🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Strength - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Same team … No items …

Everything in storage .

3 Likes

Pics say enough:). No items necessary;

Attack+up / deff down / ice down / tiles up = dynamite tiles. Elena’s counterattack meant azlar suicided. Nashgar was tiled out, and boss elena soon followed.

• and I just noticed I picked 2nd grimm at 4/70 and not 1st at 4/75+18…
3 Likes

ok, so I decided to mix it up a little because i rarely actually play with Azlar, though he’s on my rush defense team. So Tyr sat this one out and it was:

result:

It’s funny because since I never actually play with Azlar, i didn’t really have a feel for how hard he hit or how much that burn damage really would do. the answer is a lot. i fired Azlar in the stage before the bosses and didn’t have time to prep the board and/or get everyone charged before going into the boss stage because he single-handedly demolished the mobs. oops. :laughing: luckily, the board wasn’t that bad, and had enough blue tiles to get all my blue heroes charged and do a lot of damage. however, it was just short of actually killing boss Azlar and he fired. so I needed the super antidote or my heroes would have all burnt to a crisp.

Barbarians to Azlar who will go to 19 eventually, and/or saved for Zekena. Fighters maybe to Bertila who is also on my rush defense, but so many choices for where the fighters go. just got cElena too! :smiley: Trainer to finish off Mack who’s almost done.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Boldtusk 4^75+20
  • Frank +c20
  • C. Leo +18
  • Grimm 4^75+20
  • Poseidon +18

Same crew as last time.

Mob waves were no problem, but I did finish off the last wave too quickly, which didn’t allow Boldtusk to recharge, nor was his buff active going into the boss wave. Still, I had blue and red diamonds on the board, which got me off to a good start. Nashgar fired, but Boldy took it well and was ready to heal when he got hit. Brought down Nashgar the next turn. Then, Azlar fired, which is usually a bad thing, but the fight was over by then. One more cascade, and he and Elena fell on the next turn.

Barbarian emblems take Obakan up a node. Not enough fighter emblems for Magni’s next node. (I’ve decided to emblem him up again for war depth.) Trainer hero to my Soul Exchange prize, Jean Francois.

4 Likes

i decided to mix it up again. i thought i’d try mono red this time:

mostly as an an excuse to take Shadereave out to play.

result:

i don’t really like doing mono in these trials because if you don’t get tiles for a while in your one color, things can start to go bad pretty quickly because the slash attacks are brutal. and that’s what happened here. Went in with everyone charged and it started off well, but then after the opening salvo and a couple of red matches i didn’t get any tiles for a while. sort of expected in a way. Nashgar hit Azlar and he was down to just 3(!) health before i finally got some red tiles and was able to charge everyone to fire but i needed the bomb to curb the slash attacks and two time stops to keep Elena and Azlar from firing twice. Shadereave got to do his thing though! You can see Draugr Azlar down in the corner there, another slash attack finally took him out. :sweat_smile: i’d have cleaned up with my previous red/blue team because there were plenty of blue tiles, but whatever, i don’t mind the item use, i have plenty.

Fighters saved for now for one of my many fighters. Barbarians to Zekena or maybe Azlar to get them up another node. Trainer to cElena, who might get to come next time if she’s maxed.

1 Like

Funny how we’re always pulling for those unusual heroes to get their time to shine, isn’t it? Won a couple of war hits a year or two ago with the rest of my team dead and Ameonna in ghost form (i.e. unable to die), and I was like, “Yeah! You do you, ghost girl!”

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Boldtusk 4^75+20
  • Frank +c20
  • C. Leo +18
  • Grimm 4^75+20
  • Poseidon +18

This ain’t broke, and I ain’t fixin’ it! (Actually, my Magni is on the rise, so I might swap him in for Poseidon or C. Leo eventually.)

Had two of five mob waves that I was able to wipe out by firing C. Leo, then popping a yellow diamond that recharged Leo and killed all the moblings, so this went kinda fast. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. I always go after Elena, because things get hairy when she goes off and I have no dispel, but I kept getting blue and yellow tiles under Azlar, so I rolled with that until he died. Fortunately, I had just enough tiles and the def down and EDD lasted just long enough for me to still finish off Elena also. Nashgar then went down quietly, and nobody fired for the first time in recent memory, so that was cool.

Barbarian emblems take Obakan up a node. Not enough fighter emblems for Magni’s next node. Trainer hero to Jean-Francois.

2 Likes

i’m not gonna lie, i was unabashedly excited that i got to 1) charge up Shadereave just in time for 2) resurrecting someone that was about to die with 3) full mana to cast their Draugr special (which includes a mana boost, btw, i had never seen that before today!). it was the Shadereave trifecta!

before this i’d only taken him out for farming monster chests, so this was fulfilling.

That’s cool about Ameonna, i just got her a couple of Atlantis’ ago. And I’m almost done with my army of cRigards, so my two ghosts, Stonecleave and Ameonna, will get leveled up before too long…

2 Likes

I have used them both effectively at various points in my time in E&P. Neither is a world beater, but neither is useless. They are also both in classes where emblems are usually not in demand, at least on my roster. Hope you enjoy finding a niche for them.

2 Likes

Time to level azlars costume? Make him a bit more survivable? But cool to see shadereave in action. I don’t have him, and have never encountered him in raids…

1 Like

haha, you noticed! yes, definitely need to take care of Azlar’s costume, i just got it a couple of weeks ago from HA10, but all my red feeders are going to cElena, who popped out of the costume chamber a week or two before that. soon!

now that i’ve had a chance to really use him, i can see how Shadereave could be useful in VF war now. one is coming up soon, we’ll see.

2 Likes

Lucky you!

Costume azlar uncleansable burn is scary!

I went this trial with the same team I use wuite some time:

Works really well: popped a buffed blue diamond with att+ and dd-/edd-:

2 Likes

Was in a total rush doing this didnt play very well … Soo ametrine out killhare in … No items …

Barbarian storage … Fighter killhare… trainer ???

2 Likes

Little delayed but I went with this:

I must have gotten lucky with tiles, as the boss stage was over very quickly, and I usually struggle! I rarely use Little John, but he sure helped with the mana control a lot. :green_heart:

1 Like

I just finished Mack, so I thought, hey, let’s give this a shot:

Double riposte, everyone covered, should work right?

result:

ouch. Azlar did kill himself by going off twice on the riposte, but I was also VERY badly damaged. Then the riposte wore off right before Elena fired and I had no one charged and the few red tiles that were on the board were right underneath Nashgar. I used an antidote and a mana potion to charge BT, but then while trying to clear out some tiles through the hole Azlar left some stray red tiles hit Elena and my middle three were gone. It took a time stop and another mana potion to BT to keep Elena from firing again and losing my last two. Probably will go back to my red/blue team next time unless there’s something else to new to try out.

Fighters to Misandra or Magni. Barbarians saved for Gretel. Trainer to Junaid.

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Boldtusk 4^75+20
  • Frank +c20
  • C. Leo +18
  • Grimm 4^75+20
  • Poseidon +18

Same crew as usual.

Mob waves were no problem. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged, but nothing too special about the board. Fired all specials, with Poseidon sniping Elena. A blue match 3 down the middle and she was done. Tried to go after Azlar next, which allowed Nashgar to fire. NBD. Azlar did manage to fire also, but fortunately, BT had a heal ready, and the next two moves ended the trial anyway.

Fighter emblems take Magni up a node. Not enough barbarian emblems for Obakan’s next node. He’s feeling a little uneasy about that new Kageburado guy who showed up out of the Hero Academy last week - like maybe those barbarian emblems are just on loan to him. Trainer hero to Sun Shangxiang.

2 Likes

Bit better this time lotl and grimm in zicron kingston out… No items …

Barbarian storage … Fighter KH … Trainer bellerine

2 Likes

Elena out, broken colen in.

Elena fired, but just suicided my blues

3 Likes

Wow I totally forgot about this and just used al energy doing S4 Provinces. I had 4 left so did the first trial, I still have time to let my energy fill and do the last 2 stages.

But this is always one of my favourite and easiest ones because:

Jott +19 / Miki / Grimm

1 Like

Waiting for a Trials of Nerph where players can only bring nerphed heroes (Nerph Dual Class).