Mass Exodus

If you thought the new changes in war were a good thing, think again! With the results of this first war, I am seriously reconsidering ever playing this game again. War should be fought on the merits of the players and their teams, instead it seems as if you have made it a joke amongst you programmers that this is now to basically only for the elite. So, now the average player may as well give up now rather than put any more effort and frustration into playing this version of war.

Although there needed to be changes in the buff system, I think removing the extra buff of arrows and enemy advantages would be much better.

2 Likes

My alliance also lost heavily this war. But I consider this to be due to the match system, not the new healing addition.

Are you blaming the matching or the new defence team buffs?

2 Likes

For our alliance it was the enemy healing that has made it such a joke in the war.

I thought the changes (new war rules) were a good thing. Enemy heal was much better to deal with than the arrows imho. I can understand the frustration if oneā€™s alliance is continuously heavily mismatched (ours is usually matched very well), but otherwiseā€¦ no need to be a sore loser. We all like winning but by the nature of this competition someone will have to lose. Better luck next time.

3 Likes

I understand that someone will have to lose, but that is not the issue.

The matchmaking is still garbage and the new adition grow the gap even more between the alliances. Defenses get a small nerf and the better alliance have more advantage over the underpowered one. Bad ideas from devs to come with this war rules. They have to fix matchmaking first, but from what I see they are not able to do it. Not a small step in the right direction and is been over 3 months.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to assume itā€™s the emotions of losing that makes you want to quit. When I first started this game, I lost 9/10 raids. So I stopped raiding. Itā€™s not the end of the world, and I enjoyed the rest of the game so I continued to play it.

With that said, if you are unhappy with wars, then perhaps you could comment on why they are not suitable for the average player. I know I was pretty happy with the change; it is not that I dislike the arrows or feel this heal option was better, but rather that I liked some variety being added. The same puzzles can get stale without new features occasionally added.

2 Likes

Yes, that was a rather heated statement to make. I agree that I will just avoid playing in wars. But wars are one of the main reasons for alliances.

I understand the frustration with healing.

I had a team Iā€™d taken down to 1 healer beat me 3 on 1, because once every 3 rounds he got the War buff, and every other round he healed himself. So he just slowly whittled everyone down.

Titans are the main reason.

3 Likes

I think Wars should be played Alliance against Alliance and the best Alliance wins . All these extra things that are being put in we do not need raids our base on the best team winning Alliance Wars should be the same way. It has nothing to do with being a sore loser or a great winner if youā€™re being helped but I think it should be Alliance against Alliance with nothing else added thank youā€¦

3 Likes

Youā€™re forgetting that the same war rule also works in favour of your own defense teams thoughā€¦ itā€™s not just the other alliance that is being helped. You benefit from the same.

4 Likes

For us, itā€™s hard to fairly evaluate the new ā€œrulesā€ because the matching is still the problem. When 21 of 27 opposing members are at 3400+ and we have 22 below 3000, healing, arrowsā€¦ itā€™s really a moot point.

4 Likes

We were also horribly matched. Only two of our memebers were even remotely well matched against our opposing allience. It was ridiculous. I already hate raids. I was hoping wars could be different since itā€™s a team effort and i could choose an opponent i can actually defeat. Not standing a chance from the get-go makes it feel pointless.

1 Like

I said this elsewhere today, but perhaps it bears repeating here. All of the following statements are true at the same time:

• We lost our 8th war in a row
  • ā€¦ by 800 points
  • We scored our BEST total points ever for AW
  • We outscored our Opponent for team power (slightly) across the board

All of these are true simultaneously. Bad matchmaking canā€™t account for our best score or having better team power yet losing (rather spectacularly).

So the answer must lie elsewhere that merely a matchmaking issue. Iā€™m inclined to believe it has to do with benches.

Best of luck to you and your Wars. You can do what we do (fight to beat our own score, if we canā€™t beat the other guy), or you can set all your teams to zero heroes and sit out the wars.

Every leader has to do what is best for their alliance.

4 Likes

Ditto here. Itā€™s easy to complain about wars when you donā€™t do anything to improve your bench, thus improving your odds on Wars.

1 Like

I know that many players got problems with AW or even boycotting it but please SG first work on season 2 before again re-work AW again and again and againā€¦PLEASE!!

3 Likes

Um no. Titans are the main reasons for alliances. I also dont think there should be and bonus for the enemy. Should be a straight raid. The difference being that you are raiding as a team. No other differentiation needed.

We have lost about 8 or 9 wars now in a row. I am also a bit over wars. They should add an ā€˜opt outā€™ button.

2 Likes