šŸ† [MASTER] Covenant of Champions - FAQs, Team Discussion, Portal Stats & Summons!

The biggest challenge for me was bringing the wrong team several times because I couldnā€™t tell the formation! Good, diverse teams, challenging event. Level 10 was a bit of a downer after the challenge of 8-9, but overall I enjoyed it!

3 Likes

Itā€™s just a frustrating feeling to be a veteran of two, three years or longer and there are new events that just either steamroll you or which are beatable only by ā€œthe heck with strategy, Iā€™m going to zerg-rush with mono and WE flasks over and over and over and over and over and over and over until I get luckyā€

because these events arenā€™t for us

They are for people who have heroes mostly released in, say, the last six months.

I donā€™t think itā€™s entirely silly to feel like after spending multiple years in a game, trying to learn its ins and outs and develop some skill at it, to feel like maybe you should be able to figure out how to ā€œwinā€ at itā€¦.

ā€¦instead of ā€œwinningā€ being increasingly correlated with ā€œhow many of the best of the most recent heroes do you have.ā€

7 Likes

Why do you think so? There is no information about portal in the calendar.

Beat it. I do think itā€™s harder than last time. I think the early losses I had were from underestimating. I also switched to mono and that helped.

I was prepared to spend gems on 9 & 10 though. I figure for 150 gems (half a normal summon) I gain a 3rd on a special portal that has less S1ā€™s than usual. As a FTP that would be worth it IMO. Anyways, I got on a roll:

1 - clear
2 - clear
3 - two tries
4 - like 5 or 6 tries, it was ridiculous
5 - clear
SWITCH TO MONO (blue)
6 - clear
7 - clear
8 - 3 tries
9 - clear
10 - clear

Captain of Diamonds was huge for me on 8. Those minions get out of control fast. I would have beat 8 in two tries, but I didnā€™t notice I was blinded when I shot CoD to remove minions. He missed and that was that round. Dumb on my part.

When I didnā€™t have CoD in the 5 spot I used Perseus over Richard. Some levels had so many healers it was nice to prevent the hero I was focused on killing from being able to heal. His hit is decent too.

This is a super tile dependent event given you have no items. You canā€™t buy tile luck, so it is kind of equalizer in some ways.

Anyway, good luck to those still trying to finish. I am looking forward to my 6 pulls when the portal is back (saved from last time)

:beers:

EDIT:
Zagrog hits hard, holy smokes!

5 Likes

I had to switch to mono. I think where the booster enemies the most was damage output and HP. I normally am a 3-2 or 2-2-1 player, but I just could not get enough damage to kill them. They would be alive with a sliver of health all the time.

Perhaps the boost was to represent 85 +20 instead of a maxed hero or something :man_shrugging:

:beers:

2 Likes

See my predictions for November there. The covenant summon should come back around this 12th.

3 Likes

I wish our Zagrog hits that hard too in Raid.
Lol i wishā€¦ :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the support :hugs: :candle:

This ladies and gentlemen this is literally definition of money talks BS walks

No one called you a liar. The person was only saying that you were able to auto farm because all your heroes you took are paywall heroes.

2 Likes

Yes someone did

Kinda proves his point

1 Like

@Gwniver

For the last few stages I went yellow mono and it helpedā€¦ was able to complete the challenge.

2 Likes

I finally beat stage 8, using:
Kvasir
Rekhetre
Kalile
Tahir
Boldtusk

No LB, Tahir was 3/20.

Took like 6 tries but got a board with decent starting yellow tiles allowing me to block minions and get some overheal early on. By the time Kvasir died, I had already eliminated the middle 3 heroes and barely eeked out a win. This is definitely a challenge for F2P - probably not going to even attempt stage 9.

1 Like

Thank you forn the tip :rose: - Iā€™ll try sometime in the future again perhaps, once I (hope to) have better heroes :pray::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I canā€™t beat level 8.
I have a team that can beat it but i donā€™t get the tiles to win.
I have played the level over 30 times already. Everytime is the same story, i am forced to play tiles of colors i donā€™t have, they charge up very quickly. By the third round they are all charged with minions and counterattack skillā€¦

And like i said i have the team to beat it.

I first tried my auto team but by level 8 they run dry (three healers)

Then first try max damage output, first try.

Do damage before they get to you. Got to admit Penolite helped a lot (they canā€™t heal) and he does extra damage against summoners.

Have you got any minion counter heroes ? (Grimble, Gobbler, Bera, costume Gormekā€¦)
If yes, then you should use them.

They are very helpful, and using mono is also helpful. (But yes, you need a good board to charge your heroes fast.)

I used Rigard, Sergei, costume Quintus, Grimble and Beta to beat that stage.

1 Like

I used Devana to get rid of the minions giving counter attack.
Try with an anti minion hero if you have. Devana also helped get rid of that 450hp Seshat minionsā€¦

Got mine Sunday. I was hoping Capt. of Diamonds would be enough but the blue troops all took the day off so he didnā€™t even fire.

Finished.

8: C.Frank got up to ten stacks and I slowly won
9: took 3 tries, eventually using 4 holy heroes
10: took two tries. Used mostly red heroes the second time.

I didnā€™t particularly enjoy the process. Itā€™s worse than a regular raid.
I canā€™t use my coins right now.
I like the idea of trying to take down different families of heroes. But this is a bad design of an okay idea.

3 Likes