[MASTER] E&P Store Discussion and Help

LOL, it was a bit of on overstatement. I did however spend about an hour and a half but I got the gems. Now chrome is my browser and I’ll see if I regret doing that later.

1 Like

That is a long time to get the gems, I already have android / chrome so it was fairly smooth… I think an inbox gift would have been much smoother but they just wanted to get everyone into the Zynga store I guess…

1 Like

If I didn’t visit this forum often, I wouldn’t have gotten the gems. Thanks for the assistance everyone!

2 Likes

For f2p it is one more pull than they would normally make. And yes, that is it. Unless the gems are used elsewhere. Then it isn’t one more pull at all.

On another note, the E&P store is refusing to connect to the game through my non-standard default browser (firefox, beloved of boomers everywhere) so it’s zero more gems for me.

Edit: having caught up now on the thread … Chrome is disabled on my phone and I have no intention of enabling it just to get this gift (long story, I am philosophically opposed to using it from its early days of being a sneaky trojan that kept installing itself on my computer when I wasn’t looking). If my default browser doesn’t work then there’s an issue with the empiresandpuzzles website, not with my default browser.

4 Likes

Unable to download free gems, have used iPhone, iPad and qr code and receive same message each time - application error, a client side exception has occurred. Any help welcomed.

Continuing the discussion from Claim Your Welcome Gift at the New Empires & Puzzles Store! :gem::

This info is misleading, as “default browser” means something different than “system built-in browser”.
“default browser” is the browser the device is told to use, when you open a webpage from any other aplication - and it can be any browser user installs from the shop.
And in this case, to connect to the game you need to use your system built-in browser, even if you changed the default browser to one you installed from the shop.

1 Like

No problem here, it worked just fine from the get-go with my Firefox browser (set as default since forever) on my android device and it’s nowhere near built-in, I installed it myself from Google play after I bought the device.
Stop looking for excuses.

6 Likes

Lucky you. Wanna collect mine for me and email them to me?

1 Like

Obviously not well tested … no surprise there.

2 Likes

I had to download google chrome. I have a fairly old Iphone (not ancient) and it worked after that.

You do get 350 gems for free. Thanks for this SG

3 Likes

Thanks to all for posting re how to get the free gems - was really helpful

And hey, 350 free gems are always appreciated :wink: so I’m grateful

4 Likes

Android user here.

Initially, I was unable to collect the gems despite following the guide and tips from SG. I would get stuck on the “to access the store, please use the default browser on the mobile device you use to play the game.” message.

My default browser was the Samsung Internet app.

What worked for me was going into Settings/Apps/Choose default apps and then setting the Browser app to a different browser. In my case, I changed it to Chrome. I then reloaded the link from the message in-game to the E&P website on Chrome and collect the gems without issue.

Hope this helps for any other Android users struggling with a similar issue to mine.

4 Likes

Am I missing something - is this game not owned by Zynga? They have a habit of destroying every game that they take over. I am waiting for the " we are finished developing this game" memo - closer we get to year 5 the more I think it is going to happen.

1 Like

Tried everything - not working. One browser seems to be opening the game then just redirects me to a different browser that says use default browser. Stuck in a vicious circle. So much for free gems.

For anyone struggling. I use a samsung and had to go in my browsers privacy settings and allow the redirect. After hours of messing about it worked. Hope that helps someone.

1 Like

If you haven’t been able to get it done yet, I’ve done some tinkering with an old Pixel 4 Android phone I have here.

What resolved the issue for me (tested it with a lvl 3 alt profile and with chrome disabled) is tapping the “Open links in apps” toggle to ON in Firefox settings. After that tapping on the Connect button on empiresandpuzzles.com launches the game which then redirects to collect the gems

3 Likes

You know, I forgot that part about when I did it this morning. When I clicked the link, it gave me the option to open it in either Chrome or E&P, and I selected E&P. If anyone sees that prompt, this might be info you need.

1 Like

For sure. An app can be set to open specific links. And if someone by mistake sets it to an incorrect app the first time they get the prompt, it can cause problems. Deep links and redirects isn’t common knowledge.

This is just a list of links E&P can open within the game client and then either keep user there or redirect once it has an auth token it needs (which is precisely what it gets here and then redirects to the zynga store and you’re logged in without actually having to “log in”)

3 Likes

I had this same issue, but going into settings and making Chrome the default browser fixed it for me. Good luck!