Mass emblem sale – Magpie’s Emblem Boutique / Return to Morlovia

Right. I agree completely. I’m in the accounting field and a big part of budgeting is being aware of how small expenses add up. $2.00 a day in the vending machine in the afternoon and a $4.00 coffee in the morning doesn’t seem like much at all. However, if you do that every work day, that’s $30.00 a week. That is the biggest issue for a lot of people with games like this. A lot of small transactions adding up.

4 Likes

This is the only real issue that actually bothers me.

I want to pay to play, but the exchange rates are so unfair.

As the prices are right now, I fall into a cheap to play category, although I’m paying a lot of my country’s money to play. :confused:

3 Likes

Just excited i reached whale status, never thought i could afford it

Who knew

3 Likes

I thought the topic was specific to this $13 offer.

Or have we moved on to a “well if they can afford the fiesta wrap with tater tots and a pepsi… what else can they afford???”"

Note: I didn’t purchase the offer.

2 Likes

This is a valid argument.

I know that SG can’t help “exchange rates”, but there should be more of a push to make sure people in all countries are paying the same price.

I’ve seen some of our players from across the world share their prices, and it’s not the same even with poor exchange rates.

3 Likes

The OP started it titled as “Mass Emblem Sale,” and most of the discussion has been about the premise of selling Emblems in general, not this specific offer in particular.

There’s a separate thread that @Gryphonknight started about the merits/value of this particular offer, though: [Math, offer] Magpie's Emblem Boutique comparison to 2 gems per $0.01 USD

Actually, there are models they could adopt to help soften these gaps, but I don’t think this is the thread for it.

I try to bring this up when threads allow me, but I don’t see enough support from other international players to start a serious discussion on the matter.

1 Like

I think the Alchemy lab showed SG has no interest in being FTP friendly.

2 Likes

What is a “mostly” nonspending player…500 or 5k?..to win you have to buy…and the game just escalates…so you never win…the house always wins.

3 Likes

This isn’t true, there are a lot of offer that people get that aren’t visable to everyone

I hear what you’re saying. When I heard/saw the concept behind the way the alchemy lab works, I said to myself “F*** THAT!”.

2 Likes

I’m not rush for emblem, I can farm on each Trials quests, I bought 2x which is has troops token, so I hope to get *4 yellow… but what I get *3 troops :sweat_smile: maybe later :wink:

1 Like

Everyone here is focused on the emblems here. I bought but it was less so for the emblems. I didn’t think the 0.99 offer was that good. However, the $2.99 offer have 150 gems, 3 troop tokens (that’s 600 gems), and some emblems. That was a decent deal without the emblems. The emblems were icing on the cake.

1 Like

I passed on this offer. I suspect I’ll spend (over-spend) during the long days of offers for the Halloween event.

4 Likes

Which is why I said this above

2 Likes

Still falls into the can’t afford it, don’t buy it philosophy…

Yes, they are the big spenders. But it’s not the single deals. The point of “whales” comment is because there isn’t just emblem sales. It’s upping troops, pulling for heroes, buying mat offers and now emblems. That’s when c2p players will start falling behind.

I’m a big spender, but I’m sensitive to the c2p players. I like having them around because they are usually better players because they have to.

11 Likes

My new favourite quote on this forum…

6 Likes

I agree, this is a game and these are all personal choices.

Just at the very least acknowledging that the difference in someone not having disposable income in the US (but probably still able to purchase these deals if they really wanted to) and other places in the world where the deals are equal to a weeks pay is a more significant burden.

Not that it isn’t fair. Just that it is a more dramatic example

2 Likes

What I haven’t seen mentioned yet is how little this will matter in the long run. Sure, spenders will be able to max emblems on a 5* slightly sooner… But then what? By the time w non-spender maxes 10 5*s, a spender will have a couple extra heroes at +4… Who cares??

This is much less p2w than summons

2 Likes