šŸ”µ [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Justice - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

I changed setup from last time. I went with:
Santa +8/9 - Wukong +7 - C.BT +19 - Joon +costume+10 - Wilbur +20

I had no troubles even though bosses fired more than once. Santaā€™s debuff and minion shield, Wilburā€™s protection and Joonā€™s blinding were enough of a cripple. I just had to be patient for Wuā€™s gambling to be successful.
Monk emblems piling up for Joon, Paladin emblem for Sonya last nodes and then maybe some 3*. Trainer went to Uraeus.

2 Likes

Same team as last time used health time stops antidote. Board gave me green and blue.

Screenshot_20210221-123134

Screenshot_20210328-101706

Monk jooon, padalin storage trainer jackal 3.

3 Likes

I gave the final board a shot with Zulag, Wu, Bane, Tyrum, and Sonya, everybody maxed except Zulag at 3/70. put Zulag between Bane and Tyrum, and she kept them alive an admirably long time, but I just didnā€™t have the firepower to finish after the bosses took out Wu and Sonya.

lack of a proper healer was definitely a problem. crossing fingers i get BTā€™s costume some time soon.

2 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No changeā€¦

Battle

Not a good setup on boss wave,ā€¦ let see whatā€™s come next puzzlesā€¦

Well,ā€¦ it turn into bad boardā€¦ duh :man_facepalming:
Used some items, and only cyprian leftā€¦ but well the point is finished :muscle: :ok_hand:

Reward

Emblem and trainer keep for now.

3 Likes

Easy peasy as always.
I did use 2 minor antidotes though.

Otherwise, no problem at all.

1 Like

This time it was easier and I didnā€™t need to use any object.

The combo Wilbur - Richard - QoH protected the team really well.

Trainer for Uraeus and the emblems will be saved.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Chef Boldtusk +20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Guardian Falcon +18
  • Thorne +16
  • Bounty Hunter Colen 4^70

Weird as it sounds, my change was to switch out Joon +19 for Costume Colen. Last time, the Boldtusk, Wilbur, Falcon combo worked better than expected, so I thought throwing another red into the mix might be even more effective. Wilbur kinda limits a sniper like Joon anyway, and heā€™s at a color disadvantage against the bosses. Most people would switch out Thorne instead of Joon, because most people hate Thorne, but I am not most people. I use Thorne a lot.

I got a little worried in the first couple of stages by how reliant I was on getting red tiles and only having one healer, but those red tiles hit so hard that you donā€™t have to get a lot of them. Wiped out entire mob waves pretty easily. Spent some time trying to set up the board while I just had one mobling left on the final wave. Entered the bosses with all specials charged and a setup for a red diamond ready to go. No snipers means just blast away, which I did. Then, make the red diamond and set it off. Recharge Thorne and administer the always satisfying triple boss kill Icecold Finisher. It really felt like it went that quickly. The supercharged red tiles are just brutal.

Paladin emblems saved for Heimdall. Monk emblems saved for Raffale. Trainer to Gullinbursti. As you can see, Iā€™ve got some nice options coming up for this trial. No idea what my team for this trial will look like in a month or two.

2 Likes

My team this time. Went through no problem at all
Trainer went to Gefjon

2 Likes

Does Giga-Thorne get reset?

:beers:

1 Like

Right now, Iā€™m thinking no. I still use him too much. But weā€™ll see. Iā€™d have to swap in Magni on my blue mono squad, and I have A LOT of fighters, so no emblems for him.

EDIT: Just woke up when I replied to this. A more detailed answer: Thorne is a fixture on my paladin teams, since I donā€™t have many hitters in that class. Heā€™s especially important in this trial, where I also lack monk hitters outside Joon. And heā€™s the finisher in my mono blue team, which is usually Kiril - Grimm - Sonya (in or out of costume) - Thorne - Vela. Hopefully keep Grimm alive to fire, then Thorne + all attack nodes + Kirilā€™s boost + Grimmā€™s def down is usually a pretty good wallop. Magni without emblems would be another glass cannon, where Thorne without emblems wouldnā€™t pack enough punch to be effective, imo.

Heimdall is a GREAT support hero, but I have lots of support heroes in the paladin class. I could use him on defense, but I already have Krampus at tank with a Brynhild flank to keep him alive. Iā€™d have to shift strategies to put Heimdall on the wing and hope for a late revive if I moved him into my defense. He may not need that many emblems out on the wing, though. If raid formations come back, that would be a different story. He and Krampus in a double tank formation could be nasty.

Heā€™s only at 3^58 currently, so I havenā€™t gotten to use him much. Not sure how to use him in PvE content or offensive raids yet. Will have to play around with that before I decide for sure what to do about emblems. I also have 415 paladin emblems in storage, plus 65 that I can (and probably will) reclaim off Zulag. By the time heā€™s maxed, I should have a nice little chunk without having to reset Thorne.

2 Likes

And the team changed yet again!

Liz+19 replace Clarissa+0 from last time. Basically these days I look for every excuse to trot out Liz since she is a lot of fun to use on offense, and she definitely did not disappoint. Mob waves went down easy enough, and on my last turn an unintended combo caused me to prematurely burn up a purple diamond, which I was pretty frustrated about, but then RNGesus smiled at me and gave me what Iā€™d call a miracle board. Seriously just look at the board going into the boss round:

RNGesus is basically saying, ā€œson if you donā€™t get a perfect run on this one you should QUITā€. I mean there are 10 purple tiles on the board, and 3 (technically 4) different ways to make a diamond. Best of all the purple tiles are lined up just under the right heroes. So I fired all my specials, and made the purple diamond under Joon. Then just another two or three moves later it became this:

The amount of ailments on Justice is frankly slightly ridiculous, she is

• blinded
  • poisoned
  • mana debuffed by -24%
  • defense dropped by -34% (although net -14% due to her paladin talent)

Not to mention the underwild gem gives another ā€œfreeā€ flat 50 damage every turn. Well I just made the purple match into the diamond and that was it.

Item tally: None

Emblems saved (3 paladin away from getting Roostley to +17), trainer will go to Kingston.

5 Likes

second change in a row because, as rho said, i too am trying elizabeth everywhere in the game.

C.BT +19 - Wu +7 - Wilbur +20 - Joon +costume+15 - Elizabeth +3

Wukongā€™s rate was awful this time, so Elizabeth really made the difference. Lost the monkey because all the bosses managed to fire, but i was never in danger and didnā€™t need any item.
Everything saved, yellow trainer much appreciated to Uraeus.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No changeā€¦

Battle

Decent start at boss waveā€¦

Finished without items, the round is very fast, because of suicide counter from Cyprian, and 2nd Tibs is died.

Reward

Emblems all keep for now. Paladin maybe for Thorne, not sure though. I need blue emblems heroes. Trainer keep for now, still leveling Griffin at 3rd tier.

3 Likes

Tried again and failed again. lack of a general purpose healer is a real problem. slightly different lineup than last time, though.

wasnā€™t even really close, again, although i guess i almost had Richard down. terrible board didnā€™t help at all. Zulag was the last to fall, no surprise there. really donā€™t know how iā€™m going to finish this one without costume Boldtusk or some serious board luck. :man_shrugging:

not wasting 20 WE trying again. weā€™ll see what happens next time.

4 Likes

Do you have cyprian? With Cyprian beside Zulag, at least have a chance to deal damage.
And bring mana, heal, time stop, dragon, bombs, revive scroll maybe?

thanks, yeah, I have Cyprian - at 1/1. :laughing: heā€™s been way down the list of purple heroes to level for quite some time, but iā€™ll get to him eventually. i brought bombs, heal, mana potions, antidotes to cure attack debuff / blind, used almost all of them. yeah, maybe next time iā€™ll bring revive scrolls. or maybe a miracle scroll, i never use those for anything else.

1 Like

Took this no change used items.

Padalin storage monk joon trainer jackal 4

4 Likes

MY TEAM THIS TIME:

Really risky with no healers.

I arrived at the final stage without any problem and it was going fine, but suddenly the tiles didnā€™t come and Justice almost defeated my whole team. I had to use some objects to get the victory.

Trainer for Uraeus, paladin emblems for Vollermork (Voldemort for me) and the monk ones will be saved.

Take care. :wink:

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Heimdall +8
  • KISS Tiburtus +20
  • Joon +19
  • Thorne +16
  • Raffale 4^80

Today was ā€œuse your fun new heroes dayā€ at Casa del Weasel. Finished Heimdall and Raffale this week and wanted to try them out. Thorne is my only holdover from last time. (In hindsight, I also finished Justice last week and could have used her as well. :man_shrugging: )

Yes, Heimdall and Raff give me too much support and not enough attack. Raff stayed charged basically the entire first four waves, but I didnā€™t need him. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Donā€™t remember beans about how it went - was earlier this afternoon - other than I was significantly overhealed and only used Raff to clear Justiceā€™s blind-all. Bosses went down faster than expected for this bunch. New heroes get a :+1: from me. No idea what Iā€™ll do next time.

Paladin emblems take Heimdall up a talent. Monk emblems saved. Hoping to pull Yang Mai, but if not, Leonidas probably gets darts next and will make better use of emblems than Raff. Trainer hero to Gretel, whoā€™s apparently a quick study. Only 2^15, but her special is already 7/8!

3 Likes

MY TEAM:

Screenshot_2021-06-06-10-29-47-469_com.smallgiantgames.empires

I used the same team before the challenge.

It was very easy. However, I had to use some healing potions as the bosses focused on QoH in a row.

The trainer will go to Mist and the emblems will be saved.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

4 Likes