[Master] šŸ›” Alternate Defence / Raid Formations -- Feedback & Discussion Thread (Polls in post #2)

If you improve at the game why wouldnā€™t you be able to win against different formations?

The only reasoning behind not liking this feature is not wanting to use your brain. I donā€™t loose more against these formations but I do have to think more about which heroes to use.

1 Like

I donā€™t like them, they favor the defense one is attacking. We already have wars that test our attacking teams. Itā€™s just sucking the joy out of just being able to pop a raid flask or use some gems and do some raiding. So no, I donā€™t always want to play chess, sometimes checkers is fun enough. Formations suck, just get rid of them.

4 Likes

I like 'em. I just need to remember to check what formation Iā€™m facing before setting the team. I charged in on a couple of reverses that caught me by surprise this morning. However, the majority of teams I came across (low to mid diamond) were the same old standard format, so I doubt whether those who prefer to avoid new formations will have to reroll too many times to find a chestā€™s worth.

So basically we went from V formation to everyone to reverse formation to everyone?! :joy: So much for variety.
(This judging by my raiding experience)

1 Like

Sometimes we have to consider other perspectives. You have to choose which heroes to use, some people donā€™t have that luxury.

I mostly donā€™t care about how raid formations impact me. Itā€™s that portion of the community and my alliance teammates that absolutely hate these formations that concern me.

1 Like

Finally backā€¦yay formations. CANT wait to be transferred to WAR!!! It will kill stupid boring tank strategy from gameā€¦Will be amazing!

To be honest I went through the leaderboard today. Both of them. Global and local (U.K.)
And there is quite a variety of formations being used, including the standard formation.

2 Likes

Not really enjoying the raid formations at allā€¦ Hopefully @EmpiresPuzzles do not apply these new formation anywhere else.

7 Likes

My impression so far is the same as during world beta period: raid formations bring new challenge for attackers, and based on data so far people do struggle. Like a lot. I have never lingered around 2700 trophies just based on my defence team performance.
My offensive performance is maybe slightly worse than normally, but I would say the difference is not significant. Just looked at the available data in my tower. My attacks were 14:5 (73% succes rate), while my defence team had score 18:11 (62% success rate). The 2nd is way above the avarage of pre-formations period. And this is happening in 2700+ zone.
I suspect this might produce a lot of frustration around here in coming days. :slight_smile:

Data:

I suspect people are still caught a bit off guard by the formations, even though now itā€™s bit more clear what formation theyā€™re in. I know sometimes I still forgot to check and then get a not so great surprise. :joy:

But I feel like the biggest factor in all of this, is far too many people just ā€œgo mono against the tankā€ and hope they tile out the tank early to start ghosting. I feel like theyā€™ve gotten so used to autopiloting this strategy, that when this is no longer viable in any formation but standard and maybe reverse double, they just donā€™t really know how to adapt on the spot.

1 Like

Add battle items?
Because it doesnā€™t matter now?

Raids are supposed to be war practiceā€¦

Or

Put the formations back to normal please and add the option to play with attack boot, rush, cleanse and minionsā€¦

Really donā€™t think most players like the feature.

Itā€™s not universal, but the most official player poll says the opposite.

3 Likes

I have two accounts. What I am currently seeing is that I donā€™t get raided as much in my main account that uses the Reverse raid formation.

However my alt account doesnā€™t have HA10 so still has the ā€œstandardā€ raid defence lineup. And that now gets raided multiple times by top heavy teams for 10/11 trophiesā€¦

3 Likes

So I switched my formation to the upside down V and now Iā€™m questioning the way I line up my question. Normally I have knight as tank with zeline left flank.

Now that Knight isnā€™t taking the brunt of the force, should I change my lineup to this? Whatā€™s your guys thoughts? I have noticed that I am not being attacked as much. I would say 70 percent less.

Itā€™s currently trial and error with the formations.
At some point in the next couple of months someone will come up with the best set of heroes in each formation and what the best positioning is.

I currently use the reverse formation and have found that moving the tank into a wing position works better.

I currently use from left to right in Reverse formation:

Heimdall, Costume Marjana, Clarissa, Costume Joon, Krampus

Although I am thinking of swapping out Heimdall for Frigg and
Costume Marjana for Gefjon

2 Likes

I like to daily do a fast peek over what the top 20 teams are running, and after the return of formations you see alot more older heroes pop up in the global top. So to everyone who says this feature is only to make the whales even stronger, I say it is doing quite the opposite. Check this guy currently nr 12 globally with a team consisting of 4 TC20 heroes, this could very well be a f2p player or at least someone who spends very little. Before formations you just didnā€™t see this

62% voted they liked itā€¦ got it. not a huge yay but yeah

Iā€™m getting results against some Reverse formations by using a well balanced mono team against a wing and slowly wiping them from left to right or right to left. The hidden ā€œtankā€ doesnā€™t charge very quickly. Itā€™s easier to charge very fast and fast heroes without giving the opponent too much mana.

Itā€™s funny because some of my teams (like not too performing red mono stack) got so much better against double and reverse double formationsā€¦ a combo of Falcon Gormek Gravemaker Scarlett is incredibly powerful. Same for Almur and Buddy, now I wish I had Elkanen Evelynā€¦

Iā€™m not sure how to explain what I am experiencing. After months of maintaining a trophy range in the 4500ā€˜s I cannot even defend revenge attacks from 4000-4200 power teams with my 4550 team.

And weā€™re talking solid def heros. 19 emblems on telluria, 20 on alfrike, 20 on tyr, 18 on Uranus, and Iā€™ve been trying to find the right 5ths between maxes JF, and 4 emblem kingston.

Either way I have a 4550~ team and Iā€™ve been specifically attack low power teams, and consistently not holding up on raid revenges from them. When I say low I mean, 4k-4200 power.

This is more of a vent here, because itā€™s just another undue justice i am feeling here.

Are they designing this game for people to rage quit it? I love it and I am slowly finding more reasons why I am hating it.

Along with the fact that by the time youā€™ve maxed your five star in 7-12 months of time, theyā€™ve released more heroā€™s that make the ones youā€™ve maxed, irrelevant. Because their specials arenā€™t even remotely close to on par with any of them.

At this point itā€™s just like, give back to the players. Stop taking everything away and making it suck.

2 Likes

So this has been live for a few days now, and I find myself getting frequently frustrated with the formations :frowning:
Iā€™m taking nearly 4700 power teams into raids and still lose against teams even 300 points lower than mine? I think I really need to sit down and see what snipers to bring to battle. Iā€™ve no idea what healer to bring either, bc c. Richard seems to get wiped more, and Iā€™m even seeing my c. Vivian getting hammered by 1100 damage at once. :sob:
I really need to figure something out, or else Iā€™m gonna have to lower my defence to make revenging easier.

1 Like