[Master] Free advertising watch video for summons discussion

I am pretty sure they will have all the numbers from how many of these ads are watched, compared to for example Mystic Ads.

This is new way for them to suck revenue out of F2P players. You’ll be sure they have eyes on it.

3 Likes

Of this is true then choice is clear. Chance for 4* asc mats or 3* hero/troop…

2 Likes

Hmmm prob won’t be watching any adds then… Well for a while…

13 Likes

Also had this problem all morning. @Guvnor, @littleKAF or some other friendly neighborhood mod - maybe consider splitting out the messages about this into a new bug thread so it doesn’t get mixed in with the (equally valid) concerns about having to spend all silver tokens before watching the ad?

EDIT: Whoa! I’m now “Anathema to nobility”? Where did that come from? Kinda funny, but I have no idea when that happened.

1 Like

I believe you do have to have zero tokens to watch the add… Iv just read the beta report Playforfun did bring this up and staff said this…

As suicide bunny said they will prob see how many ads are being watched… Pretty sure majority of a player base has a sliver token or two it could change down the line… :+1:

4 Likes

I feel the same :frowning:

I have camps full of feed and nothing interesting to level up. So I don’t see reason to use them… But would love to get something for free :))

4 Likes

+1 to keep Silver Tokens.

I won’t use them just to have another 1* feeder, if we can see those videos without having to use the tokens, I will watch.

5 Likes

I guess this kind of makes sense. In order to introduce this without adding a new button to the UI, it has to -obligatory before- the silver tokens, or only after they are gone. Some people are anti-ads, and would prefer not to view the ad, I suppose, but still use tokens.

The best solution is to add a new button on the summon screen with 24h cooldown to watch an ad for a summon (or at least that’s what I see as the best option)

2 Likes

Apparently the “Watch an ad to summon!” doesn’t show if there are Summons from tokens that haven’t been used. I’m not sure I like that. I’ve stockpiled some in case I need them to finish POV and now that strategy has been shot down.

For those of us who struggle to get the Diamond kills when that is active during POV, as one example, this can be significant. The game is all about the marathon and long range planning. While having a stockpile is less necessary with two extra Summons a day, this is a nerf for some nonetheless. Unless there was some programming issue, this targets, intentional or not, players who don’t or can’t complete other parts of POV.

I’ve never had to use mine, but it was nice knowing they were there if I had to miss some days.

2 Likes

My “Watch an ad to Summon” doesn’t work under any circumstances (two accounts, no grey coins in stock, “Ad not available” every time I click). So it’s less of a “nerf” than a “ruse.”

4 Likes

@Dudeious.Maximus , merge candidate.

1 Like

Hello. I see in the info about version 45 this :
Extra Daily Summon

After using your regular Daily Summon, you can now watch an ad for one additional Daily Summon!

Where can I see the ad for the extra summon? For me, there is no change in the daily summon portal. What about you?

1 Like

u can watch it only if u dont have any silver token saved

Wait, are there many people who don’t hoard boring grey tokens, especially toward the end of Path of Valor?

I kind of figured a lot of people either

• wind up finishing the Summon XXXXXXXX heroes part of PoV, and hoard to get a head start on next time, or
  • wind up getting the 5* ascension mat, and stop summoning heroes because the PoV chests are invariably “recycled belly button lint in a broken sippy cup,” and it’s more attractive to get a head start on the next PoV
1 Like

I used 250+ coins the other day so that I could start getting the extra hero or troop every day. I was disappointed when no ads were available this morning but that resolved within a few hours so I was able to watch an ad and get a 2* troop.

I’d prefer to be able to hoard coins AND get the extra hero/troop but I’m fine not hoarding coins and just hoarding feeder heroes in my Training Camps! LOL

2 Likes

Same here, unable to summon more because ad is not available. Has SG acknowledged this issue at some point already?

Click for notes

1* / 2* hero or troop

versus

Gems, non farmable ascension items, tomes, emblems

No way am I picking extra Daily summons over a Mystic vision

FIN

1 Like

Never hoarded them - never will. Always a big need for feaders on my account. :wink:

You don’t have to choose.

Just watch first the extra summon add and after that mystic Vision. This way it works fine.

If you watch mystic vision first, the add for extra pull is not available.
Really stupid the whole thing…

5 Likes

+1000x :heavy_heart_exclamation:

FIN

1 Like