[Mar 31, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

With Hawkmoon and Melendor you should have enough heal to get to the bosses. If you use a lot of attack items You might be able to bomb them down.
I think bringing down Horghall first would help, since the other two don’t do much damage. So after that it’s just a matter of patience

1 Like

This is the team i used for the first level.
I only completed levels 1 and 2 last time.
I replaced Horghall for Melendor and Kunchen for Rigard for my team from last time. When i got to the boss Stage i realized my mistake. I might pull our Kailani and add back in Melendor. I’ll need to make it a point to bring Boss Wolf up to 2/60 for next time. Pretty sure the extra fire power will do me good.
Still not sure if i want to waste 20 WE to battle it out with Viv.

2 Likes

My team arrived with all items, nuked, and cleaned up.

1 Like

Went with zimkitha, kadilen, hansel, ariel, and melendor.

Was able to finish last stage without any items used.

2 Likes

I never had problem with completing all the stages, but i still think that the Druid-Cleric pairing should be rethought. Most of them are healers or support characters with very few hitters. And most of those hitters are not tc20 ones, so the fights take a lot of time.

1 Like

The team I used above got thru final stage just fine, with minimal items used, and a very friendly board. Made sure riposte was active whenever horghall went off, and all of the cleansing and debuffing made it straightforward

Thanks for the advice guys

1 Like

My team was Caedmon, Ariel, Alby, Rigard, Melendor since they were my most developed heroes but no real hitters (I also had Hawkmoon, Melia and Brienne as 3*s). It was just a long slog but was not at any risk of dying since I always had a heal at the ready.

1 Like

You forget how anemic Hawkmoon’s healing is… Agwe died in round two, Melia in round three, team wiped out near the end of round four with five super manas used to this point. Opted to pay the 75 gems to continue, and easily got to the bosses. Not willing to risk it at this point, I unloaded 5 dragons, 5 bombs and 2 axes + my charged specials. Boril fell to this. Then took out Horghall and Vivica before they could charge their specials.

So, essentially paid a lot of iron and food plus 75 gems for a 3-star green trainer and 16 emblems.

Caedmon will most likely be getting the druid emblems. Agwe is my only real candidate for the cleric emblems at the moment… Have to see what I think of him after he has some levels on him (at the moment, I am dubious about giving him capes when the time comes).

1 Like

Not at all.

Very much, now I have 4/51 Rigard and 3/60 Gadeirus. This is my old team:

This is the new one:

3 health potions, 5 arrows, 5 axes, 3 dragon attacks:

Three or four if Gadeirus is considered as a healer :rofl:

Yes, I don’t have true 4* hitter yet, Gadeirus does hit but it is slow and minor.

I combine it with some carpet bombing and I hate to pay attention to Vivica not to let her heal if I already use some item.

Cleric emblems for Rigard and I hope I can get Caedmon, I plan on using the emblems on him.

I play around to much with the trials. I was tempted to reduce carpet bombing consumption as much as possible, in doing so I ended up wasting 20 energy, 10 health potions, 5 arrows, 5 bombs, and 5 dragon attack. I lost my first attempt because I don’t pay attention to Vivica’s HP… I was to focused in taking Boril down and in doing so I let Vivica heal many times… manage to get Vivica down to 20 HP but she then heal and kill my last hero :sob::sob::sob:.

1 Like

Used this team, all leveled heroes.
Now got agwe out of the portal that I will try to finish before next time around to replace Brienne.
Took me just over 15 minutes to complete it as boards did not turn in my direction and not having enough dps to grind her down.

1 Like

Finished it.
Viv scared me, but i didn’t want to use a ton of dragon attacks. Those are expensive! Boril killed Horghall, but i didn’t give them any time to get off their specials with my carpet bombing. I only finished it because I want the druid emblems for Zim. By next time I should have Boril to 3/60, but my plan is to work on Ariel after him. Not sure how I’ll work that in since Boril is valuable for his riposte and a double blue is weak against the greens.
Kunchen was invaluable for his defense down and he is definitely an upgraded Rigard!!! Kunchen may see 3/70 before this trial next time, but i want to pull Sartana to 3/70 first because she’s going to get my next set of tabards.
Zim is maxed, Horghall will not see shields for a minute, but Melendor may before the next time around. Boril won’t get maxed anytime soon because i have Alice, Ariel and Triton in line ahead of him. So, this may remain one of my weaker class trials.
Good to know i can do it with carpet bombing though.

1 Like

This time around it was a lot easier with this team. Double greens for Boril, double Purple for Vivica and a red for Horghall. Took me one dragon attack, one bomb and one small mana potion

1 Like

It looks like it based on another comment or two, but I’ll see what I get too.

1 Like

I got the green trainer as well. Evelyn thinks he was yummy

2 Likes

No change in team. I did find myself using a couple battle items 2x bomb, dragon ark, and timestop.

Even Hawkmoon survived. Took the win

1 Like

Vivica were hitting my 3.60 Boril for 400+ damage and that allowed me to win easily.

3 Likes

Annoyingly long battle.

Only last mobwave and bosses doublespeeded 4 minutes…

Green trainer 4 all…

3 Likes

I got green trainer too.

2 Likes

My team last time (I don’t know everyone’s levels/emblems last time since I have no ss, but this is what the game defaulted as):

At first I tried to bring a 4/11 Gadeirus which would’ve worked better, but after stalling on a no green board, not bringing mana pots, and things looking pretty dire, I swapped him out for my Rigard, so this is what I had going in:

I specifically worked on Boril for this fight, and anything that needs clerics, and he definitely helps vs Horghall that I struggled with last time. I decided to minimize the carpet bombing this time just to see whether I could. Some misfires and bad tile cascades dragged it out a bit, and I burned an axe because the enemy Boril was about to fire, and my Elkanen was low enough that he’d kill himself or get killed by a slash attack, and neither my Melendor nor Rigard were ready at the time. Ghosted tiles and eventually killed Vivica. Caedmon dying early didn’t help, but just burned through my stash of minor healing pots and one axe on battle items.

Couldn’t really comment on difficulty since the last time I carpet bombed since I had few hitters and didn’t want it to take forever, but I was able to complete it without really any expensive battle items.

4 Likes

I completed all three stages with the team below:

Boril made Horghall an easy kill. Hatter stole Boril’s reflect (and Brienne’s buff earlier). All in all, it went pretty smoothly. I used a full stack of axes and bombs at the end, and a couple dragon attacks, then finished them off - didn’t see a point to wasting more dragons.

1 Like