[MASTER] Remove/ Get Rid of Season 1 (S1 / Vanilla) heroes from {X} summons portal

Even im f2p and i pledged not to pull with gems :slight_smile: i support the following:

1. Remove Classic heroes from Event, Seasonal, Atlantis and Valhalla portals
  2. Replace them with Troops 1-2-3* Trainers 1-2-3-4-5*
    Even 1* trainer is worth more than feeding 4* classic hero which is most likely to be fed.

Maybe make it unlockable after certain level or toggable.

Research it in training camps levels 14-19 seems good option for giving you benefit to obtain troops and trainer heroes from those portals .

1 Like

Please remove Season 1 heros from Season 2, Season 3 or event summons. Only for seasonal summons like easter or christmas it is fine for me. Overall the chances of getting a 5 star hero are not good and maybe a little too low. But I can still live with that. But on late game its very disappointing if you want to summon new heros from a new season or event and you got the third copy of a classic 5 star hero.
After a certain time “older” heros (f.e. season 2, maybe old hotm >2 years to) should be transformed to a classic hero wich means it could be appear in training camp 20 or in normal elemental summons. This should be a fair way to handle this.

If you take trading card games like magic or yugioh, then you get new cards if you buy new boosters, and not the old cards. If you take online card games like heartstone or eternal it’s the same. If there is a new “season” and you buy something of the new season then you get something new.

The second big issue is, that you cannot do something usefull with the duplicates. To feed other heros with this it is very expensive because of the odds. There is no possibility to trade or transfer the hero in something usefull. My expetation on the hero academy is very low if I see the alchemy labor. But this possibility has to be there, otherwise the long term motivation drops extremly.

I’m willing to invest and I do so but the current situation isn’t “fair” and my personal motivation to invest drops from day to day.

1 Like

When it’s a special event (Atlantis, Valhalla, Masks or any holiday event) you should only get those specific types of hero’s. If it’s a fire, nature, ice or dark summons those are the hero’s you get specific to the color of the summons. I’m tired of collecting coins and Chrystals to use for special hero’s and getting generic ones not related to the event. I feel as if I’m being ripped off by the game when it happens and I have stopped playing a few times because of this issue. I return because the game is fun to play otherwise. The story lines, colors, graphics and audio are great it’s just the summons issue that pushes me away every time!

That would have been great , the chances are very low for getting a 5* already and keep getting season 1 heros from Atlantis , Valhalla or Events is out of logic , since its a a new season and a new portal that open once per month why we should keep getting the season 1 heros there too ? We already have camps the feed us season 1 heros and to be honest the season 1 heros only few ones are balanced for nowday game.I really like this idea .

I am not the guy to spend money, but work hard on getting things. Over the few month i was saving a thousand gems and couple hundred coins to put in Atlantis to get good creatures, But instead i got Beleth, Gunnar, and other simple heros from season 1. Even the chance to get season 1 3* heros are so low!!!. I would recommend to simply erase season 1 3* heros from rare quest, seasonal summon, and special summon (like Atlantis and Valhalla).

Over 100 atlantis pulls and again only a classic joon and the hotm. Thats so disappointing - the odds are not good overall, but to get the again a s1 hero After This is Not fair and stops me to spend any money in the Future…

in the current grimforest event I’ve done 8 summons. Seven have given a season 1 3*. This is a rip off.

I had double Azar after grinding out 20 coins so I feel your pain

I don’t understand SG and their fascination with season 1 heroes? Why do people want seadon 1 heroes anymore? They are so outdated and outclassed in every way its ridiculous! IF you want season 1 heroes do costume pulls its time to start putting season 2 heroes in rotation of summons portal over season 1 or greatly reduce the amount of season 1

I wouldn’t mind if Season 1 heroes were included in portals if the costumes came as well. I think they should get rid of the costume portal and just roll out costumes wherever you can get season 1 heroes. The goal was to have ‘free’ heroes compete with paid heroes, wasn’t it? So, why put the upgrade to free heroes behind a paywall?

Note: this is coming from a pretty heavy spender who has heroes like Vela, GM, Telluria, Seshat, Drake, Hel, etc… I want to see free players have some good stuff, too.

3 Likes

Season 1 heroes are the consolation prize. you aim for the rare HOTM or Event heroes, draw like crazy (some do) and receive… season 1 heroes.

I just watched somebody who pulled Tavern of Legends for 47 heroes, none was 5*, all Season 1 3 and 4*. If this is the money recipe, and it works, why change it?

I would ask you developers to consider this PLEASE:

If a summons is done using a special currency, such as Atlantis coins, Challenge Tokens, Legendary Tavern coin, etc., is it too much to ask that the summons results in a hero that is specific to that currency? I am REALLY getting tired of getting generic, S1, 3* heroes when I use these items to summon. As an example, I just summoned with Legendary Tavern coins and got a 3* S1 hero. It’s a LEGENDARY Tavern, if you get my drift. It’s not like these currencies are common; they only trickle in as rewards, have to be earned in Atlantis/Valhalla, or purchased. I’m not asking for this to be extended to gems-based summons.

I appreciate that this is a money making endeavor for the developers, but

1. it would not kill you to “throw us a bone”
  2. it would result in more money for you (I don’t buy these things BECAUSE the chance of getting a hero worth something is really poor; I’m sure others don’t either)
  3. it would result in less “rage-quit” players (I’ve come close!)
  4. it would not really hurt your income

Thanks for hearing me rant. I’m going to go feed my new Friar Tuck to Caedmon now.

4 Likes

I am very sure when we move on to the next season or if/when there are new challenges/events etc to be come… We will still see Season 1 heros in those summons.

Would it kill Small Giant to increase the odds of a 5star hero? How horrible would it be for them to give people a 5% chance at a 5*.
So sick app developer greed. I know this will only Fall on deaf ears at Small Giant. Just need to vent.

I like there idea of replacing S1 here with trainers and troops(3&4) in events/challenges, Atlantis and Val. We are doing all these event for the new hero’s at least SG could do is if they don’t want remove S1 from all of them ,they could give us a 50% chance of NOT getting S1.

1 Like

Upvoted this.

Game balance is broken for sure on these summons.

seriously im really pissed off to see S1 heroes in every portals, cant you just give us 1 portal with 0% chance for s1 Heroes ?

legend portal should be for example at least s2 heroes ( or make it for atlantis portal only s2 heroes)
wereally need to get rid of this s1 heroes somewhere

5 Likes

For a lot of the early portals, I semi-get it from a story/lore perspective:

• Season 2, the heroes from Season 1 travel to the Archipelago.
  • Season 3 (I still hate that they’re there), the heroes, following Vivica, find themselves transported to the Nine Realms via a Portal to Valhalla.
  • Elemental Summons I’m glad actually separates the heroes by element, but it would be great if they updated it with Season 2 heroes by element. (Mitsuko/Sumitomo/Wilbur under Fire Summons, for example)
  • Seasonal and Challenge Events… meh.
  • Tavern of Legends, I know I’ve said it repeatedly somewhere. From the name alone, it feels very false advertising to call it that and then… include non-Legendary heroes. Or maybe replace the Season 1 heroes for Season 2 heroes so I can be mad I got Melia or Muggy, not Gunnar or Renfeld.

If there’s another portal idea in the future (excluding anything that could relate to a “Season IV”), I’m going to say it now. Keep it. Scrap it for parts. And maybe make it a part of Epic Hero Summons instead.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing gatcha games for about 4-5 years, and most of the games I’ve played all have individual banners for heroes. I get it there’s HOTM but the pool is still mixed with ancient 5* heroes which no one wants anymore. It’s really upsetting seeing like Richard Justice blah blah pop up. Not to mention, they even added to all the new banners S3 …Tavern…how greedy has SG gotten? No wonder every one is calling quit!!

3 Likes

May I point out that 3* S1 heros cost 150 gems in the daily summon at a lower drop rate and 300 in the epic hero summon at a higher drop rate.

Why would we want to pay 350 gems for 3* S1 heros in the Atlantis summon? We don’t.

Most people would continue to summon if only to get that one 5* hero they don’t have. So SG would make the same, or even more $$$, because people would push harder chasing the more desirable heros spending many more $$$. Netting SG greater income.

3 Likes