Margaret is not a performer

Margaret may not be a fan favourite. But boy, those dodges. So satisfying to watch

2 Likes

Yes i can do one " best of " movie of every hero…then every player will be thinking that is a very amazing hero…

Yeah but what happens when people get smarter and start avoiding her with strong specials

I understand the avoids. Tell me how to AVOID that fisherman!!! I hate him and his feasts!!!

Uh, the AI doesn’t get smarter.

Really talking about raiding against her where you get AI from

Okay, she isn’t a good defensive player. Her advantage is on offense.

Is offence meaning to avoid and protect?

Agree but I see her alot on defense teams

Capture%20_2019-07-10-13-05-54-1
Fine how do I beat this line-up? I hate that fish guy!

This bottom one is my team

Ok on Wilber I use him also in this stack that puts me in Diamond

But this team to beat the team you inquired about

Screenshot_20190710-133128_Empires

Got Boril late or he would have been my tank. But with this team mana control is always fun

2 Likes

I actually beat them 2nd round. It is always good to get the counterattack off both Boril and cyprian…this time fish guy was not tank so I went 2nd up and got them out

I’ve been mulling over posting about this for a while now, but since my last post was also a rant I’m just gonna say it here instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Margaret is my only “good” green 5* because I only have a Kadilen and two Horghalls aside from her. I know, “the best hero is the one you have” and I probably should have focused on either Kadilen or even Horghall (who’s at least a decent(?) tank) but I gave Maggie a chance since she’s an HOTM and maybe her very niche skill would work wonders in attacks. Boy was I wrong on that.

I’ve seen several successful Lianna hits on heroes who have Margaret’s evasion buff and it’s just utterly confounding. Lianna’s skill has the highest damage percentile in the entire game but it seems like instead of it being 90% a miss, it’s still around 50% in actual matches for me. I play smart against Lianna like any other player and I avoid having her charge frequently, but in the two to three times she fires against me when using my Margaret, the one or two times she does against a hero Margaret buffed will still hit.

Just now I got pummeled by a Lianna in the raid tournament and it’s honestly quite frustrating how such a limited skill (three heroes only) for such a limited application can still see some limited effects. I can’t blame anyone for my luck in having only Margaret as my maxed green 5* but how can she be such a disappointment? It’s so frustrating.

2 Likes

Nope. To be efficient, Marga needs to get put next to a weak heroes who take high damages from special skills. QoH have a decent defense + a protection against special skills. Wich means she takes less damages from special skills, so less chance to dodge. Won’t work.

It’s also good to note that Lianna has Rangers class advantage “bypass defensive buffs”. So I guess some Lianna s with emblems have 5%-25% chance of the bypass depending on the emblem node. So a shot from Lianna may go through if the chance is activated.
My guess is Margie’s dodge is a kind of defensive buff, I may be wrong.

1 Like

I have seen her dodge a few times…(I just maxed her) better effect now that she is, but I am still wary that she gets eliminated before she can use it. There must be a good reason she is made HOTM and come So far and not perform. I agree also she should be made to cover all the team and not just 3 only.

2 Likes

I maxed Marg in May, since it was my first not vanilla green 5*, and I can now say I’m really disappointed. I have pulled the last 4 HOTMs out of pure luck (since I don’t pay to win) using mostly hero tokens from the events.

Out of all 4 of them, I already maxed Anzogh, Marg and Ranvir (Seshat is already 3/30), and Marg is clearly on a league of her own (in the BAD sense). Her tile damage is the only thing thats good about her, she’s too squishy so if you don’t charge her early, her underwhelming special isnt even used even with her very fast mana. And this happens 3-4/10 times on attack raids.

Titans: almost only useful because of her tile damage. Her special requires great timing, but the range (20-90% based on damage) makes it too impredictable.

Attack: could be decent if she could actually protect your 2 weakest heroes from snipers, but you can’t rely on her even on her “strong point”. Her tile damage is great, but I rather use any of my low emblemed (or not even at all) green 4* since I now what to expect of them, and their specials are way better sometimes.

Defense: don’t you even dare, shes best 5* cup loser, you better use Elkanen 2/60 (wish i was kidding).

Emblems: I tried giving her some defense, then found out her already erratic special is not benefited by this, instead it gets weaker.

Special: it’s pretty clear it lacks strenght, even in her own “niche”, it doesn’t last enough turns to make an impact, 20-90% is not great, and it doesn’t even cover her full team. With the amount of dispeller skills right now, its like a 3* alternative version of riposte, or 3* Inari with a lot of health.

In summary, I am not sure if HOTMs are intended to be game changers, I agree with some people who say there must be variety between HOTMs, but I also think this is too much. After using her in 80% of my raids in the last 2-3 months, I am pretty sure that she lacks consistency in all areas, and I haven’t been able to find her a spot where she is not second to a green 4*.

Marg is way weaker than any 5* hero I have, and I’m pretty sure she’s worse than any vanillas 5* and all the HOTMS (including pre buff Thorne). I really wish SG do something about her, because her ability and usefulness could be greatly improved by a few changes (a lot of them suggested already). I don’t expect an A hero in some role as they did with Aegir, just something to do her at least not a 2nd option compared to B 4*s :frowning:

I apologize for my bad english.

9 Likes

In a way the dodge is just a bonus. If QoH manages to dodge specials then she manages and gets that mana bonus

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and community Koinzel. You have a very fair view of this hero. I hope they will upgrade her somehow after hearing the many negative opinions of Margaret. She will need a mana healer to fight alongside to get better effect.

2 Likes