[Master] - Are talent / ability odds fake? -- Excessive Dodge/ Revive/ Resist/ "Flesh Wound" etc

@FrancescoDarkness maybe you could tell us which heroes you think are not working properly.

As an example like it was said before. Lets say you have the Ranger talent “bypass” at 10%

So only every 10 of that colour it would trigger. But: using two heroes of the same colour means, that the bypass ability only triggers every 20th tile (because only about “half” of the attacking troops come from your talented bypass hero)

Using 3 of a kind = every 30th tile
Playing mono = every 50th tile

Similar effect is that using critical troops does NOT stack. So three troops with 15% crit dont resuot in 45% crit.
Playing moni with those three critical troops with 15% crit each (and two mana troops effectively) makes it about 9% critical tils overall.

Well, I put a video here where the guradian Jackal will never do anything, and when his opponents have him, I usually don’t hit him a few times, I also don’t know what his talents are because I haven’t seen her use one. The only one who knows that he uses one is Joon and that’s why I only play with him that he would not deviate the accuracy of the opponent’s attack as I write in the description, and I wouldn’t revive it either. KINGSTON also nothing and I’m not saying how it works for an opponent. I asked about it already in the forum and they said that they do not have full talents, so I have already made them to 20 and the problem is the same. And in the second video at the end, the purple liana puts 888 over the dice hit that’s what?

I dont see any issue here.

the revive chance of joon is 30% and its very likely to not see it happening.
Guardian shakal has only 20% chance to Dodge an special attack.
Vivicas mana talent cant trigger because none of your enemies uses any kind of manacontrol on her.
Lianna has only few talents and her pierce chance should be about 10%, so 9 out of 10 times it wont happen…

1 Like

Videos only prove an example of bad luck. It’s hard to prove something that is RNG based isn’t working correctly. It seems to work for others so it’s hard not to conclude its just RNG.

There is only a percentage of times that the talent will kick in. I watched your first video and saw this:
Guardian Jackal got hit multiple times with specials and didn’t dodge, but that is just bad luck.
Joon was hit a few times with Drake Fong, and resisted being blinded once, out of 4 times I think, which is about average
Vivica was hit twice with Bera’s mana cut on death and resisted it once.

Looks like the talents are working.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, I just don’t understand that the guardian has a 20% chance but out of 4 matches in a row not once and I can’t put all the videos here and 20% it’s not with me by chance he has it very rarely, and Joon hasn’t revived even once in a while what I have him. So I don’t understand

If I understand correctly, even if I put 10 visions here without it working, is it still considered bad luck? But that doesn’t build much confidence in the game afterwards. But then I’m not surprised that I’ve read a lot of criticism here. Then you can’t plan an attack at all if I don’t know if Heroes can support me or if he doesn’t support even one of the 10 attacks.

But I don’t think so much because, as I wrote, joon only does this one with that hand, no revival and no one would hit him. Well, I will make videos with other heroes as well, because this was just an example. And what is considered bad luck? If you look better at those videos then the opponents red has almost 100% efficiency of his abilities and I’m unlucky. I don’t really believe it because if it was to be RMG then it should sometimes work for me too, right? Over the last year, I haven’t noticed that I’m just getting closer to the percentages that heroes have, and not yet to make it work.

In the first video:

At 2:50, Joon’s Withstand works against Drake’s Blind
At 5:55, Joon’s Withstand works against poison damage from Bera’s minion
At 6:10, Vivica’s Manashield resists the mana loss from Bera dying

Jackal’s Evade didn’t kick in, but that’s not unusual, it isn’t an extremely high percentage and well within reason that he will die from being hit by snipers. It looks like it failed four times… which the odds of failure being 80%, means that 0.8x0.8x0.8x0.8 = 40% of the time, it will fail four times in four tries. :slight_smile: So it’s not even THAT bad luck, barely worse than a coin flip.

Looks like everything is functioning normally.

Good gaming!

3 Likes

So, I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. You went in with Regular Joon, whose talent is to resist status ailments, which he did twice as noted by @Fizban (one poison and one blind).
When you talk about the opponent’s red, are you talking about Black Knight? His SPECIAL is taunt and has a 50% chance of reducing the damage to 1. His TALENT as a barbarian is to do bleeding damage, which he may have pulled off a couple of times, but generally, bleeding damage isn’t a game breaker. Just going through the beginning of the first video, I count 4 slash attacks by Black Knight with no bleeding damage. It wasn’t until the fifth one where it occurred.

The problem is that it’s not a failure 4 times in a row, but more because I would have to put a video here that would take 30 minutes to capture when he would do talent. I’m just saying that the purpose of the game is to improve the heroes to make them stronger and to make talents more likely to make them work. So when I make him to level 20 and he doesn’t use their three matches, he loses the meaning of doing so. I’m mainly interested in abilities that my heroes never did (Joon never came to life - more than 1000 matches, Melandron never had a helping life - more than 1000 matches) and I can continue like this when I see that he usually has a great and I never do I don’t think it’s bad luck.

That is correct. All heroes, except trainers, are all obtained unleveled. But they have enough stats and skills to either do regular tile damage, or damage, heal or provide support from their skills. We improve them by leveling and ascending these heroes whereby its stats and skill potency improve further until they get maxed, both hero card and hero skills. That was what we have before.

With the advent of emblems and talents from 10 hero classes, we futher improve our heroes by adding specific stats, may it be attack, defense, health, as well as the critical, healing and mana bonuses. These alone strengthens the heroes being provided with emblems. On top of that, while embleming, our heroes acquire additional talents based on the capabilities of each classes, i.e. Barbarian’s Wound, Wizard’s Jinx, Paladin’s Protect, Monk’s Withstand, Fighter’s Revive, Ranger’s Pierce, Druid’s Companion, Rogue’s Evade, Cleric’s Manashield and Sorcerer’s Delay. But bear in mind that these class talents do not get activated at 100% rate, but only 15% - 35% of the time. And because of that low probability, players do not really rely on them for their game play. I know it’s annoying wasting massive damaging specials on rogue class heroes when their dodging talent kicks in (yeah, I am looking at you, you frickin Frigg), waste status ailments skills to monk class heroes as they neutralize them, or those pesky heroes of the fighter class who doesn’t seem to die and kept on reviving several turns in a row, but they don’t get activated very often and activates only when you least expect it. If you are relying heavily on these talents to make you win more on offense and defense, then you are certainly mistaken with that approach. Again, emblems improve the stats of your heroes, and maybe some other aspects of your hero like the mana bonus node or healing capability to itself as they make them hit harder or make them sturdier. The talents are just there to add a little spice in the game.

Understanding this concept of emblems and hero talents soon will aid you in moving on and improve your gameplay.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

And he never will, because that’s not his talent.

I don’t even know what you mean here.

Frankly, you don’t seem to know what talents you’re heroes have, what they do, or how they activate. And you confuse them with specials at times too.

Really, there’s no problem with the game here.

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point of emblems. You have to weigh the benefits that emblems give you, not ONLY for the talent - in Jackal’s case, Evade of 20% when maximized. A 20% chance to dodge is a LOW percentage, so you shouldn’t expect it to happen often.

To me, Evade is just a small side benefit to giving emblems to Jackal. In my case, he has 862 Attack rating, which is a MONSTER number for a 4-star hero!

If you chose to invest in emblems purely for the Evade talent, then that is just a case of lofty expectations for just a 20% chance. But also, I can’t see how that would be the case, since you took him to +20, and you only need to go to +15 emblems to get his Evade chance maximized.

Good gaming!

I think this was was referring to the minion the druids have a chance to generate (Druid talent), but do agree there seems to be some confusion here regarding talents.

Regardless, never emblem a hero for the talent, which is only a chance at something; rather, emblem the hero to fit your play style as far as attack, defense, or health goes.

2 Likes

So I tried to play again, here is the result, for sure I gave two Guardian Jackals here, so 20% + 20% chance and the other heroes also 20 talents. The result can be seen here. I’m wondering when the bad luck will pass (after more than a year it could) I start to think that it doesn’t just depend on chance but against what opponents I’m playing because otherwise I can’t explain it. Great as always, its percentages are at max.

I have a feeling you don’t know what the talents do/are.
Rogue talents allow the hero to dodge the damage from a special. On the first battle, your left Jackal gets killed by slash attacks, and the right Jackal gets killed by Frigg’s special. So in that whole fight, there is only 1 occasion where any of your heroes talents would come into play and that is when Frigg hit your right Jackal. None of the defense does any mana effects, so Vivica’s talent would never activate, and Joon’s withstand never had a chance to activate since he was killed off by Frigg, which was the first offensive special to be cast by the defense. So 0 talent activation for 1 opportunity.

Same for the second fight, your team was killed by slash attacks. Joon survived Frigg’s attack, but his withstand didn’t activate. Costume Melandor has Jinx as a wizard, but that only increases damage if the opponent has buffs. When you threw the green tiles to start, none of the defense has buffs. So 0 talent activation for 1 opportunity.

Basically, altogether there were 2 chances of talents activating, but 0 did. Is that bad luck? Well there’s a 30% chance of withstand occurring and 20% of dodge occuring, so that means with 2 chances, you expect them to activate 0.5 times, (less than 1). So it’s well within the probability.

2 Likes

Ranvir is supposed to increase the attack when I have less HP that I also didn’t notice it did. I’m just saying that it’s interesting that even though I have a small chance to activate the talent, they won’t do it but the opponents have the same chance but it always works for them almost 100% this is not unfortunate anymore, if it worked for a week like that it doesn’t work systematically for a year so it doesn’t seem to me. You should have made it clear that the heroes wouldn’t do it and you’re done. Why does Jackal have 20 talents if he never does anything? In the last video, someone said a sentence I heard half a year ago “liana has few talents to work” I’ll make it to 20 and again it will be just bad luck, but it’s interesting that the opponent’s hereos activate abilities right at the beginning of the game and me for 10 matches .

You need to be more specific, because when I look at your video, only once does that circumstance occur. In the first fight, you fired Ranvir and Joon hit Black Knight, except Black Knight’s special came into play (50% chance of 1 point of damage). All other times your heroes had Ranvir’s special, you targeted Krampus who has less health than your heroes. So your observation about Ranvir is wrong. The criteria that would cause extra damage happened once, and was negated by Black Knight’s special. If you are wrong if you are counting these examples as Ranvir’s special not working.

On the defense side, the only talent that was ever activated was Black Knight’s bleeding damage which happened twice… once in each battle as far as I can tell.

Again, you apparently don’t understand what talents do, or the criteria. Jackal’s talent is to dodge the damage from incoming special attacks. In both fights only once did he get attacked by a special. All other times it was just a slash attack which he doesn’t dodge. I think you need to read up on them before continuing to play the game, or just ignore talents altogether and use the emblems to increase attacks, defenses and health.

3 Likes

I swear to God ninjas evade way more than Rogues.

1 Like