🎪 [MASTER] Starfall Circus Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

The Starfall Circus Challenge Event!

NOTE: This thread is a MASTER thread & no longer is published specific to a given event appearing.

Start Time End Time Duration
Thursday at 07:00 UTC Monday at 07:00 UTC 4.0 days

Check out calendar and digital_calendar for dates on when the monthly challenge event is appearing.

Reflected Color
:sun_with_face: Holy/ Yellow

:world_map: @Mariamne & @cap’s Original Stage Guide

Rewards Summary

Credit: @Mariamne
Source: 🌟 Memento Challenge Events - #2 by Mariamne

Click for Rewards Summary by Mariamne

NOTE: Completion Rewards will be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended, as long as it’s started before the event ends.

:world_map: Alternative Guides

Transcript Guide to “Copy Paste” into In-Game Chat

Credit: @FighterJack
Not yet available. Will be added when available.

Guide by @VeryQuietly

Credit: @VeryQuietly
Source: Quick Reference Sheet and Graphics for Events, HOTM, hero types, summon portals, cost comparison
Not yet available. Will be added when available.

Challenge Event Summary (all)

Guide by @Zartanis

Credit: @Zartanis
Source: {Master - Zartanis' Guides} Building, Crafting, Event, Talent Grid Guides, etc

Click for Quick Guide

Click for Full Guide (Inc. Boss/ Mob HP's)

Guide by @ColdHands

Credit: @ColdHands
Source: Challenge Events by CH

Click for guide (not yet inc. Boss HP)

Starfall Hero Use Bonus

This feature is NEW… or rather different; same as in League of Villains

The use of Starfall Heroes in a given stage of the Starfall Circus Challenge Event will give a bonus to those heroes.

Specifically:

• Heroes of the Starfall family bypass the Elemental Barriers in this Challenge Event’s stages
  • Heroes of the Starfall family have increased attack, defense, and health (+20%) in this Challenge Event’s stages

Starfall Special Gameplay

This feature is NEW and UNIQUE to the Starfall Circus.

The short of the “special Gameplay” is that, every 5 turns, the “Stars Fall”

The Stars Falling triggers 3 actions:

1. Starfall deals {x} damage to all Heroes
  2. Changes the element of all heroes to the element they are strong against (lasts for 5 turns)
  3. Interferes with 2 of your Battle Items. The interference prevents the use of a Battle Item for 3 turns.

Some notes:

• Starfall damage is 100 for Rare, 150 for Epic and 200 for Legendary

• Element Change makes use of Guardian Chameleons Ailment. It is NOT cleansable & does not have a duration… So it essentially will cycle your heroes thru each colour every 5 turns…

• Red heroes → Green → Blue → Red (changes every 5 turns).
  • Battle Item interference is random. So there is the chance that the same item/s will be interfered with on 2 consecutive Starfalls.

:gem: Summons Costs

Like all other Event Summon Portals, the Portal Cost is per below:

Single Summon

• 10 Challenge Coins
    OR
  • 300 Gems

10x Summon

• 2600 Gems

:game_die: Summoning Appearance Rates

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 53.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 19.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Trainer Hero: 10.0%
Epic Trainer Hero: 1.0%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Note: The addition of Trainer Heroes to the Portal Odds has come at the expense of Season 1 Odds. NO CHANGE has been made to the Challenge Event Hero Odds.
Share your thoughts on this addition here: Trainer Heroes in Event Portals -- Thoughts and Discussions

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x). Based on 10,000 gems costing 99.99 USD, I have also added an approximate $ cost too.

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

|Occurence|1x
US$3.00|10x
US$26.00|30x
US$77.99|100x
US$259.97|500x
US$1,299.87|1500x
US$3,899.61|
|-|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:expressionless:
| Get at Least 1 Starfall Hero (3*-5*) | 14.6% | 79.4% | 99.1% | 100% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 5* Starfall Hero | 1.0% | 9.6% | 26.0% | 63.4% | 99.3% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 5* Starfall Hero | 0.17% | 1.7% | 4.9% | 15.4% | 56.6% | 91.8% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 4* Starfall Hero | 5.7% | 44.4% | 82.8% | 99.7% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 4* Starfall Hero | 1.9% | 17.5% | 43.8% | 85.3% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 3* Starfall Hero | 7.9% | 56.1% | 91.5% | 99.9% | 100% | 100% |

Putting That In Perspective

• If 1 million players each spent US$26.00 to do 10 Summons, 206,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Starfall Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$259.97 to do 100 Summons, 366,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Starfall 5* Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$1,299.87 to do 500 Summons, 434,300 of those players would NOT get a particular Starfall 5* Hero

Summary Graphic of Portal Odds

See below amazing summary graphic by @Dorkus showing what odds you can really expect from the various summons portals in the game:

:link: Related Threads

Related Info:

Hero Threads:

21 Likes

The short of the “special Gameplay” is that, every 5 turns, the “Stars Fall”

“The interference prevents the use of a Battle Item for 3 turns”

Is it activate 3 turn for each 5 turn and we have 2 turn no interference ?

I copied that section out of my #beta-beat thread; can’t remember exactly now as it’s been a while since we tested it but it was correct at the time of writing Beta Beat up :stuck_out_tongue:

First 5 tuns no hindrance, then “the stars fall” . It blocked 2 battle items for 3 turns and heroes change their color element for 5 turns. X damages done .

4 Likes

So we have 2 turn before the stars fall, 2 turn to use carpet bomb from our battle items ?

Am I the only one without the event?!

Starts next week.

If that was the concern here

That sounds correct. From turn 6 on, only the last 2 out of every 5 turns will you have access to all 4 battle item slots. Turns 9,10, 14, 15, etc.

So I guess Dark heroes are a no no for this, since from turn 6 on, they will be Holy and get reflected before flipping back and forth

5 Likes

Oh Thanks, I misread a previous commment

2 Likes

Added Starfall Guide into my topic Challenge Events by CH :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or you Will have to clean Everything in 5 turns, which Should be doable on lower levels.

Anyone Already an Idea of the general strength of those heroes?
Worth summoning for?
I spare some coins but not sure yet.

Depends on how they are released from beta.

For legendary, currently imho some are potent, but no must haves. Theobald is interesting IF they consider beta’s feedback and release him on average speed. However, chances for that are low. He’s basically a Mitsuko but for green which would be great for Friggs. Useless though if he’s slow as he’s never ready in time. Rest are what I would call “situationally strong, not core on their own”. More like enrichments to rich rosters than ones I’d start building one with (maybe with exception of Zuri who is pretty much Vivica + Delilah type of healer that’s always good to have).

Epics from these event, as last seen in beta, are pretty strong and worth having. D’Andre is basically a yellow Ariel, Marcel is green Grimm/Grimm costume combined but with much stronger hit, Eichelborg is a 4 star fast sniper with a def debuff to single target.

4 Likes

Bobo, being a titan hero, if he’s released in the state he’s in from beta, may replace Athena on mono blue titan teams. The barbarian bleeding effect will stack with Miki and Jott. if going full attack route, his attack would cap out similar to Athena’s attack fully emblemed. And, Bobo has higher defense then Athena. Also, factoring in the 60% attack down, would also help the survivability of the team. Damage output from his special skill is a bit higher than Killhare. He’s worth summoning for those that don’t have Athena. I think people will experiment with him on titans to see if he’s Athena level.

2 Likes

A sensible move might be to hold off summoning until the usual suspects have done their big pulls, whizzed their new heroes up and posted some opinions and hopefully videos, bless them. I can’t imagine it’s not worth a dabble at least, though (even if most of the artworks are ugly as… as an ugly thing).

3 Likes

Have been saving up to do a 10pull on this event up until this morning when I accidentaly pressed skip trainings and used up almost 900 gems. That’s what you get from pressing on buttons in a rush… so so stupid :pleading_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Oh no :grimacing: That’s gotta hurt. It’s about on a par with eating my one and only yellow ninja troop which I did last month. I’d be surprised if most people hadn’t done something similar at least once, but that’s not much consolation.

3 Likes

So in order to compete top players will have to spend their money to summon first, power level, then play the event?

That’s shiesty.

2 Likes

Ouch, I can relate. I once put my phone in my pants without closing the game and my butt did a 10- troop pull, when I was saving gems for an Atlantis 10-pull. 1600 gems gone and all 3 star troops to boot, lol.

1 Like