[Master] ❤ Friendly Matches -- Feedback & Discussion Thread

I do agree, it s clearly not the same ‘randomised’ board thot those we see in war.

2 Likes

Mine just updated within the last hour.

Thank you Sarah, me and my mates shared our friendly raids on telegram , so I viewed 100 attacks more or less. The most part of them are easy wins also VS stronger teams. It seems no tank is hard to beat, even with wrog colors team. This way defence or attack strategy is not proved with friendly raids in my opinion.

1 Like

Alliance battle is exciting feature…right there is no mention who win and lost battle…my suggestion is it should be points and battle scores and also we should receive a notification who attack and what is results…thank you

1 Like

In beta ally chat there was a message “player_name has defeated in / has won a friendly match against player_name”

Why is not included in this update?

“Removed after copious negative feedback in V35.5 bet”

3 Likes

Disappointed with friendly battles.
Back in the day, when I made the friendly battles proposal, I did it thinking that the battles could be seen by two or more players as if it were a spectator mode so as not to have to record each battle, but the final result could. not have any This function is remarkable since it only serves to measure you against the teams of your alliance … my intention was to help and that the companion saw the battle at the moment in which it was developing.
At the moment it is of little use … it is true that if you talk with your partner you can explain to him that he puts on a hero or changes to another since that hero is easy to defeat … but I repeat for the partner to see it you have to do a screenshot and run it through watsapp.
Disappointed. It would be nice to correct that option … whenever possible.

Generally, I like the feature and our alliance is having fun with it. However, the 5-flag per day system is simply stupid - this is literally a “for fun” mechanic with no rewards or help toward a goal - so why have an artificial gate? I get it people may buy a few extra chances early on given the newness factor…but I have to believe that is a small population.

1 Like

Very good addon. Finally something that is not a money grab and it´s actually something to use.

These were funny for the first couple of days when they arrived, now I cant be bothered anymore. If you could try these on the war defences, now that would be something. With normal raid defence i see better results by the amount of attacks from other players and checking my cups, not by seeing if some members of my alliance manage to 1-shot me.

Also so lame that theres no evidence or nothing like how many times an alliance member has attacked you, what team they used etc. You just have to use screen recorder and share the video somewhere elsewhere if you want to see that. How nice would it be if the game recorded the attacks and there was an optional download button for the review.

I did a couple of friendly matches, and honestly don’t see the point of this. I get the concept and it’s a nice addition but not even the slightest incentive? I feel that friendlies are just matches for you to gauge your teammates and maybe review their team composition and that’s it or if you like a challenge, use weaker teams on your weaker teammates to fight on equal grounds. Like not even ham and iron for winning?
I also feel that there should be a Team dedicated to friendlies as well because what we’re using for raids is what we’ll be facing for friendlies. I would like to compose a team to set differently between raids and friendlies apart.

2 Likes

Would a friendly tournament be a good idea too? You compete with teammates of the same raid trophy arena for a week. Which means everyone on diamond rank will play against each other, everyone on platinum plays on the same tier. So on so forth. Even if you drop/increase your rank within the week, it doesn’t affect the tournament.
The goal here is to take down as many heroes as possible. There are no additional rules, but only one and that is your defence team is the same as your offence team. There will also be a preview period for you to see what your teammates defence team is and to adjust yours before it starts. There is also a friendly hero chest and it is 25 heroes per chest, fill it up to get something nice. Opening that chest also gives you a chance to edit your team as well, the only way to change your team. At the end of the week, the player who takes down the most heroes wins first place all the way to whatever position is on that tier. You may even tie with others to get the same tier rewards
Once you challenged your teammate, whether you win or lose, you cannot challenge that team again until you have fought everyone, then it refreshes like wars.
Players will get 5 flags refreshed every day for the 5 days. but there will be no cap on flags. You may participate, you may not, it’s all up to you.
Tiers for Rewards are the same, lower ranks get lower rewards while higher ranks get better rewards.
I think that’s something different for a change

2 Likes

I like the friendly Matches and the 5 flags per day isn’t really an issue, I don’t intend on staying on here all day doing battles with alliance members.

As stated over the past couple of years of request for this feature, it’s more about being able to test out your heroes against potential opponents heroes should some of your team-mates have said heroes in their roster and being able to do that for free is a blessing.

It would be nice for your opponent to know they where beaten or win by said member using said team heroes but that could be said the same for every other battle/match in the game…

At the same time the other side of this if members of an alliance work together it’s not all about the attacking team, it can be used to test defense teams which will be a great asset to this with multiple acc’s.

You and à few members could record your matches and post them in your 3rd party chat to discuss possibilities in changes for both defense and offense teams or take it in turns to do live chats through YouTube and discuss it then live.

I feel this à welcome upgrade for those that choose to accept it and not always after wanting more than they get.

2 Likes

This is definitely enjoyable and stressful wondering can you win the battle did you apply your special correctly it’s a great teaching tool thank you :blush:

2 Likes

The point is not to win at all costs, but to have a good time, so you must ask yourself what counts as fun for you: easy wins or hard battles. Than you have your answer. If easy wins is what you seek, there’s always platinum, gold etc.

No that’s not the point. Lower arenas don’t offer as good of rewards. The fact is you have about an 80% chance of beating a team of lower power (because of bad boards or dumb luck they can still win), but only about a 20% chance of beating a higher powered team. The object is to fill chests as fast as possible so you can get an elemental chest quicker which has the best rewards. Taking on higher powered teams takes much longer. Why beat your head against a wall when you don’t need to, just reroll a few times and your game will go much faster.

So far, the boards of friendly attacks were full of tiles i need. I don’t think it is very comparable to war or PVP matches.
An ally colleague wanted to check his war defense and asked to attack him. All of us, who attacked him won the match. I even attacked him with 4*s only and won.

1 Like

We’ve got a separate thread for this speculation.

No actual data as of yet…which is a familiar theme with theories about tile colours…but maybe someone will post some soon?

Can you link the thread please?
I believe there are different algorithms for friendly matches, PVP and war, which is ok.
It can be observed that you win PVP, if you are low on cups, and lose if you are high, e.g. 2700+, depending on your defense team. Since there are no cups in friendly matches, the algorithm works differently

I have had the same except on 2, where I had 0 colours I needed (Mono red).
It seems to be the same from other’s in my alliance too, it was noted by @Gregor.Jax (I think). And it definitely does seem to be a theme. I have used all flags to date and only lost 2.

1 Like