[Master] Raid Tourney & Wars - When Will Wars Restart Again? (Developer Update Post #102: RESUMING with Mid-Week War!)

No war is ridiculous. I personally don’t care for the raid tourney, but appreciate those of whom do.
The loot for the dodgy raid tourney is not worthy of the effort it would take to be highly competitive, yet they cancel war… 3 times, meaning thousands of members in thousands of alliances are missing out on 1. FUN! 2. Loot.
Because of a buggy raid tourney with poor loot?
It’s disappointing to say the least.
And certainly not what I have invested my time and money for.

Obviously war is not going to happen this weekend, as matchmaking would be in progress or matched already. What now? Twiddle my thumbs while farming? Oh… I know devs want us pulling Guardian summons, so we can farm with them… yay!

1 Like

The raid tourneys had the potential to be a ton of fun. There was a time I was looking forward to them. Not so much anymore.

Moderator’s Note

I’m reaching out to SGG Staff to see if we can get a clear update on the plan for the weekend War.

3 Likes

Thank you @zephyr1. At least the mods give a :hankey: about SGs customers.

As SG forgot to reactivate the check mark the whole game will be in spectator mode watching the fight of the alliances “Smallgiant Games” vs. “Unknown Error”. Now everyone can guess what the loot will be for the one or the other alliance being the winner.

You’re welcome!

Is it weird that that makes me want chocolate frozen yogurt?

2 Likes

“We are still investigating this issue. We will announce here when we know more about this.”

So, basically “until further notice” :pensive:

oh boy… There’s an issue I’d love to deal with… Lmfao…

That was good.

1 Like

It’s after 10:30 pm there. They started their weekend hours ago with no communication. That’s pretty poor on their part. Just leave us hanging. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Are we surprised?? Really really getting sick and tired of this.

You keep saying variations on this. Could you please actually point to a statement that would qualify as a lie?

This is the statement on the subject I’m aware of:

1. Why is the game designed to make it so difficult to get ascension mats? What would make you think that the drop rate was too low or too high?

We had this question last year. [Petri: we have it every day!]

Big thing is to make sure that the game doesn’t end too quickly. This is a pretty heavy-handed way of making sure the game doesn’t end too quickly, so we’ll continue adding new way to get materials, but adding more mats into the game without breaking the essential experience for new players. But the pace is a bit slower than we’d like. Doing well in the new Raid Tournaments [formerly called weekly raid challenges] is one of the new avenues for new mats.

We haven’t made anything worse, but if you have a dry spell, I know how that feels. The odds are very very low for some items, so it’s not surprising that you see dry spells. Working on new features that have more way to get rare mats. The newest way are the Raid Tournaments, which hopefully goes full live in about a month. The third build just went to beta yesterday, and we hope that’s the last test build.

SG has explicitly said they will raise rewards again on the raid tournament once the kinks are worked out.

So…where is this lie you keep talking about?

3 Likes

Considering weekend war is normally matched about 90 minutes ago, I think it is a safe assumption that it is cancelled again. Funny how I read in another thread about SG apologizing for a lack of communication and stating that want to do better and sure enough…NO COMMUNICATION YET AGAIN.

2 Likes

Did you not notice the word SEEMS in caps above.

It SEEMS like they have lied as they have done zero of the things they said they would in the propaganda sessions. Or is this just another case of confirmation bias?
Or gee I don’t know, have you never had someone tell you what you want to hear, just to shut you up?

They said more communication. Reality still little to none.

This is MY biggest issue.

Next biggest is having wars that were actually somewhat working, NOW, apparently 3 down the tube so that we can test something that probably should have stayed in testing phase for a few months longer at the expense of war loot and war chests.

That is why I FEEL lied to, and I do not gave to justify my FEELINGS of being lied to to anyone.

Hopefully someone from actual staff will deal with our concerns and quit hiding behind their volunteers.

1 Like

To be fair I imagine there is a lot going on behind the scenes… Event… Raid tournament.

But I too read the thread where they were going to improve on communication. Really disappointed on that front.

However, I’m grateful we have this forum (thanks @zephyr1 @Kerridoc) where communication (rants, whinges, moans are all welcome if they don’t break the rules) is NEVER an issue :smile:

1 Like

It SEEMS like they literally have increased the availability of materials, but not as much as you’re hoping for. Because there literally are more materials available now than before the tournament went live.

So, again, in what way does is SEEM like they lied?

1 Like

Where are these materials? Please answer me this…
2 cancelled wars for sure… No loot
1 problable cancelled war… No loot
Waiting to fill war chest last few wars… Oh wait can’t fill it because no wars
First raid tourney… NO LOOT due to bugs… Very annoyed
Loot nerferd on forced mass beta testing of this tourney… Less loot.

Please explain where more you are finding more loot, because I have seen zilch.

1 Like

Oh, the loot you will have to spend more to get anything meaningful?
What you mean is… we can’t use the heroes we have spent money in war because they cancel it, and it’s a 3* tourney. So we can win reduced loot in a tourney that doesn’t work well, and in some cases such as my own… I have no 3*’s, so I have no source of loot from raid tourney or war.
Ironic I ate my 3*’s to bump my benches for war… as that had a source of loot (war chest).
To me that’s not more loot. It’s significantly less. And less enjoyment.

2 Likes

Google translation added by @zephyr1

I think you have to change the game xd :slight_smile:

Original (Polish)

chyba trzeba zmienić gre xd :slight_smile:

Bless you! (Well, at least it sounds like a cold)

Count up all the loot that went out with the first raid tourney (however poorly it may have been distributed). There’s a ton of new material that flowed into the game.

But furthermore, you’re playing semantic games here. Having to cancel a war to deal with a bug is VERY different than intentionally canceling a war to reduce loot. Characterizing that as evidence of a lie seems very disingenuous to me. Unless you’re now arguing that there’s some nefarious plot afoot to cancel wars forever?

It’s entirely possible to be very dissatisfied with the situation, and to complain very strongly about it, without throwing around inflammatory accusations.

2 Likes