Massive escape of players by magic tower do you stay or you go?

I think it shows a complete disregard for players of the game, if you are free to play you don’t stand much of a chance of progressing at a rate that keeps you even marginally competitive

We’ve had heroes that a vast amount of players can only dream of getting, far to rapid expansion of the game, broken buildings that don’t do what they were promised to do, even worse a barrage of broken promises from SG

Two of my friends have already quit ( yesterday) because of this , if it wasn’t for loyalty to my alliance I probably would have as well

Having to pay to complete a game modual is not fair , I know that you can opt to pay to continue to progress in certain areas such as raid challenges, but at least you have a chance of completing those without paying , being put in a position where you have to pay to complete a module is completely out of order

11 Likes

Still 25 levels is no longer the finish line.

In the first beta, if you are on floor 27, they label it as “Completed” as they consider floor 25 as finish line at that time.

However, it is now changed. When you are on floor 27, the label is no longer “Completed” as in first Beta, it is Impossible Floor 2.

The finish line of the event is now on floor 75. This is official stance.

1 Like

Three friends have left the game this year cause these crap things. More are coming.

3 Likes

But other levels do not have chests. So for me it’s finish :slight_smile: If someone want to do mega grind for “Completed” - it’s their problems :slight_smile: SGG tries to entertain bored P2W players

1 Like

Finish line is when the label on your leaderboard no longer able to change whatever you do.

The first NT didn’t even have chest, so they are not completion marking.

1 Like

In all truth it doesn’t actually matter. 99% of F2P aren’t competing for the top anyway. It’s incredibly expensive in items and needs a certain set of teams. The vast majority of F2P aren’t going to be able to do it.

Not intended as a dig or a slight, just a fact of the matter.

So I’ve no issues with everyone getting 75 flags. I’m going to be using flasks anyways so same situation for me.

I don’t know anyone in this game that wants less people to compete with tbh

2 Likes

It matter to me because I am among the 1% who compete.

5 Likes

For me finish line (in games) it’s when enough for me. 25 levels more than enough for me :slight_smile: I did not addicted by grind

SGG trying to protect P2W from competitive F2P.

8 Likes

F2P not competitive with P2W about 1-2 years + F2P not give money

So do you spend 75 gems to continue in the tournaments?

If you are competitive I would assume you would to chase the 1%

The official completion/finish line is set by SGG as the creator.

It is the standard that what was used by those defending the completion at 25 during the first beta when they debated me and I agree to it.

Now that SGG change the completion/finish line, I will not accept that the standard is changed.

I will not accept double standard.

If the standard is “official completion/finish line is set by SGG as the creator” back then, the standard will stay “official completion/finish line is set by SGG as the creator” even now.

1 Like

You are underestimating F2P

1 Like

I compete without gems. If I lost 4 times before last day I won’t be able to reach top 1%, but I can rank in not only top 1% but also top 100 few times. There was a tourney which I ranked at 1st place at the end of 4th day though sadly I lost one in the last day so I dropped rank.

Tourney still allow you to use all 25 attack without gems as long as you can refrain from losing 4 times, so it give me chance to compete. MT do not give you any chance to attack 51st-75th floor without gems.

10 Likes

I’m glad I stumbled upon this thread. I had already decided that I don’t care about this event, just like I don’t care about NT. Although I did assume that the investment vs. reward would be similarly bad, it appears that it is worse. I was not aware that you must invest gems JUST to complete it.

Further, I was unimpressed with the new event heroes. However, I admit that I am a little slow at picking up on all the potential nuances of a hero’s stats and specials.

Either way, I decided right away that I wouldn’t be putting anything more than a time investment into this event. Even then, it’s been a very casual investment in time, as I have left unspent energy expire. I. Just. Don’t. Care.

Having read this thread, it is just more evidence that SG is catering, exclusively, to the whales. As mentioned here and numerous other threads in these forums, the devs have rolled out MANY money suck options over the last year, but can’t be bothered to adequately address even ONE of the actual problems that have been present for longer than just one year.

I already think I’m an idiot for continuing to play and invest ANY amount of money, regardless of the fact that I’ve cut my spending in half or more. But I am surprised there hasn’t been a mass exodus.

Soon enough, we’ll be leaving it to just the whales. It’s becoming clear that’s the direction they’re headed, anyway.

In conclusion, as a former $300-500/mo. spender (sometimes significantly more), I have seen my performance drop and my once awesome roster become nearly obsolete. Assigning my focus and spending on s3 and s4 heroes at a rate of about 30/70%, respectively, I can be sure that I’m missing out on (maybe) landing some other heroes that could help me remain competitive.

With no interest from the devs in addressing these issues, I guess the question is…

…how far do we have to fall before we just pull the cord and float off into the sunset?

What little optimism that’s left within me is hoping they address these issues, soon. But then, that’s only keeping me around longer and making me a bigger idiot if it never happens.

I never really minded spending, but it takes a special kind of stupid to keep doing it when there’s no real return on your investment. And I’ve been watching those returns shrink faster and faster over the last year.

13 Likes

YES! And THAT is where they went wrong.

2 Likes

I am a Free to Play player and I don’t see why to complain about this.

I am still playing for free, being 25 floors or the 25 + 25 and that’s it.

Even if I reach the Impossible side, I don’t care about it. Why to care? For those final prizes? No thanks! 20 and 10 emblems or even 5… such a big difference between ranks…

The problem is not from SG or Zynga’s side, but from the Player’s side!

Don’t pay for anything for one month or two and see what happens…

7 Likes

F2P player here too until 3 years now.

Interesting question, and I want to speak about the real price : you have to use 250 gems.
_ in how many time you can earn 250 gems ?
_ did it’s possible to earn its before next MT ?
_ did that (regular ?) Cost damage the f2p player’s routine ?
_ did SG will improve the obtention of gems in free mode ?

Depending of the answers, it’s gems good gestion, or a ‘solution’ to dig the gap between F2p and others.

One of the main problem is we didn’t know about this cost until now, F2p players were not prepare

I really don’t like having to pay and this breaks a “rule” that SGG seemed to have fixed for themselves.

So far there were NO event that was inaccesible to F2P. This would be the first and I think it’s very sad.

9 Likes

First of all : I dont like the idea to spend gems to play the last 25 levels!

I think we had around 60.000-80.000 players who finished Ninja tower, some of them, myself included, had to buy a tower flask to finish, because I lost a stage due to accidentally using the wrong team.
I think only these players are considering buying additional flasks.
The first 5 impossible levels gave an average of 3 emblems and 2.5 towercoins per level.
If you are confident to best all levels you would get some 110 coins and some 75 emblems for 250 diamonds, if we loose a level we need 300 diamonds, the same amount a summon costs.
What is the benefit?
Additional 10 meagre coins and 75 emblems and hopefully a better overall ranking for the use of 25 Tornados, 30 bombs and some potions. If you like the challenge its ok to buy the flasks, if you dont like the grind or are short of battle items dont do it. From an economical viewpoint its only favorable to buy flasks, if the loot becomes better in the next stages. We will see tomorrow.

Again I dont like the idea of spending gems to be able to complete the event one bit!

Please SG change this, add a chest after level 50 with 5 tower flasks!

Happy (tower) climbing

3 Likes