🔪 [MASTER] Slayers of Fell Shadows Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

The Slayers of Fell Shadows Challenge Event!

NOTE: This thread is a MASTER thread & no longer is published specific to a given event appearing.

Start Time End Time Duration
Thursday at 07:00 UTC Monday at 07:00 UTC 4.0 days

Check out calendar and digital_calendar for dates on when the monthly challenge event is appearing.

Reflected Color
:snowflake: Ice / Blue

Click a dialogue to enlarge.

Click for end dialogue.

:world_map: @cap’s and Lolosnow’s Original Stage Guide

Rewards Summary

Credit: @Cap
Source: 🌟 Memento Challenge Events - #293 by cap

Click for Rewards Summary by Cap

NOTE: Completion Rewards will be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended, as long as it’s started before the event ends.

:world_map: Alternative Guides

Not all alternative guides available yet

Transcript Guide to “Copy Paste” into In-Game Chat

Credit: @FighterJack
Not yet available. Will be added when available.

Guide by @Zartanis

Credit: @Zartanis
Source: {Master - Zartanis' Guides} Building, Crafting, Event, Talent Grid Guides, etc

Click for Quick Guide

Click for Full Guide (Inc. Boss/ Mob HP's)

Guide by @ratabboypda

Credit: @ratabboypda
Source: 🔪 [MASTER] Slayers of Fell Shadows Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results - #67 by ratabboypda

Click for Guide

Slayers Hero Use Bonus

This feature is NEW… or rather different; same as in League of Villains and Starfall Circus

The use of Slayers Heroes in a given stage of the Slayers of Fell Shadows Challenge Event will give a bonus to those heroes.

Specifically:

• Heroes of the Slayers family bypass the Elemental Barriers in this Challenge Event’s stages
  • Heroes of the Slayers family have increased attack, defense, and health (+20%) in this Challenge Event’s stages

Slayers Special Gameplay

This feature is NEW and UNIQUE to the Slayers of Fell Shadows.

• In the Slayers of Fell Shadows event your actions can enrage the enemies! The Rage of the enemies grows every time you use a Special skill or a Battle Item,
  • Enemies deal increased damage based on the amount of the Rage they have: The more Rage they have, the more damage they deal!
  • While enemies have Max Rage
    • all enemies receive 50% less damage
    • your Battle Items deal 50% less damage
    • all status ailments of the enemies are cleansed at the beginning of their turn
  • The Rage will be reduced if you don’t us any Special Skills or Battle Items during your turn.

This is not mentioned in the description, but here are my notes about these:

• The damage is increasing with 15% each time when you use a Battle item or Special skill,and it is also decreasing with 15% if you do not use them in a turn.
  • The “peak (maximum) of the Rage” is 75%

:gem: Summons Costs

Like all other Event Summon Portals, the Portal Cost is per below:

Single Summon

• 10 Challenge Coins
    OR
  • 300 Gems

10x Summon

• 2600 Gems

:game_die: Summoning Appearance Rates

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 53.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 19.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Trainer Hero: 10.0%
Epic Trainer Hero: 1.0%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Note: The addition of Trainer Heroes to the Portal Odds has come at the expense of Season 1 Odds. NO CHANGE has been made to the Challenge Event Hero Odds.
Share your thoughts on this addition here: Trainer Heroes in Event Portals -- Thoughts and Discussions

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x). Based on 10,000 gems costing 99.99 USD, I have also added an approximate $ cost too.

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

|Occurence|1x
US$3.00|10x
US$26.00|30x
US$77.99|100x
US$259.97|500x
US$1,299.87|1500x
US$3,899.61|
|-|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:expressionless:
| Get at Least 1 Slayers Hero (3*-5*) | 14.6% | 79.4% | 99.1% | 100% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 5* Slayers Hero | 1.0% | 9.6% | 26.0% | 63.4% | 99.3% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 5* Slayers Hero | 0.17% | 1.7% | 4.9% | 15.4% | 56.6% | 91.8% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 4* Slayers Hero | 5.7% | 44.4% | 82.8% | 99.7% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 4* Slayers Hero | 1.9% | 17.5% | 43.8% | 85.3% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 3* Slayers Hero | 7.9% | 56.1% | 91.5% | 99.9% | 100% | 100% |

Putting That In Perspective

• If 1 million players each spent US$26.00 to do 10 Summons, 206,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Slayers Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$259.97 to do 100 Summons, 366,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Slayers 5* Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$1,299.87 to do 500 Summons, 434,300 of those players would NOT get a particular Slayers 5* Hero

Summary Graphic of Portal Odds

See below amazing summary graphic by @Dorkus showing what odds you can really expect from the various summons portals in the game:

:link: Related Threads

Related Info:

Hero Threads:

21 Likes

Good explanation of changes in strategy

10 Likes

Thx for quoting it from the Beta topic @Ruskin505

1 Like

@Zartanis has his guide ready to go also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thx for the notice. I have now included it in the OP.

1 Like

Ok, I’m sure there are people who have some beta style knowledge about this. Any tips?

1 Like

Good questions… Im loooking forward to it

2 Likes

What about the artwork?
It is an insult to my eyes.
And it’s an insult to any previous hero.
Never seen anything more ugly, without proportions, annoying…
:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

11 Likes

Agree. Looks cheap and rushed.

8 Likes

So is the event titled “Slayers of Fell Shadows” or “Slayers of the Fell Shadows”? I see both titles in this post. Thanks.

@djp1997 thx for noticing it. The “the” is not needed. I have fixed the OP and the title.

Kinda looks like SGG took an inspiration in WoW in-game models. At least that’s what it looks like. Also Fel(l) and all.

Not all look bad though. There is a 4* that looks like Super-Saiyan Goku and he’s honestly cool. Or that woman on top with a cross. On the other hand that green archer’s face is kinda unnerving.

1 Like

I just noticed Senan’s special is “Curse of the Specter” yet the fiend is referred to twice as Spectre. Any ideas about consistency here? Thanks!

2 Likes

It sure looks like there were several different artists contributing to these heroes. You have several that look “cartoonish” like Aodhan, Noril, Maeve and Senan and then a batch with very rough features like Cathal, Cillian, Orla and Senan then Rian and (especially) Caitlin that look like heads were just plopped onto already existing bodies and look downright weird. The group lacks consistency in the artwork to make them look cohesive together. This looks to be based on some Irish folklore and could have used a master editor to make them look more seamless.

8 Likes

Funny you mention this, I was thinking the same thing about the magic tower beta heros. Some heros looks crisp and detailed and other have a more animated cartoon style.

1 Like

Agreed! I definitely like these artworks more than the circus heroes, for instance? I wonder is it a case of different artists?

2 Likes

Love the 10 stage challenge events! Finished Rare and did a little Epic so far!

20 pulls that were RNGeezus blessed: Saoirse, Caitlin, Orla and Aodhan :star_struck: I was shocked when one 10-pull produced 2 event 5* heroes!

10 Likes

I got the 5* I wanted the most! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

10 Likes

A great 10-pull, given the odds, but no main prize this time:

Have no idea what to think about these, didn’t even look at beta threads. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’m hoping for one new hero from very limited summons.

First pull (dupe).

I’m not expecting much at all. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes