⚖️ [Master Discussion] - Tower of Styx Event - FAQ, Discussion & Summons!

This is the worst event by far since I started playing 18+ months ago. Bosses hit comically hard even in Normal difficulty, item restrictions are more aggressive, the Soul Grasps can come 3+ at a time, blessings are limited, underpowered, and broken (yeah, the 250 HP per turn one? Only 250 HP every five turns! With blessing slots being so limited, that’s back-breaking), and the rewards tiers are a joke, just like other tower events. This isn’t worth the premium items and gems to get past every single Impossible stage. Probably won’t even bother playing this event in the future; it’s just an unreasonable slog.

Just finished impossible level 25, albeit inefficiently. Last 10 levels were a long slog - about 15 minutes per level.

Level 16-20: Ariel, Miki, Kingston, Ferant, Motega
Level 21-25: Ariel, Xnolphod, Kingston, Lady of the Lake, Motega

I was just trying to chip away at health using Motega’s fiend perma-blind, LOTL’s mana cut and Kingston’s attack down to keep my heroes alive. Soul grasp was useful in the first 4 waves to build up boosted health too.

10 paladin emblems and 3 tower coins for all that effort. Doable, but you need the right heroes and a LOT of time on your hands. I don’t think I’ll attempt it again.

4 Likes

Used this team and focused on Erebus in the boss stage.

3 Likes

Franz is great/essential for several of the bosses in this event.

1 Like

Level 23. Tested using Lepiota to keep sending the bosses into Ghost form. Not optimal time wise but didn’t lose any heroes :joy:

2 Likes

Same situation. I was hoping to at least get the holy 4*… Nope… But i got nyx and her chubby thighs and I’m more than happy.

2 Likes

I’m F2P. I used three flasks earlier because I failed to read and thought there were 50 levels in impossible like other towers.

I finished the tower but it was the hardest one. Normal monsters hit 700 to 850 on the last stage and a soul grasp dealt about 72% of normal max HP. I found myself using a hurricane and even titan banners during wave 1 just to keep my team alive… I’d also save a miracle scroll for the boss wave.

Heroes whose damage are not reliant on enemies having low defense were essential for me. Riposte bypasses defense. Also Carol is a big damage dealer since her present blows up each turn and damage is the same regardless of the turn reduction.

It was a good challenge. I got three defeats. The first being on impossible 9 where I realized I needed to change my strategy. Then on 22 partially due to failing to bring antidotes and again on 25 due to losing two heroes before the boss wave.

I’m gonna claim it’s the best tower since you only need flasks if you get defeat which I definitely believe many players can avoid with the right strategy and reasonable luck.

2 Likes

Is there no chest to open after completing the hard stages?

I looked and couldn’t find it, I don’t normally do the ninja or magic so not sure.

Tia.

1 Like

There is no chest at the end of impossible.

2 Likes

Thanks, disappointing because it never occurred to me.

Some of those lvls took me 20 minutes :joy:, shame, my bad!

3 Likes

I’m stuck on impossible Floor #24…not sure I have the heroes remaining that can get the job done. I was looking at the rankings…some guy had 2 fully maxed Xnolphod’s …That solves your mana issues pretty quick! I don’t have much in the way of strong mana controlling heroes.

1 Like

The last ten levels are taking way too long to battle through….
It’s like a full time job this …
So going to stick at floor 18
Good luck everyone

4 Likes

Congrats to all who have finished impossible!
Currently I’m stuck on lvl 22 hard. Going for 4th attempt soon… and I see here that lvl 22 is giving a lot of us trouble. I’m trying to find the right combo. So far I’ve I tried this set :

Probably will exchange telly and Esme with someone else but not sure whom yet.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Here’s are my available heroes from the available classes…

Cleric:

Fighter

Monk/Palandin

Paladin

Rogue

Rogue/Sorcerer

This is closest I’ve ever come to completing impossible and I’d love to finish it. Any suggestions/Advice that you guys can give me would be awesome!

How the hell can you beat level 24? I don’t have a reflector other than azmia tp1 ot ferant tp1. Ferant can’t be used. 2k hits and 4k+ supers. Completely fks your team. Super infuriating. Lost 5x in a row.

1 Like

40 down, 10 to go.

It’s tough getting hit for over 3k.

Gullinbursti is my only over healer. I’m going to need him on 16-20.

I had a hard time understanding those that took >10 minutes per level on the other towers. Well now I definitely understand it.

3 Likes

If you lose heroes in the first few levels flee. I have on 22. That’s probably the best thing to do. Mana control, both for and against, ny type of silence and reposte too. It’s really maddening. Gonna check you tube soon to see if anyone has posted vids of the last few levels

1 Like

Unfortunately you will lose him on the last 5 levels

I have been bringing a miracle scroll and hurricanes. If I lose a hero early I just push on and then slow play the wave before the boss wave so I can revive and fill everyone’s mana/health.

Congrats on your Nyx @leejow! :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball: I’m happy for you! :smile:

1 Like

Do you remember order of the blessing you choose ? There is no -15% received damage and 2nd def stack for me even I finish floor 15.