[Master] - Happy neverending Cake Day @PlayForFun! šŸ°ā™¾ļø Pls join for '23!

@Math4lyfe is pretty special imo. She was always fantastic to me. Her Birthday/Cake Day thread has to be a forum record (help me @Gryphonknight you are our only hope). :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

:thinking:

We could make this thread a Happy Cake Day/Week*, plus a new starting point of public thanks for @PlayForFun? Similar to @Mistress_of_Shadowsā€™ excellent thread, but purely dedicated to PlayForFun? What do you think?

*We can always edit the thread title to extend the celebration again! :innocent:

Happy mid-Cake Week @PlayForFun! :partying_face::tada::tada::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

A cake every day ? :smiley: I need to go to a diet afterwards :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes! A cake of your choice everyday for at least seven days. :innocent:

@PlayForFun What cakes do you most enjoy? :wink: And would you care for an accompanying :tea: or :coffee:?

6 Likes

I like almost any kind of cake, but my favorites are cakes with chocole or coconut or fruits or the combination of these :slight_smile:

I do not need a coffee now I have just finished my pumkin spiced hot chocolate :slight_smile:
I will have a :tea: later.

9 Likes

Forum

(teasing)

You are S.C.R.@.W.E.D.

:imp:

(end teasing)

Click for really boring bits

Cake

Even I have a hard time separating the two types of cake day on the forum ( see notes )

Because.

Humans.

Tags

Tags would have helped, but Discourse.org has a very primitive tag system ( see notes )

Badges

Most of the top forum goals / top forum records, are attached to badges

It is hard to search related badges since the topicā€™s creator has a private forum profile ( go them )

Though Discourse.org may deliberately avoid badges based on time / length to discourage topic necromancy

Goals

Easily available stats

3.4k views

1.5k likes

353 replies

24 minute read time

These are your target GOOOOOOALS

Flag :triangular_flag_on_post:

I will flag this post and see if any moderator wants to attempt a deeper dive into the stats, goals, or the current record holder for cake day

Volunteer moderators are an eclectic bunch

Do not get your hopes up ( see notes )

Even, if I were granted moderator status on this forum, I would not dive any deeper ( soooooo many reasons )

Notes

Click for notes

Which?

Improve Tags

Hidden forum stats

In the below quote replace ā€œHidden Xā€ with ā€œHidden forum statsā€ for the most common reasons why Discourse.org hides some forum stats from users

FIN

6 Likes

Wow

You are not joking around ( see notes )

Beta Beat Reporter ( see notes )

@PlayForFun

Thank you for your Beat Beat posts :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::exclamation::notes::exclamation::fireworks::exclamation:

Notes

Click for notes

Nice Badges

Nice Stats

Topics

[Topics^1] (Profile - PlayForFun - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

Beta Beat

[Beta Beat^2]

(Search results for '@PlayForFun tags:beta-beat order:latest_topic' - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

FIN

6 Likes

Ok @sft1965 can you summarize @Gryphonknight posts briefly for me? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

With a candle in there, calories donā€™t count. :wink:

5 Likes

Let it flow sound of Frozenā€™s Let It Go in the background and see what happens. Btw :cake: for @PlayForFun !

5 Likes

It was forum software humor

As is Discourse.org software

Think math humor between math people

4 Likes

Please enjoy this chocolate fruit cake!

That hot chocolate flavour sounds nice! :tea: is a good choice too. I am a fan of cake, tea, and coffee. :wink:

6 Likes

From my part, let me celebrate your cake week with an invitation to have a Swiss specialty: meringue avec double crĆØme de GruyĆØre.

Normally, itā€™s composed of two parts: of meringue (that is, habcsĆ³k in our common language), which is well-known everywhere in the world, I think, and of cream, which is something I havenā€™t yet met anywhere else: so thick that a spoon stays standing upright if you stick it into the cream. 45% of fat content, I think. Just cream, pure and unadorned. You dip the meringue into the cream, and eat it. Thatā€™s it.

Fruit does not go traditionally with it, itā€™s there only because you said you like cake with fruit, so I want to regale you (you merit it well, thanks a lot for your work in the forum!). This dessert is usually eaten after a hearty classical Swiss meal of fondue, that is, special cheese melt in a dish in the centre of the table, and everyone sitting around dipping bits of stale bread into it, eating various pickled cucumbers or salads with it, and drinking things supposed to ease digestion (not water). I guess the Swiss approach with this is that if you are breaching all the good advice of health professionals, then at least breach them good and hard.

Sounds much worse than it is, especially with the stale bread, but this is in fact one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. So donā€™t be afraid if anyone invites you for a fondue!

And thanks a lot again for all you contribute to this community!

6 Likes

@Gartenerbsen and @SamMe

Both options looks good :slight_smile:
I can take them both :smiley:

6 Likes

@Gartenerbsen Thanks a lot for helping us to celebrate @PlayForFunā€™s Cake Week. :+1:

I enjoyed reading your post, learning about two Swiss speciality dishes. :smile:

6 Likes

@PlayForFun deserves to be celebrated daily!

iā€™m bringing a savory cake - Philippine fried pork + veggie rolls, with ā€œpansitā€ noodles

7 Likes

Yes! I think the more appreciation, and positive vibes shown for @PlayForFun, the better!

I suppose this thread is in danger of becoming dangerous to look at on an empty stomach. :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

completely agree! bringing more treats to share:

Dutch stroopwaffles (waffle cookies with syrup):

6 Likes

I would love to try it. Next weekend, Iā€™ll probably look up the recipeā€¦ :blush:

6 Likes

here you go :slight_smile: iā€™ve made both components beforeā€¦ itā€™s putting them together that seems tough, but mainly because I am an uncoordinated clumsy goof lol

7 Likes