[Master] Faster autoplay / Improve Autoplay AI

At least till the new buildings come into play, then 2nd builder will be appreciated again.

I would like to see what room I am in at all times. Room 1-3, 2-3, etc. I tend to autoplay the initial rooms and like to take over in the last room JUST before the boss room. The speed of the auto play is ok.

Great idea - battery drain caused by the game is enormous :frowning_face:

While I like the idea, this is the reason why they introduced loot tickets. They make money out of them, so I don’t expect them to change anything.

I support removing the animation in auto play. Sometimes I auto play the minion rooms but I play the boss room.

@zephyr1 @Rook
Will you consider this topic for meging please with the other three for the similar vote.

1 Like

Loot tickets = faster autoplay

quite a lot of spending in this game imao.
if we coul’d atleast spare that expense
:smirk::tired_face:

I don’t need faster autoplay. It goes pretty fast when I am watching what happens on the board or when I am studying how a hero is working out. If I am not watching it I don’t care . However, As far as battery usage, I would prefer reduced graphics in autoplay.

You don’t think autoplay is slow to speed up.

&&&

Nemyslíte si ,že automatické hraní je pomalé a má se zrychlit.

When we get faster autoplay? It’s slow as hell. Ups sorry I forgot they do nothing only grab money.

4 Likes

E&P’s autoplay is notorious for its sub-par performance. I know that a better autoplay is easily achievable since I also play another match-3 RPG called Dragon Strike (DS) made by Ember Games which is a much smaller studio but has a much better autoplay function.

It is debatable what “good” AI auotplay is characterized by. Sometimes, there isn’t an objective “best move”. However, one improvement that should be made is speed. As you mentioned, the current autoplay in E&P is extremely sluggish.

In DS, when autoplay is toggled on, each move is made immediately after the previous move finishes. Hero specials fire in quick succession instead of waiting to fire one by one like in E&P. Also in DS, if you replay a level and had autoplay already toggled during the previous playthrough, it will automatically have autoplay enabled on the replay as well. This is extremely helpful when farming the same level.

Small Giant can do better. I’m sure they have more resources available than a small-time studio like Ember Games (DS has probably ~1% of the playerbase that E&P does) and re-coding the autoplay function shouldn’t be that big of a venture. Autoplay may seem like a small feature, but it is an aspect of the game that nearly ALL active players use for farming and quests. Improving something that influences the quality of life of all players is definitely significant.

4 Likes

Agreed. At a minimum i would like to see an option on how many times to do auto play. That would help me to set it run that many times without me constantly looking.

6 Likes

Absolutely I agree there is plenty things to improve.

I don’t think anyone will ever try to speed up an automatic battle. Slow speed should annoy us as much as possible so that we buy tickets. )))))

2 Likes

…on the other hand, faster autoplay might result in players buying more WE flasks during Atlantis?! :thinking:

1 Like

It’s so slow and the design is incredibly basic. But, devs aren’t going to care because it’s not something that makes money.

Safe & fast autoplay everything:

2 Likes

In fact, I think the speed is normal. I often go to the province of Atlantis and the third season in automatic mode. And this speed allows me to intervene in the battle in time, cancel the automatic mode and continue the game in manual mode. At a higher speed, this will no longer be possible. This will lead to permanent defeats and the loss of a huge amount of world energy, and as a result will cause a huge dissatisfaction of thousands of players.

so many minions!! better throw in a heimdall just to be extra safe though.

1 Like

Cookie Settings