[Master] Improve Auto Farming / Easy farming – allow automatic repetition of a stage on auto play until out of WE/flags or for a set number of runs

I get that we can’t disrupt the economy for loot tickets, but let’s be honest, who here is using loot tickets on S1:8-7? So let’s come up with a simple compromise:

The devs set a minimum team power level per province and difficulty. If my selected team’s power is above that threshold, Auto Loot does not require a loot ticket.

That’s it. No new button. No chaining auto play. Standard auto loot behavior with a simple math check to determine whether or not you are charged loot tickets.

I can think of two objections, one from the players, and one from the devs.

Players: the team power threshold is too high for this province.

Hopefully the devs pick reasonable, but high numbers. The threshold for some provinces probably should be impossible to reach. Too bad. Use loot tickets there.

Devs: it’s faster to fill monster chests, so less gems are spent skipping chest cooldowns.

Increase the wait time on monster chests by half an hour. I’ll still spend the gems to get two chests a day.

I think that this is a revenue-neutral change that shouldn’t be complex to implement, and yet it will greatly improve the in-game experience for many, if not most players.

Looks like a fair idea :slight_smile:

Also at least a minor improvement might be the feature like in Dragon Strike (yes, another recent EP clone) where the autoplay is automatically started upon Replay and when autoplay was active at the end of the previous play.

1 Like

I know that we have the Loot Tickets that you can automatically complete the stage and get the loot, but it’s too much to ask for a “Repeat button” that you can click and the game goes on auto in the selected stage until you ran out of energy without any other costs involved?!
It’s just exhaustive that you need to press repeat and auto a hundred times to farm Atlantis stages or the new event stages to get some coins.
Does SG needs to create problems to sell facilities on everthing in the game?
With a repeat button we would still be playing the game, wasting WE and our time in it, but not checking every single minute to play a stage again and again. And for those that don’t have that time, then you can use the Loot Ticket.
What you guys think?

2 Likes

My guess would be that a repeat/auto button as you have described would counter the point of them selling loot tickets…

I think the chore of having to farm (even on auto) is designed to have players spend money/ gems on buying Loot Tickets to avoid it…

Just my thoughts

5 Likes

Just having an auto button I think is pretty good, don’t you think? Game could have easily been without one

2 Likes

If it doesn’t make them money, they are not going to do it. So no

20 nos: NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo

Thinking that when you farming for some ingredient or just to fill a chest you probably goes for 7~10 consecutives of “FIGHT > AUTO > REPLAY > FIGHT > AUTO”

Would be nice if when you finish a stage by autoplaying you have a timer of 5 or 10 seconds to restart the same level again.

Would you be able to turn the timer on and off? Because I don’t always stay on the same level when farming or i want to use only a certain amount of world energy for a level. And if I walk a way from my phone for a little bit it could burn through more world energy then i wanted to use

I really like this idea, especially being able to turn the timer on and off. I honestly think it would make me enjoy the game more just because my engagement in real life might improve. It’s never a healthy thing for me to spend time repeating autoplay during my morning routine. It would be super valuable to be able to hit autoplay and set my phone down for a while, then check back into the game when my WE had refilled

Merged. Please search for duplicates before making the same type of thread. Thanks!

Will bump this because since playing a new game, I have discovered the great convenience of this feature and how annoying having to look at our screen every 30-40 seconds is. That game has the option of:

1. a) repeat until your energy dries out or b) a set amount of repeats
  2. a checkbox to make use of refills / flask during those repeats so you can squeeze even more passthroughs in one go.

As for people telling us, that want that QoL implementation, that we are lazy, you have to realize that comes a certain time in one’s life when you start having commitments: family, jobs, grabbing a beer with friends in between all that. I don’t think it’s too much asking to cater to older generations of player, who, let’s face it, represent the biggest spenders in the game, by making it easier to balance everything out without resorting to tickets. Anyways, I always considered those to be free pass on harder levels when you can’t rely on the AI to automatically win the match.

Really, in the end, is the loot ticket business that lucrative? I’ve seriously thought about moving to that other game just for that feature which makes my life so much easier.

1 Like

This is a terrific idea, and should be implemented. This would be a good step in the same direction as the new “collect all” button.

In order to farm, we kind of have to babysit our phones and click buttons every couple minutes to keep the game autofarming. It would be nice to introduce the option to choose how many flags you want to spend on a level, and it will auto farm until those flags are spent. Just like loot tickets, you choose how many times you want to run the level except loot tickets skip the waiting and this wouldn’t skip the wait time, it would just reduce the monotonous nature of farming. I could choose to spend 60 flags on 12-9 while I hop in the shower, my game would continually farm for me.

There is a similar idea here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Proposal: New feature which allows you to stack autoplay. When you click on the autoplay icon a new icon appears that has a plus and minus button. The plus will add to the number of times the level will be autoplayed. If you increase this value above zero then after loot is awarded the level begins agains with the same hero roster and set to autoplay. This continues until the counter goes back to zero.

Pros: Massive lifestyle boost by not having to babysit your phone while trying to autoplay levels.

Cons: Slight reduction in the value of loot tickets but not complete loss of value as they drastically speed up level farming. This may cost SG money so they would not be for it maybe.

Argument For: Let’s be honest, this game sometimes becomes a grind. Especially during Atlantis Rising and the Challenge Events. Too often I’m trying to relax and watch a movie at night after the kids are asleep and I’m having to babysit my phone, periodically checking to see if my heroes have beat S2: 9-8 during Atlantis Rising (takes forever). This feature would just let my phone spend the next hour doing this mundane farming without any attention from me. This feature would be a nice lifestyle upgrade.

Or if SG wants to, maybe let this feature be unlocked after a player reaches level 40. At that point the player has “paid their dues” and should be afforded this increase in lifestyle.

1 Like

Great idea! This will make the game much more appealing. Farming for high level players can get seriously boring. This will be a massive improvement.

I finally joined the forum just to upvote this. This would be a relatively low cost quality of life improvement, both from a programming perspective and from an eating into profits perspective. Just do it, SGG! Please!

1 Like

SGG: Great suggestion! Now let’s sell autoplay stack tokens! First 5 are free!

like loot tickets?
I don’t think they will set up a duplicate.

Do not misunderstand. it’s something I’d like, at least to the extent that I’m sure it will never be implemented

I would say that it’s a very significant reduction in value and, unfortunately, makes this idea incredibly unlikely…