đŸ”” [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Fortitude - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

How’re you liking your +17 costumed Chao? I would be curious for the other Chao thread I had as mine isn’t, and won’t be soon, emblemed past +1.

:beers:

1 Like

Not as much as I had hoped. He’s pretty good on this trial, but even at +17, he doesn’t do much in PvP, and I have better mana control options for PvE. Only reason he is still emblems is for war depth.

1 Like

Does his normal option with costume bonus hit any harder?

1 Like

Haven’t used it in ages, but I went all attack with his base form emblems, and he was still pretty wimpy. I doubt the bonus will make much difference.

1 Like

must bite tongue about appalling abilities of vanilla mana controllers 

1 Like

Same team as last hansel has some bling now, no items used.

Cleric gonna give hansel one more node druid storage trainer gobbler :confused:

4 Likes

same team, same result: easy, no item, almost autoplay.
Everything in store, trainer to Zocc

3 Likes

These trials aren’t challenging the moment an emblemed 4* team is assembled and some basic thought is put into moving the tiles.

Of course, with limited 4* options, even if emblemed, items are required.

Did two accounts run this time.

Miy account team:

Gullinbursti (19) - cChao(17)-Caedmon (c5%, 18) - Melendor - cKelile (18).

Emblems on druid form of Kelile have almost no value since she is emblemed on attack path in base form.

Only 3 small mana pots used because thorn Companion minions messed up with the last board setup before the bosses, killing the last mob of the last wave. Had to load cChao.

As long as cChao is not targeted at Vivica and her nasty manashield, all is fine. Took a bit of time but Gullinbursti’s preset overheals made this fight a big joke. Most of the time bosses couldn’t even bring my characters below their original full health.

My gf’s account team:

Brienne (c5%)-Belith(c5%)-cChao (17) - Boril (18, c2%) - Melendor

Of course, with two 3* heroes the fight went much harder, had to use 6 minor mana potions, a dragon attack, 5 axes and 2 bombs.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change, MN is maxed and emblemed.
And I forget to bring Gulli+20 instead unemblemed lol :man_facepalming:

Battle

Decent start setup on boss wave, with all mana ready, some minion and boost HP.

Mist was died, but then revived, finished without time used

Reward

Emblems keep both for now, plan druid for 2nd Gulli, Cleric keep later maybe some for Ariel.
Trainer keep later for Tettutkh.

4 Likes

MY TEAM:

A team full of healers but three green heroes helped me so much.

I had to use some objects to kill Horghall. Once he died, the battle was slow but sure. Boril and Vivica weren’t a threaten at all.

The trainer will go to Zocc, the cleric emblems for MN to take her to node 17 and the druid ones will be saved.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

5 Likes

Went on with this. I was fun :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:.

Screenshot_20210509-215749_Empires

Druid emblems stored for Alby, Cleric emblems and trainer stored for later.

6 Likes

Weird combo this one
Last time the Pig was +7
Took out Elk 3/70 for Gazelle

Note: Fire the Pig before Gazelle other wise he won’t do damage :+1:

Little minions did a lot of damage too, but the boost from Gazelle is awesome
Loot saved

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Gullinbursti +18
  • Queen Sabina +20
  • Dodo Chao +17
  • Gafar +18
  • Candy Skittleskull +18

Same team as last time, but the pig is up 11 talents.

Was basically on auto-pilot for this one and don’t remember much. Lots to do for Mother’s Day with my wife, mom, both grandmothers, and mother-in-law. Didn’t manage to charge Gullinbursti as many times as last iteration, so massive overheal didn’t help as much. Did enter the boss wave with all specials charged. Took down Groot first. Sabina was useful for clearing/preventing Boril and Viv’s buffs. Timing was kinda off for Gafar for most of the fight. By the time I took down Boril, Viv was about ready to fall as well. Long slog, but nobody died and no items used, so no problem.

Druid emblems give a few talents to Kvasir. Cleric emblems saved for Hansel, and trainer goes to him as well. Looking forward to plugging him in for this trial next time around.

3 Likes

MY TEAM:

I took c. Renfeld to this trial for the first time.

It was really easy. As usual, stealing Boril’s counterattack and Horghall hardly could charge due to my c. Renfeld.

Trainer to Zocc, cleric emblems to Ariel and the druid ones will be saved.

There a reset token.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

5 Likes

I have to confess these trials are getting more and more boring by the time. Same bosses every month, same team used every single time (because of consistent lack of valid alternatives or absolute boredom in even trying to put up a different team), i just know before even starting how it’s going to be, cause it’s what happening since
 like forever? I’m not autoplaying them, but definitely feels like it.
This time i didn’t even care to block Boril’s riposte or Vivica’s healing/def up. I knew that firing two gullinburstis on repeat and putting a riposte on Boril myself would eventually give me a certain and safe victory and so it went (exactly like it is going since last year?). To try something different, i triggered enemy Boril and dumped on him all my tiles and still my heroes never went under 100% health.
That’s a part of the game painfully stagnant, that we play only because of emblems and free 3* trainer. Otherwise i doubt anyone would waste any minute on it. It desperately needs an upgrade, an update, something. Change the heroes, include new ones, costumes, other seasons, challenges. Or at least end a cycle and change the pairings of classes. Mix things up, renew it. Offer the chance to play the classic trial as it is or an improved, more difficult one for seasoned players or for those who are bored to death and decay of playing since the beginning of times with the same setup, automatically ready as you open the quest, month after month. Whatever, but please do something.
It’s unacceptable that we players have to come up with fake challenges or purposefully choose to use “weak” heroes to enjoy this trials a bit more.

Complain apart, druid emblems went to Vela, Trainer i think will go to Zocc, reset token gladly accepted, cleric stored for future 5*. See you when i’ll have something different to say from what i’ve been saying about the trials. As of now, i could quote my previous messages and still describe exactly what’s happened

5 Likes

New team :slight_smile: gaffa and hansel out thanks guys Malicna and elk in nearly finshed so thought bring along.
No items used.

Druid storage, cleric Malicna take to +7 trainer elk.

5 Likes

I debated whether I should put Master Lepus and C. Sonya in my team, but decided against them because one of the final bosses is Horghall. So, I went with the following team for this emblem quest:

I tried not using any battle items to complete the quest. However, in the middle of the boss battle, the tiles dried up, so I needed to use a time stop to prevent Vivica from healing everyone and Boril from casting his riposte. It was the only battle item I used throughout the fight.

I was happy to get the emblems. I already put the Druid emblems on Master Lepus for his 10th talent node; meanwhile, I am not sure on whom to use my Cleric emblems next, as I do not intend yet to take Reuben beyond the 7th talent node. I saved the trainer hero for any hero leveling project I wish to complete the last few levels immediately. And it’s been a while since I last saw a Reset emblem in these quests. :grinning:

4 Likes

Gulli made it easy this time. Usually I had to bomb vivica, as it just took way to long, but this time, horghall was the last to go.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Swap Alby to Hansel, to make more damage power.

Battle

Decent board and skill ready in boss wave.

A little longer to fight, Mist and Caedmon died, but revived.
Finished without items.

Reward

Still the same since last month.
Trainer keep later maybe for Margaret, need more tonic and also still not sure to ascend her, but will try her at 3.70.

4 Likes

After my failure last time, I’ve maxed Mist, and it occurred to me that i could take costume Skittles in. I thought, maybe i now have a chance. So, the team:

Just noticed this when i uploaded the pic, i seriously need to remember to fix troops for trials. Skittles should have gotten the ninja troop, and i have a good attack troop for Kadilen also.

the result:

woohoo! i finished this one for the first time. I thought I’d have to wait until i got Malicna to 3/70, but this worked just fine. The board seriously dried out of green tiles for a very long time in the middle of the fight, and i wasn’t paying enough attention and the attack debuff from the bombs wore off, and the bosses slashed Mist to death. d’oh! They were pretty close to finished though. One time stop to prevent Horghall and Vivica firing at the same time. Mana potions to Mist to keep her debuffs going. I used two bombs for attack debuff and another two to finish off Vivica and prevent her from ruining my success at the end. Horghall still wasn’t a piece of cake. He hits super hard after the buff, and he went off one more time and almost killed Brienne and Skittles, but i had Rigard ready to go and bounced back.

Hey look!

a reset emblem! Trainer to cCaedmon, Druids from the event and here to Kadilen to take her to +17 and i’ll be done with her. Clerics for Rigard #2 or saved for Malicna.

7 Likes