[Master] Costume Changing Bug - Changing a Costume Elsewhere During Preparation Phase affects War / Tournament Defence Team

Check this out:

1 Like

in my Raid Tournament setup I chose Kiril without Costume (for the Bonus Buff). While I was playing the mythic Titan with Kiril Costume it changed and logged Kiril Costume also in the Raid Tournament Setup. Ridiculous. I cannot change it anymore, although I setup Kiril without Costume. My whole Tournament Defense is now f*** up, because of the Non Bonus Buff from Kiril Costume.
This problem occurs pretty often I suppose, right???

Please read:

Not a bug, you cannot use the same here with a costume and without a costume unless you have two of them leveled. If you have one Kiril, any change to the costume will affect all line ups containing him. If you go to your hero roster and equip costume, it should fix your tournament defense.

nope, look here

My story is much better:
I went to mythic titan and chose cKiril, but did not yet play, because no time yet.
I saw that tournament Kiril had switched to cKiril, so I changed back to Kiril.
Later I went to mythic titan and played my best team without noticing Kiril had changed. 390K.
I switched to cKiril and played again with 20% less attack, 411K, slightly missing Top1%.
Later I saw that tournament had started and guess who is in my defense?

This happen to me earlier too with CRigard… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If only there was a dialog box warning you it will be changed on other teams….

Oh, right, there is.

I did know that changing cKiril to Kiril will mess up the other team. Still I forgot it, because there were two hours in between. There was no dialog box after two hours reminding me that I changed costumes. That would have helped me. :wink:

From my experience, complexity of a system is roughly proportional to the number of problems that arise. And costumes implementation so far feels a bit unnecessary to me, esp. if costumes have completely different effect than the original hero. Like a new hero. I would have expected similar special effects and more than 1 costume per hero. Currently, I just have to not forget switching costumes while giving emblems to my second c/Kiril seems a bit expensive just to workaround having wrong costumes/heroes.

Don’t get me wrong. I feel it worth some minutes to give a funny story here that happened. In the end, devs have to see what they can do or not. In fact I have other features in mind that I would consider more important than this one. So far, I have successfully been changing teams for about a year without any problem. This time I fell into the trap. :smiley:

Except… There isn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

If the hero is ONLY equipped on your Raid Tournament Defence or War Defence & not in any of your other teams, there isn’t a warning dialog box:

I got the warning Sunday for a hero that was only on my team for the trial. And I’d completed the trial.

I don’t recall if I got it for another hero who was on my war defense.

Why when I change the Magni costume in titan team, the change is effective in my war Defence?
I not like this

We believe this to be working as intended, but if you experience this we would need to Support ticket with as much detail as possible. How to Contact Support (Version 31 Onwards)

It is bumming me out you can’t equip a costume in war, without it applying it to the hero in your raid defense…. Double you tea effigy E&P!

Please make this feature autonomous and increase flexibility of costume application.

Thank you

It’s working as intended we are asking for a fix please. If I put a hero in war it should lock it in so I can go use my costume in the trials and not change my war team.

2 Likes

Allow me to set a confirmed costume for my war defense team that doesn’t change. This wreaks havoc on the entire game play. For example I use non-equipped Viv for defense boost on my war team, but use her costume for titan attacks. At least once/week I either forget to change back my war team or I attack a titan without the negative defense buff. This is maddening and seems like it would be an easy fix.

So I’ve read the entire 49 post string. After two years of asking for this simple adjustment it still hasn’t been made?

1 Like

We’ve been asking for two years to fix this issue. Setup this week’s tournament defense with LB Vivica as my tank. At some point I equipped her costume. That makes her a worthless tank for this buff battle. This is absolutely ridiculous. When we set up raid or war defenses allow us to lock the costume of choice. We’ve been asking for two years. Do better

2 Likes

It is and they plan to add 2 costumes to the hero’s and have marked this as solved so they are not even looking at this sorry :disappointed:

It’s not as simple programming as locking a hero in it’s their clothes yada yada answers

It’s frustrating but apparently it’s on us

this bug still is on, shame as this effect very important part of game, so i was thinking to set 2 days my defense in raid tournament and all my speculation is gone as this morning upon attack of titan i changed costum of panter to regular one (on titan atack) my raid defense is changed to regular panther… i im still frustrated by this :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: