[Master] Ninja tower complaints (Game play)

I have always disliked the ninja tower because as you said too many curses which require tornadoes which I don’t have mats for and really aren’t worth using. The new tower sucks even more. I’m an experienced player with more than enough heroes but all the heroes in the world won’t help a bad board.

5 Likes

To finish the tower you need to slowly upgrade your units so they aren’t covered in curses. It requires a deep library, or deep stack of items. The only people who will complain about it are the people who don’t have either, which means it’s not designed for you to finish it. That’s all there is to it…can’t complain about not completing end game content when you aren’t at end game.

2 Likes

If you don’t do it for enjoyment - do it like me and go as far as you can for the emblems…
Ranting about something others can do better because they have more emblemmed heroes but not going further to earn yourself some more blems doesn’t seem correct to me :wink:

2 Likes

Totally disagree that people should be on any sort of even footing. Those who invest in the game via time money or both should have the advantage of that investment

9 Likes

My roster is very limited in comparison and I didn’t use a ton of tornadoes so far, however bad board has nothing to do with bad plays. A bad board can be worked to a good one in the Ninja Tower simply because the mobs will let you live for long enough, especially if you brought along the correct items and blessings alongside to help. I am at Impossible floor 4 currently, that’s 29 out of 29 successful flags, no flasks, my teams are 4* only plus an occasional 3*, so I strongly disagree that “a bad board is a bad board”. That can be the case when you are in raids without items or blessings to have access to, and even in raids a bad board can be worked around to a good or at least a decent one most of the time.

1 Like

I’ve repeated this line several times this week.
I’ve made it through statge twenty with only a couple of arrows and my heroes. If you can’t make it further with the same strategy it could be because of:
1 Bad luck
2 Heroes
3 Skill

If you lose because of bad luck that sucks, but RNG is a big part of this game. We’ve now had 30 flags, so if you can’t make it past 11, see 2 and 3.
If you don’t have heroes, then this is just a harder piece of content that will become easier over time.
If you don’t have the skill to beat it then that’s different.

Every thing in this game pretty much requires time for loot. If you don’t want to spend the time, then there is plenty of other content for you to enjoy. If you don’t like the rewards, then it’s probably the same bad rewards that every aspect of this game has.

2 Likes

Not ranting. Just stating fact. There is no loot worth worth the time in Ninja Tower. I am an experienced player and average 280 to 310 pts per War against 4600 to 4700 point defenses. I have more 5 start heroes than I will ever think of leveling even if I play this game for 5 more years. Only have about 15 max 5 stars after 2 years of solid two to three times per day play time. Only loot worth the time are 4 star Ascension items which SG has made it nearly impossible to obtain.

For the heck of it tried Level 12 and had 4 oni courses on my heroes and then fled the battle as just trying to match tiles to clear oni curses does not require skill it requires pure luck or a lot of Tornados.

Yes I know about the build Heros up after time and actually completed all 50 Levels of the Ninja Tower last time for literally no Loot worth mentioning. Game would be fun if there was an actual path of Events that led to 4 star Ascension items. The Rare Quests are not frequent enough to Level up/max out 5 star heroes.

So if you are listening/reading the Forum SG, please structure Events that have Loot that matched the time, skill and effort put into it. Only Loot that I need is 4 star Ascension Items which are Rarer then Unicorns.

Will end up in top 2,000 in Weekly Tournament this week. Skilled enough?

Structure Events/Challenges and Loot so that all have a chance to win good Loot and not just the Whales that probably have 100 plus Tornados going into this Event.

So, again I am not Ranting. Without Tornados I have received over 10 oni curses that I could not clear with tiles matches and have lost several key heroes for this event by Level 11. Yes, I tried to match tiles in the middle so oni curses don’t pop on the wings also. Need Tornados and Scrolls of Alteration for this Event and the amount I would spend on them far exceeds the Loot I would gain from them.

How about this for an idea. Create a Battle Item that kills oni curse tiles on the Board. That way when you use it you know the oni curse is gone. It is really frustrating to use two or three Tornados to try and eliminate on oni curse. Way to much luck involved in the Ninja Tower for me. NO SKILL is required for this Event, just a lot of Tornados and Time Stops to keep your Heroes from disappearing.

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean by Bad Board for Ninjas. I could keep my Heroes alive but I am not sure how you can clear oni curses. They appear at random place in a rancom color so no way to plan for them. So I would say luck is just as much involved in clearing oni curses. I agree that blessings and item will keep Heroes alive and have no problem killing the Ninjas. Problem is no skilled way to plan for a random tile that appears in a random color in a random place. So just like my second attempt this morning tried level 12 and had four un-clearable onli curses. All Heroes were still alive and at full Health and I could have easily killed the Boss Ninjas, but to what end? I don’t see any guaranteed Ascension Items in the Loot. Will get Emblems over time regardless of Events. If I cannot level up / max out my 5 star Heroes there is no real need for Emblems. Had four curses in one Level.

All I am basically saying is that the reward for the time spent in this Event is not worth the Loot and that there is more luck involved in clearing oni curses than skill. I agree there is no real bad Board in War. I know how many and what color tiles I need to match to activate by Heroes. It doesn’t matter where they show up on the Board. Clearing oni curses is far too random…

I find this statement to be revealing. If you think there is no skill you’re missing the skill unique to ninja tower that is different from skills that make you good in other parts of the game.

Of course luck factors in.

One suggestion is to focus your moves on the middle of the board so curses appear there where it’s easier to manipulate the board than the far columns.

Others suggest using mana, axes, etc battle items to move as quickly as possible so you get cursed less.

I find time stops to be an ineffective strategy for ninja tower given the speed of enemy mana generation.

3 Likes

Hi Ruskin… Yep, thanks for the tip, but I know about making matches in the middle and have no problem keeping my Heroes alive or killing off enemy Ninjas. But the Board really hated me this morning by throwing 4 non-clearable oni stones at me.

I just can’t believe how fast the oni stones are appearing at this low a level. Playing with mono team allows for easy killing of Ninjas but sometimes takes a long time to get the color you need on the Board and during this long time you are trying to clear oni curses which is not conducive to matching your Team color to kill the Ninja Heroes? So, are rainbow teams better for clearing the Ninja Heroes? I don’t think you would be able to kill them very easily with a rainbow Team?

2 Likes

I’m a kind of mid-tier high-level player (level 79, a couple of fine heroes, a lot of adequate heroes). Finishing level 25 cost me 4-5 tornadoes (actually used hurricanes because they were left over from Mystic Titan). I used 3* heroes up to level 6 or so, then 4*, then 5*. I think only one hero is completely cursed out.

So I do think there is a lot that you can do to improve your standing on this event without having to spend a fortune.

Personally I did 3-2 teams until the last few levels, when Onatel always came along (except when I forgot her that one time, and still annihilated the bosses – that +50% defense stack added to +50% attack stack added to 30% reduced damage adds up fast.) On the other hand, I’m not going to sweat it if I don’t get far on the impossible levels. With DD and mana control already regulated on the first level, I fear what will happen.

mpolo … Thanks for the reply. Yep no problem killing Ninjas, problem I am having is keeping Heroes from getting cursed. Is there a solution for that?

I basically feel like I am making all of my moves to clear the oni stones which does little to nothing to activate my Heroes or kill the Ninja Heroes…

1 Like

I only do mono above the early levels of ninja tower. Only way for me to clear boss wave.

Then again I don’t really care with this format so I’m not longer going for rank in ninja tower.

I have also found levels get easier as you get more blessings.

1 Like

Ruskin… Thanks, is there any tips for clearing oni stones outside of making matches in the middle??? Or is it more Luck than Skill???

1 Like

From time to time, you do get a curse or two that is simply impossible to clear. Certainly happened to me before. Even used tornadoes to reshuffle the board but simply could not get any match.

So I think that most of the times you could clear curses with skills and careful examination of the board. But occasionally, it is all about luck.

Thanks lights. Then the Board was really out to get me both yester day and today. Think I have over six Heroes out on Double curses yesterday in first 10 Levels. Played on Level 12 for over 5 minutes and had four non-clearable oni stones turn into curses on four Heroes. Middle matches would cascade, then oni stone would pop in corner or oni stone would appear in the middle with no mating color tiles on the Board. So goes life and the Random Luck of the Tiles.

Not able to use Tornados at this time as I only have a few now and am saving them for Titan Hits.

The other things I consider include

1 gems. Saving gems for when you need to clear a curse. I don’t do this as much as needed.
2 matching for combos. Based on your raid tournament you probably already know how to clear massive boards.
3 wait as long as possible to clear. Makes it longer until another curse appears.
4 don’t care. For early levels I use low level heroes so I don’t care if they get cursed. I didn’t use any of my good five stars or four stars until stage 15 or so. Even now I barely care because I’m only going for stage 25.

I consistently placed in top 500 of old ninja tower without using hunters lodge items or flask while using a bunch of four stars. Rarely did curses change my progression. I think the luck factor is overrated here.

Ruskin… Thanks and I do most of those things. Seems the Boards really don’t like me this time. A lot of times I waited to clear the oni stone only to have a goofy cascade mess up the Board/match and result in a non-cleared curse. In the end this Event just feels like a test of patients, a grind, and Luck to clear oni stones off the Board. My five best teams are still composed of two to three 4* Heroes and with two of three 5* Heroes of each color at this time. I don’t have too many extra Heroes to throw at the Tower. I found 3* Heroes almost useless at Level 5 already and did not care about curses prior to that. I think I lost 4 to 5 key 4* Heroes from Level 6 to 10 and that about does it for me as I have no real Heroes to fall back on. Can’t level any 5s as no 4 Ascension mats available. So, I’ll stick to the Weekly Tournament which is structured well with a stronger element of Skill and a better feeling of accomplishment each week.

1 Like

If op feels „mobbed“ is very questionable. For your information I did not spent a single cent on this game so far, netherless did I complete the last 3 Ninja Towers and could have completed MT easily, stopped at Lvl74 to test participation.
Dont let your prejudices misleading you. Even F2p can can be competitive and looking for challenges.