🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Shadows - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

last time I went red-yellow. Changed it to blue-yellow:

worked out nicely. Only kiril got hit, first by domitia, then by scarlet, which was a bit too much for the poor dwarf (also, I mistakingly picked my 2nd kiril, who isn’t emblembed. first kiril is on titan duty, and out of costume, so I missed him). The match was about over by then.

2 Likes

Cat out meave in Francine is now LB …
No items.

Screenshot_20220309-163446

Emblems in storage trainer to boomer

5 Likes

While I do have some options now, i see no reason to break up this excellent crew:

Slightly better troops, but mostly the same. I do now have (c)Marjana at +18, but Kelile does quite well here. There’s also Griffin and Zila Lei but i don’t think either would be an improvement.

result:

no items. Skittles went down in one move because i had Krampus charged and a red diamond on the board going in. Scarlett and Domitia fired, but barely pierced the wall o’ minions from Krampus and Frosty.

Rogues to Griffin? Maybe he would see more play if I emblemed him up. or saved for Domitia. Sorcerers to Sabina, Almur, or Skittles. i use Almur the most, but they could all use a few. Trainer to Zila Lei. hopefully she gets some use eventually. i could see how with Grimm you could get def down on a whole board, might be useful.

4 Likes

I completely changed my team this time (Domitia got reset with emblems, I got C/CB Marjana since last update but benched her for this trial and also Inari got emblemed).

I completely forgot about CB Sabina this time, but oh well… Took Brynhild as my healer and small healing pots for Mits and Jackal and I used them all. Concentrated on killing Skittle first, then slowly continued with Domitia and Scarlet which often evaded stuff as usual rogues do. I should’ve taken antidotes for att down too. I’ll take them, if I won’t forget, next time and also take CB Sabina as healer instead of Brynhild. Jackal is good for replacing Dom’s yellow def up.

3 Likes

Put zocc in for marcel to change it up… No items…

Everything in storage.

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus 4^85+20
  • Francine 4^85+c18
  • Witch Isarnia +18

Same team as last time.

Got enough tiles to get the mobs pretty easily. Also managed to build a nice elf minion wall before the boss wave, not that it ultimately mattered. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a blue diamond on the board. After the diamond, Scarlett was dead and the other two badly wounded. Skittles did fire, but Krampus was ready to reverse the attack down, and Grimm sealed the deal with a second blast of his special.

Rogue emblems saved for Gnomer, whose special has been especially stubborn to level. Sorcerer emblems in storage, possibly for Norns, if I choose her/them over Hanitra for darts. Trainer hero to Richard.

2 Likes

I forgot that i was going to mix it up and brought the same team as last time:

I wanted to maybe try out non-c Marj and/or my newly emblemed up Griffin (now at +19) and then just went on autopilot.

result:

One thing is for sure, this team is very effective at this trial. No items. Focused on taking out Domitia first with Kelile and Uraeus, and keeping the slash damage down with Scarlett. Pretty good board with lots of red and blue tiles made this go pretty fast.

Rogues saved, maybe for Domitia if she ever gets maxed. I don’t know, maybe give Danzo a few actually. I do use him in wars sometimes. Sorcerers to Almur, probably, or Skittles or Sabina. Trainer to cMagni.

2 Likes

So I decided to mix it up, since i can now bring cElena to this:

changed the order around so that Elena’s riposte covers the lowest defense heroes.

result:

no items used. i realized halfway through that Krampus works at cross purposes to Elena. You want to get hit by specials when Elena’s riposte is up, but Krampus prevents that. the riposte is still good for those hefty slash attacks though, and Elena has a very high A value, so tiles were doing a ton of damage. board treated me very nicely again, i had a bunch of blue and red tiles under Scarlett to start and took her out immediately, then blasted Dom with all my specials, then ghosted tiles through the hole to charge everyone again and another round of specials finished it. none of the bosses fired, and the wall o’ minions kept everyone safe.

Rogues saved for now, maybe some to Danzo or Zila Lei though. Sorcerers to Almur or Sabina. Trainer to cMagni’s costume, almost done.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus 4^85+20
  • Francine 4^85+c18
  • Witch Isarnia +18

Same team as last time. Kinda risky going almost mono blue, but it hasn’ t bitten me yet.

Launched a few specials in the mob waves just to get things over with. Popped a blue diamond to finish wave 4, which meant all specials charged, but also, not many on-color tiles left. All allies are hit-3 or AoE, so it doesn’t matter much how I target specials. All three bosses fired once; all three got snared by Krampus’ taunt and quickly disposed of. Bonus - Francine’s cleanse over time got rid of the status ailments on Krampus, too. Scarlett went down first, then Skittles, and finally Domitia.

Rogue emblems saved to see if Arfanias drops for me next month; if not, they probably go to Zila Lei. Sorcerer emblems were saved for Norns, who I planned to max, but aethers for Onatel and landing Wu’s costume this week have pushed those plans back. More likely that C. Cat will be ready for them first, as I’m almost ready to start him after finishing LB Seshat. Trainer hero to costume Thorne.

4 Likes

Same team no items…

Emblems … The new 4* gargoyles trainer hotm (soz not good with names atm) :joy:

3 Likes

Simple enough and no deaths and no items used. Lady of the Lake is MVP
Vanda is also amazing and helpful, she stopped the effects plenty of times.
These 2 are my favourite ladies without a doubt

Screenshot_20220622-083546_Empires

2 Likes

So, I didn’t even think about screenshotting until I’d actually beaten it! But, here’s my team:

Absolutely agree that LotL was the MVP and it always somewhat takes me aback by how reasonable Alice’s damage is from a sniping perspective. Admittedly, I have way too many other blues in queue to be taking her further though :frowning: no items as ever :tada:

:mage: Sorcerer emblems are going to LotL to get her to +16
:dagger: Rogue emblems are sitting in storage - too many other projects to focus on right now!
:athletic_shoe: Trainer is going to Costume Finley

:wolf:

3 Likes

After bringing red last time, i decided to bring out the yellow crew:

Danzo up to +7. he comes out in war sometimes.

this isn’t the final shot, but it’s the best one. guess who took out Domitia? that’s right, Danzo. he finally pulled swords, when i really needed it. :grin: i tried to catch it with the swords still on the screen but just missed it. Skittles went down shortly after this shot. The only trick with bringing yellow is riding out Domitia’s defense up if she fires, but Krampus usually lets you do that.

Rogues maybe to Danzo? have a bunch. or saved for Domitia if i decide to max her. Sorcerers to Sabina. Trainer to Azmia.

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Norns 4^60
  • Krampus 4^85+20
  • King Thorne +20
  • Witch Isarnia +18

New toys day! Yay! Swapped out Francine, who wasn’t a particularly good fit on this trial anyway, for C. Thorne, who I finished maxing since last time. Also, as this gives me four blues, I brought in Norns a little early in place of C. Grimm, because she would make Boss Skittles weak to blue, in addition to Boss Scarlett, and C. Grimm’s attack up is redundant with Krampus’.

Patiently waded through the mob waves. Takes a little longer when I hold specials and have to hunt for blue tiles, but I only needed Krampus’ minions for healing through the mobs. Managed to make both blue and yellow diamonds going into the boss wave, along with all specials charged. This is gonna be good… :grin:

Fired all specials and unleashed the blue diamond. With Norns’ ailment on Skittles, both she and Scarlett just melted away under the opening salvo. It was GLORIOUS! When the dust settled, there was poor Domitia all alone (with a yellow diamond still on the board, no less). I let the elf minions peck her to death. Hehehe.

Sorcerer emblems saved for Norns. Rogue emblems saved against a miracle pull of Arfanais this month. If he doesn’t show, they probably go to Zila Lei. Trainer hero to LB regular Thorne.

2 Likes

Jackal out bellerive in … No items …

Rouge storage … Sorcerer lady locke trainer panther

2 Likes

oh boy! I was excited to break out Jackal for this one. The team:

result:

yep, no items, no problem. lots of yellow tiles to work with so it went pretty fast.

Sorcerers to Almur, Rogues saved, trainer to Captain of Diamonds

1 Like

My team - I even managed a screenshot this time :smile: Not really sure who gets the emblems- probably a four star I use a lot.

3 Likes

Zocc out lady locke in no items

Rouge storage … Sorcerer lady locke nearly at 250 trainer melina 2

1 Like

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Norns +10
  • Krampus 4^85+20
  • King Thorne +20
  • Francine +c20

Went back to Francine, this time switching out C. Isarnia, since C. Kiril already does the def down thing in blue and at faster speed. Also gives a little color variety in case of a bad board for blue.

Used specials more liberally than usual, building a minion wall and making the mobs go quicker. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Again, Norns is the star of this show. With my other attackers being blue and green, her special means any on-color tiles are strong against Skittles and Scarlett for six turns. Thanks to that, Skittles went down soon after all the specials fired. Thorne quickly recharged and dispatched Scarlett, who mercifully didn’t dodge. Domitia fired a few times after while I searched for tiles, but by herself, she was never a threat. All hail the mighty Norns!

Sorcerer emblems take Norns up a talent. Rogue emblems saved for :man_shrugging: Trainer hero to Joukahainen.

1 Like

Ok, had a couple of news toys to play with, so changed it up today, and Krampus and Frosty sat this one out for the first time in a long time. The team:

Somebody was asking about Para, so I decided to give her a spin, gave her some emblems too, she’s actually at +7 now. maxed Domitia not long ago due to an excess of tabards and no one else to give them to and i’m quite happy with her. she’s coming along to dispel… boss Domitia’s holy defense up, so i can use this yellow crew more effectively. I just realized I could also have brought Maeve maybe for regular defense down, but i have some concerns about 3* survivability in the last stage.

result:

no items used, everybody’s in pretty good shape. I wasn’t paying close enough attention and almost lost Para in the stage before the bosses and had to take a few turns to heal her back to max before the boss stage. but, Para’s an effective healer and the attack down keeps the monsters and bosses from hitting quite so ridiculous hard. I also had a very cooperative board with lots of yellow and Skittles went down before she could fire thanks to Jackal, and i got Jackal charged again right away and had Scarlett pretty beat up quickly as well. Boss Domitia and Scarlett both went off a couple of times, but Para kept them from doing too much damage, and my Domitia dispelled the holy defense up so I could finish them off. This team worked well for this and Para gets a big thumbs up. :+1: sorry Frosty, maybe you can come back next time. :snowman: :smile:

Rogues to Domitia to get her up another node. Sorcerers saved for C. Cat, who’s going on my yellow titan team when he’s done. Trainer to Captain of Diamonds.

2 Likes