[Master] -- đź‘» Soul Exchange

:pencil2: Purpose

Master discussion & information thread for the Soul Exchange feature, added to Empires and Puzzles in Version 45.

:memo: General Info

The Soul Exchange {SE} is a feature added to empires and puzzles as an attempt to partially solve the “duplicate hero” issue that most long-term players have.

The feature allows you to exchange some of your excess Legendary Heroes {5*} for one from a list of options.

The list of heroes is the same for everyone and is split into 3 tiers of “goodness” {or percieved goodness by SGG really}. Each tier costs more “souls” to exchange; 1 soul = 1 hero:

• Tier 1 = 10 souls
  • Tier 2 = 15 souls
  • Tier 3 = 20 souls

:ghost: How it works!

Pretty simple really; the Soul Exchange will appear as a “pop-up” on your Base screen, and remain there for 2 days.

1. Open the Soul Exchange by tapping the pop-up

2. Select the heroes you’re trading in.

• If you select too few, you will be unable to choose the desired hero… vice versa, if you choose too many for the desired hero, you’ll be prompted to return to “deselect” a couple of them.
  3. Select the hero you want from the list

4. Hit OK & confirm your choices.

And that’s it! You are now the owner of a level 1-1 copy of the selected hero!

:thinking: Heroes Available

Check comment immediately below. I have made these a “wiki” so they can be updated by people over time as the SE reappears.

:spiral_notepad: Some Things to Note

Slash answers to common questions.

• You can only make 1 (ONE) exchange per Soul Exchange… so choose wisely!

• Yes the list is identical for everyone

• Yes the Soul Exchange will return down the track {based on SGG’s communications}. It’s unconfirmed how often but they indicated “a few” times per year (so 3-4 times). SGG also indicated that the heroes available would change each appearance.

• All heroes recieved will be at 1-1, regardless of the level of heroes you put INTO the exchange.

• You will be prompted to confirm an additional time if you have selected a hero which is levelled (partially or fully).

• You need to have “unlocked” a hero before you can select it in the exchange… Favourited heroes will still be unselectable so no need to worry about accidentally picking your +20 LB’d Alfrike!
    This can be done from the “selection” screen in the Soul Exchange, so still be a little careful.

• You will NOT get the costume for a hero unless it specifically states you will get it in the Soul Exchange
    {Example in #1, it shows Costume Horghall so you get the costume and hero. Rana however does NOT show her costume so you don’t get it.}

:link: Related Threads:

Archived discussion:

38 Likes

:ghost: Soul Exchange Options!!

This comment is a “wiki” which means that people can edit it to update with future SE appearances. Please be careful not to break anything!! :stuck_out_tongue:

# Date 10 Souls 15 Souls 20 Souls
1 Feb 28th, 2022
0700 UTC
  • Sargasso
  • Rana
  • G. Chameleon
  • Reuben
  • Rumpelstiltskin
  • Thor
  • Jean-Francois
  • Alasie
  • Ursena
  • Horghall (+Costume)
  • Gravemaker
  • Skadi
  • Garjammal
  • Inari
  • Killhare
  • 2 May 30th, 2022
    0700 UTC
  • Kunchen
  • Norns
  • Elradir
  • Khagan (+Costume)
  • Perseus
  • Grimble
  • Devana
  • Lady of the Lake
  • Anzogh
  • Ariel
  • Lepiota
  • Sif
  • Mother North
  • Black Knight
  • Lord Loki
  • 3 Aug 22th, 2022
    0700 UTC
  • Khiona
  • Ranvir
  • Lady Locke
  • Natalya
  • Raffaelle
  • Senan
  • Aouda
  • Zeline
  • Captain Kestrel
  • Theobald
  • Onyx
  • Director Zuri
  • Quenell
  • Asterius
  • Morel
  • 4 November 17th, 2022
    0700 UTC
  • Malicna
  • Hanitra
  • Gregorion
  • Russell
  • Vela
  • Ludwig
  • Caitlin
  • Cristobal
  • Saoirse
  • Cobalt
  • Alfrike
  • Faline
  • Frigg
  • Emilio
  • Finley Costume
  • 5 February 17th, 2023
    0700 UTC
  • Arfanias
  • Guinevere
  • Grace
  • Tahir
  • Alexandrine
  • Dark Lord
  • Akkorog
  • The Hatter
  • Queen of Hearts
  • Alice
  • Quartz
  • Kara
  • Arco
  • Lewena
  • Milena
  • 6 June 1st, 2023
    0700 UTC
  • Marie-ThĂ©rèse
  • Musashi
  • Kingston
  • Ares
  • Misandra
  • Sartana C
  • Drake Fong
  • Alberich
  • Elizabeth
  • Master Lepus
  • Agrafena
  • Topaz
  • Guan Yu
  • Guardian Kong C
  • Gaillard
  • 7 September 8, 2023
    0700 UTC
  • Viscaro
  • Gilligan
  • Peridot
  • Kravekrush
  • Iris
  • Seshat C
  • Wolfgang
  • Congalach
  • Asterius
  • Glenda
  • Khonshu
  • Prof. Lidenbrock
  • Liu Bei
  • Hohenwerf
  • Quintin
  • 8 December 22, 2023
    0700 UTC
  • Costume Jabberwock
  • Mica
  • Eloira & Fluffy
  • Noor
  • Frosth
  • KemĂ©ny
  • Elorise
  • Winifred
  • Costumed Vanda
  • Costumed Athena
  • Diaochan
  • Costumed White Rabit
  • Phileas Fogg
  • Garnet
  • Tethys
  • 9 March 24th, 2024
    0700 UTC
  • Uthragan
  • Costumed Odin
  • Yang Mai
  • Costumed Snow White
  • Costumed Francine
  • Costumed Dr. Moreau
  • Dabria
  • Xiaotu
  • Cinnamon
  • Ekanite
  • Narcisa
  • Anne
  • Cupido
  • Bubbles
  • Athos
  • 10 June / July 2024
    0700 UTC
    TBD TBD TBD

Note, we will not know what is in each SE until they appear.

Poll about the options in Round 5:

More polls:

1. POLL: Soul Exchange #1 - Who did you take?
    2. POLL: Soul Exchange #2 - Who did you take?
    3. Soul exchange POLL [Aug 2022]
    4. Soul exchange - which one will you pick? (poll)
    5. POLL: Soul Exchange #5 - Who did you take?
    6. Soul Exchange #7 Poll (September 2023)
    7. Soul exchange March 2024 - what's your flava (poll)

Thx @jinbatsu for collecting them.

Visual list about the earlier options by @Zartanis:

Similar list by @LatiyFundiy)

47 Likes

339 posts were merged into an existing topic: Soul Exchange - Discussion Archive (2022 - 2023)

420 posts were merged into an existing topic: Soul Exchange - Discussion Archive (2022 - 2023)

Only you can answer to your question.

If you don’t really need those heroes, (as they’re dupes) you have a lack of space and you really wanted that hero, my answer would be no (I wouldn’t regret, I mean).

Take care. :wink:

4 Likes

Minus Ariel who i will level up soon. These are my i could get rid of heros. Mostly dupes.

1 Like

I will take Ariel and Glenda please ….
    But seriously it’s sad that all these redundant S1 heroes, even with costumes are being fed away.
    They really do need to rebalance S1, S2 and lots of HOTM heroes to make them more relevant in today’s game

1 Like

I think Delilah and Onatel are very worthy. If they’re dupes, you may have better options, though. Onatel is good for the mana control and Delilah goes really well with Gazelle, since Gazelle and Liden absolutely do not play nice together. (of course, you may not have Gazelle, but still…)

1 Like

Not sure about current meta, but Ona was previously solid and underrated by some. Especially in heavy yellow stacks; that elemental link healing over time was often just enough to grasp victory from the jaws of defeat. Liked running her with Guin for the double control.
    She was fun to have on early rush attack RT defenses.

2 Likes

Onatel still does really well in offence in a war team.
    I have her x 2

4 Likes

I have 2 Delilah onatel is my only bit not high up on my list to exchange i have 18 dupes qnd will probably exchange horghall another s1 i dont have dupe off to hit 20 if needed.

Just got my 15th hero from tc20 all the stuff I had saved to pull did not meet the odds unfortunately was hoping for 20… But oh well at leats I got the 15th today.

1 Like

Any information on when the next iteration of the soul exchange? I have way too many useless dupes and im running out of space

You and everyone else. They haven’t released any news about the next exchange. Not too sure as to why, but they are still holding that secret really tight.

SG puts out a calendar under the News and Updates section and there are also several player-made calendars under the Player Guides category.

It’s next week, but they haven’t said anything about what heroes will be available.

1 Like

I dont see it on the E&P calendar of events…where is it listed?

1 Like

Well whenever it us cant be too soon… i need to offload tons of useless 5 stars…

1 Like

May 30th (20 characters)

2 Likes