Master - Skadi Not Giving Stacks

Check Skadis stack. I didnt see it happening during her use in Tavern. Also show it in her stats as you’re battling.

Hi, please have a read of this thread for an explanation of how Skadi’s stack works.

Tldr is that for the stack count to increase, Skadi must kill the enemies/minions in that wave with her special skill. It doesn’t count enemies/ minions killed in previous waves (map farming) nor does it count enemies / minions killed by tiles or other hero special skills.

1 Like

SKADI special is not working on enemies

Can you elaborate on some key details or provide screenshots ?

Which of her effects did not “work”?

What did the defense look like as well as your team.

Were there any buffs or protection applied to the defense when Skadi fire?

Anything else you can provide will really help if you seek answers…

2 Likes

I dont currently have screenshots. But Skadi’s special doesnt work as intended. The all enemies strike works. I’m not sure about the 50% added damage per enemy killed.

The stacks are the main issue with her special. It doesn’t work in any situation thus far. I’ve tried it in raids, wars, and in PvE. It doesn’t count the dead enemies as stacks. So her special is very weak without the added bonus of the stacks. I will try to get screen shots.

The stacks are only applied when she kills a hero or a minion with her special. The best use of Skadi is against minion users. Her special is quite powerful (at 4.80), so her hit can usually take out one set of minion. So, suppose she kills 5 minions, all enemies will receive 150 (5 x 30) frost damage per turn and will have -30% (-6 x 5) mana debuff for the rest of the game.

3 Likes

Ah, yeah I just tried it on the event. It worked as intended. I didnt know the stacks were attached to her kills only. What about between rounds are the stacks supposed to carry over? In PvE. Currently they do not I noticed.

The stacks are applied on the enemies themselves. Think of it like status effects (blind, poison, burn, etc). Once the enemies are dead the effects are gone. So, it does not carry over to the next round.

Earlier, I was using Skadi on my attack team for the Tavern of Legends event and I set her off at least 4 times against the bosses. Her stacks didn’t show up on the enemies visually, but also the DoT didn’t appear to tick down. Anyone else experience this?

Skadi’s stack only applies and counts enemies / minions she physically Kills with her special skill.

Note it also does not count previous “waves” of monster/ mobs.

2 Likes

The card doesn’t specify that the stacks are only applied if SHE kills an enemy. It simply says the stacks are applied and increased per dead enemy. Obviously previous waves wouldn’t apply as they don’t apply for any other status ailments from other heroes.

It may not specify it but that’s the way it works.

Can read more discussion about it here: 📯 Skadi – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

There’s a fair bit of discussion/ discovery early on in that thread.

2 Likes

Have a better look at the description. She needs to kill the enemy or enemy minions in order for her stack to be applied.

Cool, thanks. I guess it just didn’t come across that way reading it originally. Glad I haven’t given her any scopes yet.

She is very powerful as she is. Under the right circunstances her special can singlehandedly win a raid

Have screen recording skadi special only dies damage?

Read her special again. :slight_smile: She only applies the ailments / stack when she either kills a hero or a minion. She didn’t do either in your video, hence she’s working as intended.

1 Like

Thank you for that answer. That’s kind of lame.

I faced her the other day and the ailment stayed running, stacked at 1, long after she was dead,. Didn’t cleanse either. Is that as intended, or was it a bug?

Yes, that is the way its supposed to work. I forgot about that. Kind of makes up for the fact that a herohas to die to make full damage