[SOLVED] Visual Issue When Leveling Up Margaret--Dev Response Post #62

I pulled Margaret, but she is very buggy:

1. When upgrading is not reflected
  2. After the upgrade shows a green explosion
  3. Skill not pumped
    4 I tried it several times on the ultu - it never applied it …

Please fix it urgently!

d8c089cd-047a-4c3f-b9ae-fdd2497bfda6

d239cec1-b823-40bb-bb3e-bde60e337f36

1 Like

Screen shot one is for ascending.

Screen shot two is for leveling.

You must level Margaret to 5* 1.50 to ascend to 5* 2.1 with the guaranteed +1 to special skill level.

2 Likes

In general terms, here’s SG’s advice for dealing with visual glitches:

The chance to upgrade a special is random. It could potentially take a great many tries before it upgrades. With a 5*, that should even out over time though, since it requires so many feeders.

3 Likes

I am also having the same problem with Margaret I did everything you suggested she is still not showing up nor is the food upping her special ability. This is more than one person telling you this please handle it as soon as possible

1 Like

The problem is also that her ulta doesnt work anytime

Sorry I replied under the wrong text. I did everything that was suggested below for Margaret to show up and level up she is doing neither. Please get this fixed ASAP! I am not the only person reporting this look into it thank you!

Does “ulta” mean special ability?

If so, some things to be aware of:

• Her special ability only protects against specials, not slash attacks or tiles.
  • Her dodge percentage is based on the damage of the incoming special, and is very low probability for low damage specials even at 8/8. It is especially low at 2/8.

Given these two things, it will be almost impossible to test her successfully by farming on the world map. She will only work with bosses or elite enemies, and then only with strong enemies who have high damage special attacks.

3 Likes
1 Like

The last line in that recommendations post by @Na.na was to open a support ticket if the problem didn’t resolve. Did you do that?

If not, here’s how to do that:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003269253-How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support-

With respect to her special ability leveling up, again, it’s completely random except for when you ascend her.

If you use 10 green 1* feeders, it will go up on average about once every 5 times you feed her, but could happen the 1st time or not until the 40th time.

3 Likes

So, it looks like it worked perfectly there. Hatter dodged the Special attack by Kaghan.

2 Likes

Yes, but the upgrade screen is still bad

Yup. That definitely looks annoying. But at least a visual bug is a lot less worrisome than a bug that affects gameplay.

I’d definitely recommend submitting a support ticket. This thread lets SG know that a problem exists, but support tickets that can point them to specific accounts with the problem will help them diagnose and correct it.

5 Likes

I did not feed her 1* heros I did 2 10 pulls so had plenty of been 3 and 4* to feed her agree was at 50% on the first 10 fed. I fed her several times to get her to level 29 as I’m sure the person did that got her to 40

Ok… it’s still random whether a feeding succeeds or not. Lots of people have thought there was a bug because one or more heroes weren’t leveling their special after an update, but it always has turned out to be bad luck thus far.

See, for instance:

So you can see why, at this point, I’m pretty sceptical about there being a bug with her special leveling.

4 Likes

If all else fails, just do what I do: wait until she’s max level, then feed another Margaret to her, that’s 100% chance to skill-up. Solved!

:wink:

1 Like

Did you look at the attached pictures? She doesn’t even show up and neither do the recruits I’m feeding her. She only shows up at the beginning when I hit Level Up. After that you see her no longer. Even when it says the special skill didn’t change her picture is not there. There is something wrong somewhere in the game. If this many people are having problems leveling up their heros after their upgrade then it wasn’t a very good upgrade was it? Or its greed again spend your money on food so you can make more recruits. I get so tired of people constantly sticking up for this game. I know let me guess the next remark is "well it’s your choice to play. " I wonder how many people throw things away that they have invested their time, energy and money in. Yes it’s a game its supposed to be fun. I have not had any problems leveling any other hero’s. All of their pictures show up before during and after feeding, and their special goes up reasonably. I have had some take longer than others I know how the game works. I know it’s chance and yet I’ve never been at 50% and not had my special go up that’s why I save trainers and doubled 4* that are already maxed. Only this is not the case for Margaret, not only is she not leveling but there is a visual bug also!!! So I would think that perhaps there may be more than one thing wrong with her. She is brand new it is possible a developer made a mistake at the company or do these developers NEVER make mistakes.

Indeed. That’s a visual bug. You can see where I acknowledgd it by reading this post:

You can also see where I advised submitting a support ticket, and why. I certainly hope you’ve also submitted a support ticket so that SG can properly look into what is happening.

Then you’ve been incredibly lucky. 50% chance is the same as flipping a coin. If you’ve flipped a coin 10 times and never gotten tails, that doesn’t mean that the coin is guaranteed to come up heads every time.

I realize that it’s frustrating to use good feeders and not have the special level up, but the point of all those posts I linked is that great many people mistakenly think there is a bug with special leveling when there really isn’t one.

People see bad luck occurring at the same time as an update, or a visual bug, or some other phenomenon, and believe that the two things are somehow connected. But they simply aren’t.

It’s not impossible that there’s a bug with her special, but it’s far more likely that this is just another case of bad luck happening at the same time as something else–and therefore appearing to be connected.

4 Likes