:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 885 699 1358
4/90 1013 800 1554
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2019
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resists: The hero has an innate ability to resist dispels of buffs.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Hide in the Shadows
  • Deals 150% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies have from +30% to 90% chance of dodging special attacks that do damage. The higher the damage from the special is, the higher the chance to dodge it. Each dodge gives +24% mana to the target. The effect lasts for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +46% defense against Fire for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2019 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Margaret was buffed in May 2020 to include higher dodge chance as well as a small amount of damage.

Beta Information:🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Official Announcement: May 2020 Balance Update - Details & Release Notes

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Margaret has been released for between 12 & 24 months, she can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (September 2020 & September 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

She can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Balance Changes:

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Margaret (post release)

Is Margaret worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can currently only get Margaret from the Atlantis Summons Portal when he is the featured returning Hero of the Month (HOTM)

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Margaret would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Margaret’s Primary Purpose is?

• Tile Damager
  • Dodger/ Surviver
  • Mana Maker (from Dodge)

0 voters

What do you think of Margaret compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Margaret’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Margaret worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Margaret is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Margaret is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

I got 2 Margarets last summer. She is the reason I’m not going to do a single 10 pull this Atlantis, she is waste of space and I don’t want any more copies of her in my roster.

SG, she is the worst. I took one copy to 3/70 and while I tried to use her in many different scenarios she always let me down. Even if green is my lousiest titan colour, she ain’t going to see a single titan. She is not reliable, not funny and not usable.

5 Likes

She is terrible. Not only the worst 5* hero but the worst hero of the game

4 Likes

I’m not gonna do a single pull too, because of her…lol

2 Likes

I got her went she was initially released off of 1 EHT and she was my first ever 5star hero so I’m not complaining but I’ve only taken her to 2.60. She has saved my ■■■ on a bunch of raids when I was attacking teams with much higher total power (ex: my team was ~3200 and enemy was ~3800-4000). It’s kind of satisfying watching enemy joon and sartana’s specials get dodged but thats about it lol. I will probably leave her at 2.60.

As a fully f2p player, I’m a bit conflicted whether to even do pulls this Atlantis b/c she is featured but I want to increase my chances at Malosi. Or I could save up my Atlantis coins and try my chances at May’s purple gravemaker. At most this month, I can probably do like only 2-3 Atlantis summons, 3-4 costume summons, 2 season 3 summons, and 2-3 EHT summons…realistically, I probably wont even get Malosi but one can hope especially after I got Margaret and Telluria both off EHT’s.
Thoughts?

1 Like

I’ve registered on the forum specifically to answer this.
Margaret was my first 5*. I was so excited until I realised how poor she is compared to virtually every 5* I can think of, especially as a HOTM! Thankfully I earned more 5* that can be used. Until today I was trolled by SG out of all the HOTM I’ve ended up with her again for goodness sake. It costs a lot of money to do these pulls and to be given another copy of this broken card that’s used in less than 1% of teams is taking the mick. She is in desperate desperate need of reworking and buffing. Please.

5 Likes

In fact look at the poll results that couldn’t be any more evident on just how poor she is currently!

LOL another one! She just takes up roster space

Same as @Aunty 2 margaret 3/70… its terrible, it has no value.

perhaps the staff should consider the possibility of fixing it.

1 Like

Magareth is really not good at all. But better than atomos

1 Like

Maybe I can exchange her in the hero academy or something. They seem to be reworking the string cards, bringing out new ones without sorting out the old ones. Look at the state of margaret, Khagan, wolf, horghall, Thorne etc

How do you think Margaret is best used?

I was looking for an option “As a feeder” but I couldn’t find it… would get most of the votes…

2 Likes

When attacking with Margaret, after you fire her special, it feels like it’s almost more beneficial to send tiles towards the enemies so they charge their special faster (if its an offensive special, especially snipers) than to ghost tiles. At least Margaret and adjacent heroes have a chance of surviving by dodging specials than taking the normal AI strikes

1 Like

I have one of Margaret… I leveled her to 3-70, but I don’t expect she’ll ever get ascended, I know just about any other Green 5* will be better to use than she is in her current form.

I was hesitant to do any pulls on this Atlantis portal because, like you, I also didn’t want another of her. A friend of mine did some pulls and got Tarlak, which made me jealous, so I did end up doing a 10-pull and I was glad to NOT get Margaret. (I lucked out and got someone else… someone better.)

On my roster, Margaret’s current competition for final ascension mats is Elkanen and Horghall, and I have no plans to ascend anyone. Hopefully a better Green comes along someday. It’s OK, I only have 3 tonics right now, and my maxed Green 5* are good ones: Lianna, Hatter, and Telluria - a formidable 3-stack. :smiley:

Good gaming!

I think she is the worst- just cannot stand her and i have 2 on my roster - and i fed at least one away - in a word Awful

1 Like

With high tile damage she is great for titans and green stacks. Brittle but effective in those cases provided she doesn’t get eliminated too quickly. Tarlak has similar stats.

1 Like

I got her in initial release. I have not, nor do I think I will be bringing her to final ascension. Those Tonics will be better placed elsewhere. I honestly haven’t used her much since I got her, I have her sitting at 3/56.

Yup, but would you use your 6 tonics on her? Be honest :)) if you did wouldn’t you like them back.? Smart and patient players will wait for a better green 5* to show up. She and Atomos are in need of rethinking…

2 Likes

No I wouldn’t lol, at least under my current team circumstances. But, I have many better greens to choose from on my roster. If my choices were less that could change though depending on patience as you well pointed out.

2 Likes