🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Strength - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

And on the right flank, making her debut, let’s give it up for Berrrrrrtila!
Obviously not my strongest trial. Only other 5* is an unmaxed Azlar. I do have the tonics and rings for both so it’ll get easier soon. For now it’s Nuke the bosses

Fighter emblems to Elena, Barbarian saved for Azlar, Trainer to the newly summoned Boldtusk costume

4 Likes

This is weird lol.
1st team

Lovely board

Then Smashed them to bits

Trainer for Richard
Emblems saved
2nd team

Again, good board

And Smashed them to bits

Trainer for Elena
Emblems saved

5 Likes

MY TEAM LAST TIME

MY TEAM THIS TIME

I just needed to use a heal flask in the middle of the final stage to keep safe Nordri. I was able to keep a lot of blue tiles until the bosses’ stage and they died quickly. Elena fired once, but Ametrine countered her.

Trainer for Wilbur and emblems will be saved.

4 Likes

Always easy

BT +19 / Grimm +19 / Elena +7 / Jott +19 / Miki

3 Likes

let try something new, as I finally have Nordi:
BT/Elena/Jott/Grimm/Nordri.

Good board for bosses, attack-up, def down, blue def down. Let’s pop the red diamond to get some blues… Of course the blue diamond pops too, without jott’s buff… So 2 more rounds, boss elena goes off and suicided on my elena’s ripost. Eays!

items used:
2 health to keep nordri alive (he’s not emblemed (yet), and the mobs targetted him in the first rounds…)
2 small mana to top up nordi en grimm for the final charge.

Emblems in store, trainer to Reuben.

5 Likes

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Magni 4^80
  • Boldtusk +c20
  • Grimm +20 (with third ascension costume bonus)
  • Little John +20

Same crew as last time, but I drew Grimm’s costume (:muscle:) Monday and started leveling it, so his stats are boosted vs. last go around.

Mobs are never a problem with the strength of this crew. Wiped out the second and third waves almost entirely using Grimm’s and LJ’s specials. Lost a yellow diamond I was trying to preserve on the last mob wave, but entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a red diamond on the board. Fired everyone at Elena and went to work. Fortunately, I got Elena before she fired riposte, which would be deadly to this crew. Unfortunately, a series of cascades charged both Azlar and Nashgar on the same turn, so my whole team was burning. Neither boss was in great health, though, and I had Boldtusk ready, so I tried to stick it out without antidotes. Another cascade recharged Boldtusk, so health wasn’t an issue before I could take down the remaining bosses with Poseidon’s Pitchfork of Doom.

Enough fighter emblems for Elena to gain a talent and enough barbarian emblems for Namahage to gain three, but saving them all because I’m food poor right now. Trainer hero to Gormek’s costume, which incidentally, is hilarious. :laughing: But I’ve had a soft spot for Gormek for a long time now.

4 Likes

Congrats on Bertila. Let’s hope she’s good. I pulled two during my costume binge Monday!

2 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Other Options

2020-12-16_17-51-37

Battle

Decent start on boss wave, but not great as before…

Clear, without item.

Reward

Barbarian Little John already at +19, keep for BK, was calculate rest for BK+20 (still need rings).
Fighter not enough for Killhare, so keep for now.
Trainer keep for now, red project is costume Colen and he is of course not yet 8/8 his skill.

4 Likes

Same team as last time.
Used one small, medium mana one time stop.

Fighter Kingston, barb and trainer storage. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Kingston - Joon - BT - Magni - Kage

2 Likes

BT +c.bonus+19 - Miki +4 - GM +10 - Grimm +10 - BT +c.bonus+15

My first trial with Miki finally maxed :heart_eyes: It was a piece of cake, so easy that in the end i forgot to fire Miki again and almost lost to Elena+Nashgar firing :joy:

Barbarian emblems piling up for Miki. Fighter emblems in store since i have noone else to emblem apart from 2nd Boldtusk. Not even a 3* :sob: Trainer to Malosi.

2 Likes

Took this swaped a shark for a wolf used some mana and a green pot.

Everything in storage atm.

4 Likes

MY TEAM THIS TIME:

I just chose the same team I used in December + Ametrine. It was easier than I expected.

I just needed to use one antidote to cleanse the burn.

Trainer for Colen (as I got his costume and I want to max him) and emblems will be saved.

Good luck and take care.:wink:

4 Likes

Cleared up easily with this team. Trainer hero went to Bertila to get her to 3/70 and then wait to see what drops out of Valhalla

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Magni 4^80
  • Boldtusk +c20
  • Grimm +20 (with third ascension costume bonus)
  • Little John +20

Exactly the same crew as last time. Grimm’s costume still isn’t finished because there’s this little matter of maxing Krampus.

Mob waves were unremarkable, except that I had to fire Boldtusk twice on the final wave to keep Magni alive, but I got him recharged again for the bosses. Fired all specials at the bosses, and recharged Poseidon to finish Elena… until she revived. Fortunately, I was able to sneak one more tile through on her to keep her down, and that match also triggered a cascade that had just enough to get Azlar before he fired also. Nashgar fired, but inflicted no burn damage, as I killed him on the very next move. No muss, no fuss.

Barbarian emblems to my only maxed barbarian who can take them… Azlar. Not enough fighter emblems for another talent for Elena; those emblems will probably ultimately get stripped and go to Bertila anyway. I hope to save the trainer hero for tomorrow to see if I pull a good red with the last of my Valhalla coins (or to see if my HA 10 delivers tonight). If I can’t hold it that long (roster space is scarce) it will go to my second Boldtusk costume. If I can hold it that long but I don’t pull something good, I’m actually going to do final ascension on Khagan, and he will get it. I have 11 rings, and red is the only color where I don’t have a non-S1 legendary.

4 Likes

Second successful trial.

Team for last fight was:

cBoldtusk(16)-Azlar 2/60- two cValens maxed out and one last Valen with maxed out costume, but at level 1 last ascension.

Valens were pretty good versus the bosses, even dead, since all bosses are red.

Went full prepared for bombing, with axes bombs and dragon attacks. And minor mana pots.

Mob waves were hard. Blue is weak vs green and red is weak vs blue…and the tiles paired most of the time vs their weakest targets…Had to waste all but one of my minor mana pots to keep at least 2 Valens alive to the boss fight.

Valens debuffed two bosses a bit, fired some blues at them, was a success. Used last mana pot on a Valen right before he died to debuff last boss’ def.

Then it came to a red crystal. Then Azlar fired just before opp’s azlar killed him. Boldtusk was alone vs three. Used Axes and bombs and suddenly there were only Azlar and Nashgar standing…at very little hp. Had to match some blue tiles for the win. Boldtusk’s great def value saved me again.

Trainer for Sumle, warrior emblems saved for Boldtusk, barbarian emblems still waiting for someone worthy…don’t have anyone at present.

5 Likes

Easy peasy as always.
2x Boldtusk. Miki. Jott and Grimm

No items used

2 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Switch BT with Delilah.

Battle

Not so good board, but 4x heroes mana ready.

Smooth without items :muscle:

Reward

Fighter keep not enough for last Killhare, Barbarian keep it for now. Trainer also keep.

5 Likes

I forgot to take a pic, but I think I rolled with:

c-Boldtusk +20
Gormek +18
Azlar +4
Hu Tao +1 (meh, why not?)
Gretel +18

Blinded so Boldtusk can keep up easier. Stacked reds with a D drop and fire to AoE due to revive concerns. Gretel was a safety net and color match for 3-2.

No bosses fired thanks to Gretel. Used a few mana pots to ensure that. Otherwise smooth. Elena died last and revived like 4 times in a row. Took no effort on my part other than waiting because she was on fire. :+1:

:beers:

5 Likes

Cookie Settings