[MASTER] Are you having trouble completing stages of Gargoyles?

Thanks to all but @Sam-I-Am Thank you the most. You gave me ideas and a hint and helped me now actually very well :pray::+1::+1::shamrock:

5 Likes

So glad i could help! it was very frustrating to me until i figured out that you intentionally want to ‘trip the meter’ so that it resets. understanding how that worked really made the last level go so much more smoothly. the three turns of stoneskin honestly isn’t much concern, really, compared to the fact that you simply cannot ever let Goseck fire his special. :slight_smile:

good luck! :shamrock:

3 Likes

You’re giving the creator of the topic too big of a challenge. He isn’t able to play on such severe restrictions :slight_smile:

Here. Enjoy. Keep in mind, even like that it’s not easy and it’s not 100% guaranteed to work. But most of the cases it will, provided you are careful and patient enough:

2 Likes

Great idea about Frantz, his special ensures the damage of the carpet bombing.

I completed Epic before this but decided to try for a better score. Not having Wilbur or Cillian, I went for the simple red team of Gomek, Falcon, C Colen, plus Lancelot and Frantz. One full round of damage got the job done.

1 Like

Thank you @Saros !! :+1::shamrock:

1 Like

After my first attempt, I tried again with the same team, but with axes and bombs and mana, and a better understanding of the stoneskin. Still, Goseck fired at low health (unfortunate cascade charged him) and left me with just 3 heroes in the red left… Then I just bombed and axed the remaining health away.

5 Likes

@NotVixx :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: exactly!!!

1 Like

very nice to see it is possible for newbie with limited roster to finish this too thx

2 Likes

I used the below teams for epic and legendary. For me stopping the specials was key. The overheal helped keep everyone alive.

2 Likes

I had a heck of a time completely epic. I ended up using C-Rigs, C-Sabina, 2x Proteus, and Tiburtus. I focused on keeping Proteus up 100% of the time, which while extremely drawn out, wasn’t that hard.

1 Like

Not even when i was level 50 player didnt use so many bomb attacks, axes and mana potions to finish the last EPIC stage.
First they make the towers Literally impossible for many to finish.
Then the challenge events with their crazy statuses and ailments.
Come on SG its supposed to be fun not frustration.

2 Likes

This is the team I used to complete Epic with relative ease. As most people have stated, it was the mana control and overheal that helped me most. Good luck all!

3 Likes

After losing epic 10 for 4-5 times I was like screw it, let’s bring in the counterattackers. Gosseck freaking died in 1 hit. Ah, sweet revenge

5 Likes

I skipped rare, this is very time consuming, but here is the team that beat epic:

Mana control and overheal.

Same concept in legendary but Leo +20 came in place of Chao and I could also use time stops. While taking a while, it was also easier. I was never in threat of losing in legendary 10. I also dropped Ferent for Seshat.

I am glad it worked for you, I had zero luck and quit on Ferent. IDK what was happening, but the riposte damage was so low most the time, like under 100, I assume because of Stoneskin that it wasn’t worth the 10% meter trigger. His A value being low I just dropped him. Seshat was working better for me. I preferred the minions.

Maybe I was doing something wrong because I thought riposte would be good, but it was just NOT happening for me.

Oddly enough, epic 8 and legendary 8 were much harder for me than 9 and 10 too :man_shrugging:

Good luck to those still playing it!

:beers:

1 Like

Nice to see you and here mate!!:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:
Angell

1 Like

You need to use Franz with 2 counterattackers like mine. Gosseck will always be the first to die from that

1 Like

Unfortunately, even being a whale for years, now i do not follow all updates with bucks, hence i find it yet again extremely frustrating to put out impossible challenges. WTF is gargoyles hitting only TWICE Boldtusk to get it killed, lvl 75/20 for all upgrades on defense, plus a defense flag on him?! JUST WHAT?! Plus what is f* stoneskin - hits for only a single dmg, but got mana filled to max per 2 rounds?! How i had my all sorts of team dies with gargoyles still at MAXIMUM health?! Just what are my chances without newly added (and not owned) extra-freakin-special dudes or dudettes?! Small Giant has done it again GGRRRGRGRRRR - Negative Impulse Psychology, you have NO power on me. I rather buy a chocolate bar :laughing:

2 Likes

Check in the F2P Rebellion thread. Most people have beat it and use lots of 4’s and S1’s. I posted my teams just above. Lots of people willing to help there if you post your roster.

I don’t understand how Franz helps the riposters. Franz boosts your own teams A value and riposte is based purely on reflected damage your hero receives regardless of the enemies D value (aside from stoneskin apparently).

Congrats on getting Franz too. I tried for him. Ended up with Ferent, who is still good but fills a different role than what I was hoping. :man_shrugging:

:beers:

1 Like

I thought any damage increases with the damage amplifier?

Had to do legendary twice, but it was fine.