[Master] Costume Changing Bug - Changing a Costume Elsewhere During Preparation Phase affects War / Tournament Defence Team

I’d like an option to lock my war defense in the preparation phase so that i don’t have to remember equipping costumes back before the start, because i usually fail to do so.

1 Like

This would be a quality of life improvement in my opinion. A few times lately I have set my defense team in raid tournaments using costumed heroes. However, before the tournament started, I equipped/unequipped the costume to do a raid or hit a titan. Now, currently, when we equip/unequip the costume, the hero in the raid tournament defense is also affected. This caused the tournament to start with the wrong team. The same is happening today with my war defense team. I put Vivica without the costume in my war defense, but want to use her with the costume for raids. I’m afraid to change cause I don’t want to forget to change it back.

In my opinion, war and raid tournament defense teams should be separate from the rest.

Thanks.

I thought war defense teams were already locked in. It would be good to get a warning when equiping/unequiping costumes if the hero is on a defense of some kind.

I thought they were as well. An alliance member asked this same thing. Can a mod answer for sure? I would like clarification to take back, please. :blush:

They are locked in after war starts. I would like it to be locked in from the moment you set it up. You would be able to change it on your war lineup, but otherwise if you equipped the costume, it shouldn’t affect your war team.

3 Likes

Can’t agree more with your opinion.

1 Like

I agree, this should be as a feature, so war defense should be locked all the time, means since preparation until the war begin and end.

War defense should be as a seperate fixed slot. If this cannot happen, please add a popup with text like this: “Your War Defense is changed! Please setup again if you will to revert back!”

3 Likes

I can confirm this is the case and i would like to stres sone more thing.

Why can’t we change costume when preparing our team. It is a terrible design by UI/X team. They allow you to define your team prior to attack but if you need to switch costume, you are required to leave that interference and go to Hero’s just for the sake of changing costumes.

This should also be corrected and costumes shall be allowed to be chosen during attack preparation step.

Is there a way to make it so that it fixes the costumes so they lock when you set your war defense team. The problem is I set my team the way I want. It sits there for 24 hours. I go do a raid and change the costume and it changes my war defense… really annoying problem. I realize they are like clothes and I need to dress and undress the hero’s… I would just like to see this be a option in the future, locking your war d.

1 Like

This is still happening - if you put a costume hero in tourney defense or war defense or regular defense but use the other version of that hero during a raid, it’ll change it in your defense. Once war or tourney starts they get locked but in regular defense they never get locked in the form you set, it’s whatever is equipped at the moment. It’s happened to me so many times that I meant to use a certain version for tourney or war defense but forgot to change it back after raiding. Or I’m in conflict because I wanted different versions for different defenses. Please fix this bug, we should be able to lock in which version we want on defense but still have the freedom to play with both versions on offense without changing your defense inadvertently.

3 Likes

I made a “feature request” concerning this two weeks ago: Allow player to freely choose hero costume separately for each team

I think this is the most frustrating aspect of the game currently. What’s more I do not see any monetary gain or other reason for SGG to keep the current behaviour. It is just complete nuisance to change costumes back and forth. Example: Want to use costume Kiril for titan attack to have defense down ability, while having the Kiril in other teams for attack up buff. Why cannot I set once the titan team and have others (especially defense teams) not affected? Or the class quests - one often has to choose costumes there because of the class, and thus mess up everything else. And then when changing back the hero disappears from the class quest team.

3 Likes

Hello.
I just want to adress the problem with costumes in tournament defense teams. It seems ridiculous to me that once the tournament team is picked, it is not locked for costumes. For example, in this weeks tournament I chose costume rigard in my defense team (it’s buff booster so why not), and a few hours later, while raiding, I picked my regular Rigard and it changed my tournament rigard also to regular, without costume.
And this happens very often, thus ruining the chances of my defense getting a good grade.

Screenshot_20210125_163236

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Suggestion] Treat costumes like troops, locked in/equipped per team

Check this out:

1 Like

in my Raid Tournament setup I chose Kiril without Costume (for the Bonus Buff). While I was playing the mythic Titan with Kiril Costume it changed and logged Kiril Costume also in the Raid Tournament Setup. Ridiculous. I cannot change it anymore, although I setup Kiril without Costume. My whole Tournament Defense is now f*** up, because of the Non Bonus Buff from Kiril Costume.
This problem occurs pretty often I suppose, right???

Please read:

Not a bug, you cannot use the same here with a costume and without a costume unless you have two of them leveled. If you have one Kiril, any change to the costume will affect all line ups containing him. If you go to your hero roster and equip costume, it should fix your tournament defense.

nope, look here

My story is much better:
I went to mythic titan and chose cKiril, but did not yet play, because no time yet.
I saw that tournament Kiril had switched to cKiril, so I changed back to Kiril.
Later I went to mythic titan and played my best team without noticing Kiril had changed. 390K.
I switched to cKiril and played again with 20% less attack, 411K, slightly missing Top1%.
Later I saw that tournament had started and guess who is in my defense?

This happen to me earlier too with CRigard… :slight_smile:

1 Like