šŸ° [MASTER] Old (Wolf and Raven version) - Clash of Knights Alliance Quest ā€“ Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

Oh and to add. Since all Iā€™m doing is complaining.
The new hero of the month looks real awesome. Iā€™m sure there will soon be so many threads on how he will need to be ā€˜enhancedā€™ that we will all look back at the telluria threads with quaint remembrances

Got ludwig and esme :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: both 3* and two 4* as well, very happy

6 Likes

Sad to say, but exactly my thoughts the last few roundsā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

These heroes are not even arrived for a second round of testing eitherā€¦ Just the Quest.

2 Likes

And epic reward :see_no_evil:

Difficulty, still far easier than normal challenge events. Although it starts a little bit harder and the last levels are far easier. Overall still no real challenge. And once more, always take your antidotes with you, or you burn faster away as you would think.
Team used boldtusk, wilbur, falcon, Scarlett, colen c. All without emblems. Troops unleveled- lvl 5.

So itā€™s not the complete joke rare was (only difficulty, the reward is :poop:) but I would say still one of the easiest things in this game. Epic challenge events, even some epic seasonal events if you only use 4* heroes and many quest lvls(limit break, costume chamberā€¦) with similar TP recommendation are harder.

Only thing, the riposte mobs (can they still be called mobs if they have a special skill?) can be dangerous, so either take a healer with you and just continue hitting them, a dispeller or kill them with items.

6 Likes

Lidenbrock is really strong in this challenge. Infinite turns of overheal

2 Likes

This disadvantage for small alliances is unacceptable!!!

2 Likes

The rankings are not showing. I know these are usually live and ongoing.
@PlayForFun is there a glitch that you are aware of?

1 Like

Staff is aware of it.
Actually they have turn it off as per this post:

Once they have fixed what needs fixing they will turn back I suppose.

6 Likes

O donā€™t think so really, you need only 10 mid level players to unlock all 3 tiers really.
The stages of epic and rare are so easy, and I think it is to help smaller alliances to open all stages.

1 Like

I thought he was Meh! but then saw your comments on Ferant location/profile and if it works with minions, it can be a great heroe. 10% each minion attack and/or normal attacks will be a lotā€¦ and 5 turnsā€¦ definitively I will test him.

My 10x was trying any 5* or Bertulf, he would replace my blind Ranvir

1 Like

Initial thoughts on event:

Definitely one of the better new ones.
I like it and the idea there of.

End (ranking) rewards seems balanced and fair.

Bit frustrating to wait for the alliance to do their bit (i am just the eager beaver in the group).

Qol improvement:

I would like to see my alliance mates score per difficulty level, you know for bragging rights.

Popcorn viewing:

The avengers have been kings of Mythic titans and GGWP kings of monthly events and towers.
Who will come out on top?

3 Likes

If you speak about completion rewards, those are awful. Just compare a regular challenge event where you get six 3* non-farmable ascension mats plus 450 emblems upon completion (not even talking about the coins, letā€™s say those are ok). Here you get three random ā€œguaranteedā€ 3* ascension mats from three different chests, which in many cases turn out to be farmable ones. An immediate huge downgrade.

In addition, you have to stay in the same alliance for 120 hours to get your rewards. This means a ton of food lost from failed mercing. And as we know, food is a valuable commodity, even sold by SG for real $ash. This food loss doesnā€™t occur in a regular challenge event, where you are still free to merc as you wish while the event goes on.

There are other issues with the event of course, however I will not bother to account for each and every one of them.

2 Likes

I meant the ranking rewards (edited my original post) i do not merc at all so do not take that into consideration but can fully see the frustration on that.

You can share them the devs may not look at them but the community always values opinions

Since reading up about the OP 3* in this event I thought you know what, I wonā€™t ignore it with dignity, I will do a little light summoning. Hopefully I will get both and wouldnā€™t say no to a 4* or two.

First 10-summon: Esme and Wren (plus 2 x 4* and 6 x 3* food). Delighted to receive Wren, astonished to see Esme. I understand sheā€™s not the most amazing legendary but I wonā€™t say no. She will queue behind Alexandrine and Frankā€™s costume for my attention.

This is good, but I still didnā€™t have those tasty 3*. So I bought the offers (yes, all 6 of them, good thing my mortgage is paid off) and did the 6 token pulls. Elena (!), Ferant (!!!), Boril, Quenell (!!!), Scarlett and Bertulf (!!!). I will be finishing Phileas Fogg soon and think I may shuffle Quenell ahead of Elradir. Wren ahead of both I think, elbowing Anton out of the way (not quite decided on that).

That was even better, but I hoped for the dark healer. Fortunately with the gems from the offer I had enough for a second 10-pull. Richard (!), second Wren, and Aderyn, hurrah! with 7 x 3* food. Keeping the second Wren for now, see how the first one runs.

I would call that an extremely satisfactory outcome. Stopping right there and celebrating. Richard and Elena are unwanted dupes but it just made the whole thing feel a bit more successful somehow. I didnā€™t want a dupe Russell and I didnā€™t get one, so that was ok.

Now to have a go at actually playing the eventā€¦!

6 Likes

Hereā€™s my post from beta to show how much opinion matters to devs when they read it.

• So this is basically using same old event structure. Itā€™s nothing new. Thereā€™s no ā€œteamā€ activity here. Literally - noneā€¦ Even in a 4 year old wars we can at least finish a battle that someone else started etc. In titans we can pause so all the alliance members can have their hit etc. Itā€™s really low level of cooperation, but itā€™s there at leastā€¦ and hereā€¦ years and millions earned afterā€¦ thereā€™s no improvement to the experience at all. Same old event we just rank based on the sum of individualsā€¦
  • ā€¦which leads me to my other point. There are alliances who are perfectly fine playing with less than 30/30 people. There are alliances who have low cup members because it is someoneā€™s girlfriend/kid/friend. Mythic Titans already hindered competition of those alliances, but you could argue - the rolls and rewards there arenā€™t really all that much differentā€¦ Who cares if some whales get 50 more emblems to bring their 50th hero up few nodes. Still, even in my alliance, we had bad atmosphere and players threatening to leave after we didnā€™t make it to top 100 alliance scores ONCE. In this event, on the other hand, the rewards are top tier - aethers make all the difference now, and will continue to do so for years to come. Imagine the frustration and disappointment after you lost your rolls for them because an alliance member underperformedā€¦ and in the end, despite it being labelled as ā€œalliance questā€, no one could do nothing to give them a hand! In wars, our weaker teammates are the ā€œfinishersā€ after someone failed attack and they may feel usefulā€¦ hereā€¦ only burdens.
  • ā€¦my end point here is - as for something thatā€™s supposed to be ā€œalliance questā€, thereā€™s practically nothing fun to do here with your alliance team matesā€¦ but thereā€™s plenty of reasons to get frustrated because of alliance team matesā€¦ I donā€™t think this is what will help building team spirit, quite the opposite honestly.
  • I liked one of the ideas above to have the rewards here tiered by score achieved, similar to how PoV works, but with Total Score instead of Valor Points. So gather more points to unlock better rewards, instead of having to compete with other alliancesā€¦ it still wouldnā€™t add anything new to the gameplay but at least would be something new and would help addressing some of the frustrationā€¦
  • as for the difficulty level - I donā€™t know, I have mixed feelings. I understand why you want to make it easier so more people can complete, but on the other hand, I was able to finish most of the levels by using battle items only - didnā€™t even have to wait for a good board or care about my picks! So where is the field to compete and beat the score here?
  • the trap effect is very underwhelming and I do not see any point of it, really, other than forcing player to waste 1 slot for antidotes. Itā€™s 2021, we deserve better? With Circus and Slayers you showed thereā€™s some creativity still to discoverā€¦ I really expected a new special tile that I would have to get rid off in time etc.
  • are the rewards for completing rare and epic expected in live game or placeholders? because even the good old events were FAR more generous than this ā€¦ why are the rewards worse? our needs for all sort of crafting and ascension mats are actually increasingā€¦

I really donā€™t want to be all complaining, usually try to find some positives even when others go full negative, but this one hereā€¦ I really have a feeling that it should either be scrapped or GREATLY redesigned and improved before coming back. Many players, and definitely most of us end game players really only feel engaged on the alliance activities (titans, wars, mythic titans) - this is really no space to take shortcuts or deliver rushed content - it may turn into a great failure and disappointment.

[ā€¦]

I wonā€™t bother posting my elaborates on hero balancing or family bonus. I feel like a fool for wasting time writing those, as itā€™s pretty much obvious SG does not want to have balanced heroes in gameā€¦ so why waste time with balancing suggestions. With next event heroes I may as well straight suggest increasing everyoneā€™s damage to 1000% and add heal 750 HP per turn passive.

25 Likes

Really donā€™t like the rewards being random chance. There should be a set reward for each completed tier.

With the end of events being random as well you could bust a gut for your alliance and end up with a pile of trash.

7 Likes

Maybe it will be a little off but man, I love the character designs here. The circus event heroes wasnā€™t my favourites so Iā€™m happy for there is a theme I love so much :smiley:

4 Likes

At least I, extremely enjoyed reading your musing about the new event. So donā€™t call it a total waste of time :wink:

My conclusion is pretty similar, although overall maybe a little bit less negative, because the alliance part is not that pressuring for me. If we land top 1k great, if not we probably wonā€™t die. With myth Titan we score top 1k 4 out of 5 colors.

I got trap tools from finishing normal mode

1 Like