.

I agree that the phrasing could (should) be adjusted to more accurately let you know what you have to do - but at least now you know :slight_smile: .

But when you think you are only loosing the resources and then don’t get the 20 recruits back …

Yeah, that sucks. Thats why they added the pop up warning message.

But the good thing is you only loose a limited ammout of resources and you wont likely do the same misstake again.

Bug occurred 12/21 at 10:20 AM EST.

I had been training multiple tier 3 or higher Heroes, and decreased the number being trained to get the resources back. I did not receive the resources back. I tried again and same thing. Number being trained decreased by one, but I did not get my resources back.

Did you have room for all resources? For both recruits and food? If you don’t, you get back nothing, but get a warning message. Previous that message said that you wouldn’t get all back, but the last time I saw it pop up it did say I wouldn’t get any resources back (good improvement).

I had room for the food, but not recruits. Why doesn’t it give me back and max out recruits and then the correct food. Should give back the amounts and if you don’t have room, just max out the ones that are full.

I agree with you, but it isn’t how it works. I asked here on the forums too, before they altered the warning message. Didn’t you get a pop-up with a warning that you did not have the room?

I did, but it makes it sound like you only lose where you have maxed out. Not everything.

Can this be fixed? It should be a simple code change using an if then statement. Surprised that they have made it all or nothing, especially when resource costs are so high.

The answer I got, was that it is working as intended, so I don’t think they fill fix it. I just make sure I have enough room, before shuffling things around. Food can be easily spend and you can queue the recruits in another tc before emptying the one you want empty.

I do the same thing as Konijntje indicated. That said, since I stumbled on the issue, I’ve been more careful at planning my TC use. I queue up just enough work to take me to a time period when I know I will likely get to have some time to play, and I anticipate if it will be a time that I want to take the opportunity to change direction. (change color of heroes to train, or start a camp upgrade or a research).

It has worked nicely for me thus far… I hardly ever reduce the training queues anymore.

What I’d like to be able to do is queue up jobs of different types ahead of time in a given camp. ie. If I have queued training for 5 green heroes and I got an influx of recruits I want to use, I’d like to be able to say add the training for 4 red heroes. I don’t care it the red heroes training doesn’t start until the green heroes training is completed, I just don’t want to have to wait until they are done to queue-up the jobs.

I still think we should be able to upgrade more than 1 building at a time if we have the resources to do it. But that, as they say, is a separate issue.

Cheers, and try to keep on having fun!

• FunCker

I have reached the game where my food storages and farms have reached maximum most of the times.
When I need to remove training from training camp, it is understandable I cannot recover foods because full but the troops are gone as well when there is space in my houses. Please fix so that you can recover troop counts even when the food is lost/maxed out! Thank you

hear hear!

and the rest of the twenty characters maybe…

This “feature” has been around since the start. You must have room to accommodate both the recruits and food to get either back. It is an odd rule, but there are ways around it. Use your forge to make a batch of potions, opening up space in your food storage. Then adjust your TCs, then pull back items from the forge. You’ll end up with an extra potion or two, but mostly all good.

If you have a lot of food sitting around, you should consider running TC19 to burn through it (if you have enough recruits) and/or train your troops in the Barracks. Both are very effective at burning millions of hams.

I also use the forge level 20 to make space/room in my food storage