[Master] šŸ›” Alternate Defence / Raid Formations -- Feedback & Discussion Thread (Polls in post #2)

I am not complainingā€¦ Yes, I find it the most challenging, and my success rate is somewhat lower compared to other formations - but nothing too drastic. Other thing is that those are sometimes a little borring to me: so many defences of 5 fast or very fast dmg dealers. It all boils down to kill or be killed, fast.
My observation came exclusively from watching the performance of my defence team. It looks to me itā€™s much better than it should be. And if itā€™s the case with my defence, I can only imagine how people struggle against much tougher defences in the reverse formation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. I was really hoping formations would bring variety to my raids, since there are so many positions to try heroes in both new and old. Sadly, Iā€™m still seeing the same subset of 10-15 heroes dominate the top teams. Theyā€™re almost all fast speed.

A good strategy. Mono teams benefit from being able to smash off-color tiles into a tank without charging the rest of the team. Against reverse, 3-2 gives you a good punch with 2 colors, and youā€™re more likely to get at least one of those colors charged before the enemy starts firing. I guess that means I need to re-make all of the teams I raid withā€¦ mono isnā€™t performing like it does with regular V formation.

3 Likes

Luckily for me, I have been a 3-2 player even before this change, so maybe thatā€™s the reason I donā€™t see a big difference. :man_shrugging:t2:

They are not interesting, they are stupid, makes me feel more annoyed! When will you stop introducing new annoying things into the game? Itā€™s not enough summon rates and bad boards ?

2 Likes

Alternate team formations are a player suggested feature. A lot of the challenge is gone from the game for higher level players, and while reverse formation in particular is troublesome, having a challenge is pretty awesome in my opinion.

2 Likes

Mono is working for me but for V formation get seem to clear there tank.so have been running 3-2 against the V formation

1 Like

One thing a man must admit - new formations are unpredictable! Decided to switch to double formation and Iā€™ve put these guys for funā€¦ Well, after an hour, I have the same number of cups, with win-loss ratio 18-8. My inital idea was to go down a little bit and slowly to start building a team that could work well. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Brynhild in that position is probably the best 4 star hero in the game - and paired with other nice buffers such as Wilbur it just gets even better.

Thats also why I love formations, it opens up for ppl who do not own the most OP heroes in the game to actually make different sinergies that can do much more than what they could create in standard formation.

7 Likes

They also have to face similar teams that synergize well too. Except now you get the frustration over and over on offense and you donā€™t even get to see how your defense performs. Where is the excitement and enjoyment in setting a defense team when you only get to see some trophies roll in from it?

2 Likes

Why not simply keep it that way: People who like raid formations pick one for their defense team and by doing so are only matched against others who are also using them, and they can only be attacked by people using formations. Those who decide against employing a raid formation will only fight against and be attacked by like minded players. Easy fix - everyone happy. Right?

6 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing over the last few days. It would be very welcome for many.

3 Likes

where can i my raid formation change I donā€™t see any options

See OP with 20 details

Hello, what buildings and levels do I need to level up so I can use the new raid formations? I canā€™t find any information about this part of it.

Thanks!

You need to convert a building to a Hero Academy, which you can only do with your Stronghold at level 25. I donā€™t remember exactly how much iron you will need to level up your Stronghold, and what levels of Iron Storage and how many you will need.

Thank you, Liam. I will start there.

Information is detailed in the first post of the raid formations master thread.

3 Likes

Thank you Ruskin505. I know my stronghold needs to be at 25. But I donā€™t know if other buildings and training areas need to be maxed out as well.

Nope just level one of hero academy

Oh good. Thank you! I was afraid I would have to upgrade several buildings to make this happen.

1 Like