🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Shadows - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Same team as last time… Used 2 med mana.

Emblems in storage trainer horguall

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm +20
  • Krampus +20
  • Domitia +18
  • Marjana +18

Compared to last time, Krampus is up two talents and looks to hold his spot as the most powerful hero on my roster ad infinitum. I also limit broke Kiril and his costume, so he’s maxed, by the latest definition of maxed. Also thought about breaking Grimm’s costume, since I’ve already limit broken his base form, but I didn’t… yet.

Got a little later start in the day, so my head was clearer, allowing me to remember to fire Krampus often for the minion pseudo-heal instead of having to worry about getting Kiril recharged. Mobs went down easily, if not especially quickly, with me playing a bit conservatively. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a purple diamond on the board.

Aw, heck yeah! This is the run-through I’ve been waiting for since I put this group together. Fired all specials, focusing on Skittles and her lack of an evade talent, per usual. Popped the purple diamond, which led to a cascade that killed Scarlett. (Six blue tiles with a three-stack of blue heroes, plus attack up and defense down, plus a red enemy with weak defense = boom goes the dynamite!) Domitia had already recharged at the end of the cascade, so I fired at Skittles again, and she was hanging on by a thread. Next move killed Skittles and recharged Grimm, Krampus, and Kiril. Evade is the only thing that temporarily saved Domitia. Boss fight was literally over in four moves. :sunglasses:

Sorcerer emblems from a previous stage take Jahangir up a talent. A little torn on rogue emblems at the moment, but probably going to Frosty, eventually. Trainer hero to limit-broken Grimm.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Scarlett and Sapphire out, Grimm.C and Thorn.C in.
Oops… I bring my 2nd Marjana 3.70 instead of maxed one :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile:
I didn’t notice until I post in this forum,… lol.

Battle

Decent setup, not so good, but 4 heroes are mana-ready.

Well,… it turn to bad board… and it is also because I bring my 2nd Marjana instead of the maxed one. Using some of items to finish.

Reward

Rogue plan for Francine, Sorcerer keep for now.
Trainer will keep for now, I still leveling 2nd Grimm Costume.

2 Likes

Went into boss-wave a little too fast.
Board dried up quickly.

Used a few antidotes to clear attackdown; and carol is unemblembed, so she couldn’t handle the attacks…

Trainer to Magni. Emblems don’t know yet.

3 Likes

Same team as last time, except the sorcerers got some serious emblem action, Krampus up an additional 9, Uraeus an additional 4. So the team is now:

Scarlett +20 - Griffin 4/1 - Krampus +18 - Frosty - Uraeus +7

I thought I was going to get through this with no items this time, because i had a pretty good board going into it, but there was a dry spell of blue tiles and Skittles fired and hit everyone. I was just going to pop a super mana on Krampus to reverse it and it only got me halfway? Skittles had Delay’d Krampus! bah! two more regular mana potion to top him off. forget what i used the minor mana for. Also, Frosty and Krampus’ wall o’minions is pretty impressive. Frosty took a direct hit from Domitia and all it did was knock out his minions. :sweat_smile: next time, definitely going to aim to do this with no items.

Trainer to Bertila who’s on her way to max, Sorcerers for Krampus, one more trial and i should have the emblems to take him to +19 and i’ll be done with him. Rogues saved for now.

3 Likes

Just finished maxing Kelile so i thought I’d bring her this time instead of Griffin, who was paused momentarily to work on Devana. so the team this time was:

the result:

Things were going really good, and i really thought I was going to get through it without items this time. I had Skittles down and everybody at full health, but then the board completely dried out of blue tiles for a very long time. nothing but green and purple for the longest time, even trying as much as possible trying to ghost them through the hole left by Skittles i got nothing, and Dom and Scarlett charged and fired twice, killing Kelile and almost killing Scarlett, after which i’d had enough and threw a couple mana pots to Krampus, after which the remaining minions actually finished off Dom, and then finally some tiles arrived to charge Scarlett and Uraeus and I took out boss Scarlett. better luck next time hopefully.

No reset emblem. Trainer to Kiril #2, Sorcerers for Krampus, who I didn’t think I would take to +20, but he can charge in nine tiles with a level 11 mana troop, and I just got a blue mana troop for him, so I’m gonna do it. Rogues for Kelilenow that she’s done.

Speaking of embleming Kelile, the emblems path for base and costume are very contrary as far as attack and defense. i’m sure there’s a better place to ask this, but anyone have suggestions on embleming her?

4 Likes

Just finished it with no items: Frosty +19 - Frigg +9 - Grimm Costume +9- Scarlett +19 - Frosth (at 3.70). Frosth helped a lot, also buffing Frosty’s minions.

4 Likes

Same team used a few items bit of everything…
Board wasn’t being to kind early on in the boss wave…

Screenshot_20210811-145243

Emblems in storage trainer hao-tu

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus +20
  • Domitia +c18
  • Marjana +18

Same crew as last time, except I limit broke Grimm’s costume and maxed Domitia’s costume.

Had good luck during the mob waves that no one hero got targeted too often, given this trial’s relative lack of healing. Also fired my snipers often enough that moblings didn’t get many hits in. Got everyone recharged before the boss wave and built a nice wall of little elf minions, thanks to Krampus. Also had a purple diamond on the board.

By and large, Krampus ate most of the specials that the bosses fired, so damage nor debuffs were much of a problem. Brought down Scarlett and Skittles at around the same rate thanks to cascades. Boss Domitia put my Marjana in the red with her special, but she didn’t really do much after that, and despite Marjana being out of Brynhild’s healing range, she survived. Krampus is the MVP of this run-through; can’t wait to limit break him circa November!

Sorcerer emblems get Gill-Ra to max tankiness for three-star tournaments; now I start saving those for Quintus, who sits around 4^40 at present. Completely clueless on what to do with rogue emblems. Could go with Kelile, or I could build Carver as a mini-Li Xiu type tank in three-star tournaments. Really no deserving candidates, and not likely to pull one any time soon. Trainer hero to Richard.

5 Likes

Had to use some items because I was lazy in my play. Oops

4 Likes

I don’t have much bench depth in regards to rogues or sorcerers. Didn’t take a screenshot but remembered to write it down??

So, Sabina+18, Uraeus+15, Brynhild+20, Zila Lei+18 and Scarlett+18.

Used 1 axe attack and 2 small mana pots.

4 Likes

Same team jacakl is LB… No items…

Everything in storage…

6 Likes

Team This Time

Team This Time

Same as before, PiB maxed, and use 1st Marjana, instead of using 2nd marjana (was mistake).
Red and Blue troop lvl 23 now.

Battle

Not great board setup on boss wave,… but some of heroes mana ready.

Survive to not use items,… finished with cThorne died.

Reward

Rogue keep for now, Sorcerer would plan to emblem Senan. Trainer goes to cMagni, he is at 4.55, would be great use as Druid for Magic Tower events.

5 Likes

Check out this blinged out crew:

In the first two rounds, got enough to take Krampus to +20. so glad that’s finally done. (c)Kelile now +20 and Frosty now +19. good troops for everyone too.

the result:

no items used, yay! a first for this trial. Focused on Domitia first, and she managed to dispel Krampus taunt with her final shot before Scarlett and Kelile took her out, and then Scarlett hit Frosty and Uraeus, but the wall o’ minions kept anyone from even taking a scratch. check it out, too, with emblems Frosty has almost as much hp as Kelile! things really dried out of blue tiles for a while and I was getting a little worried, then they showed up just in time to take out boss Scarlett and charge Krampus. Skittles was then an easy finish.

Trainer to Kiril #2 or Alexandrine, Rogues saved for Griffin I guess. The remaining Sorcerers will go to Sabina, who’s a key part of my anti-Sif-in-the-middle team and she needs them bad.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus +20
  • Domitia +c18
  • Marjana +18

Same team as last time.

Mob waves went quickly this time. I was a little impatient with specials, I guess, but the blue tiles also hit really hard. Still managed to enter the boss wave with all specials charged. Felt like I had a nice number of blue tiles under Scarlett, so I targeted her with my snipers. Naturally, she dodged one out of two, but the blue tiles underneath her were enough to finish her before she got her special off. Next round of sniping went to Skittles, who also bowed out before firing. Boss Domitia fired once at Grimm, but even as fragile as he is, it was no problem, and I finished her with a bolt from my Domitia.

Sorcerer emblems take Quintus up a talent. Still no idea what to do with rogue emblems. Maybe hope for Francine during Halloween? Trainer hero to Isarnia.

4 Likes

TEAM : Frosth (3/70) - C.Grimm+19 - Frigg+19 Inari+0 - Alice+0

Funny, there was a lot of minions on my heroes :grin:

NO items

Rogue emblems for Griffin
Sorcerer and trainer for Cristobal

3 Likes

Nice! I also use Frosth at 3.70, but with Frosty and Scarlett :slight_smile: Costume Grimm and Frigg are also in my team and no items. Frosth really shows his value in events

2 Likes

Same team as April :flushed:, been awhile. Whats going on :thinking::face_with_monocle::unamused:

awesome board this round

Happened to land Jackal on all 3 with his E defense down

saving loot

4 Likes

I think I’ll stick with this team for a while.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Same as before,… 2nd mana troop is know lvl 17 red and blue :muscle:

Battle

Decent setup on boss wave…

Finished without items…

Reward

Emblems keep both for now, trainer goes to Capt of Diamond (finally I ascend him), would use for enemy have heavy minions.

1 Like