[Mar 3, 2019] Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Serenity!

Or, as @princess1 reminds us of Seinfeld:

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live one hour earlier at 06:00 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in these older threads from the first time Trials of Serenity occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Serenity allows Paladins and Rangers

• The bosses are Chao, Justice, Richard, and Lianna

• Monsters are green/nature and blue/ice

Final Boss HP

Each boss in Stage 3 has 3907 HP.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Serenity:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also created a video tutorial series for each Trial.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Serenity?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet or didn’t try
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Serenity?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I didn’t try
0 voters

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

Did your team change notably since last time?

What items did you use, if any?

Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?

What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

Anything else interesting to share?

3 Likes

Last time I used

Tyrum x2
Tiburtus
Aegir
Sonya

I realized I can swap in Perseus to improve Aegir’s healing and Khagan for strong color against green mobs

Current team:

Tiburtus 4* 4.43
Khagan 5* 1.20
Perseus 5* 3.1
Aegir 5* 1.24
Sonya 4* 3.56

I will update when I have finished the Serenity quest

Update:
Success!

Khagan helped me get through the green mobs.

Tiburtus did not last as long without Aegir’s share damage.

Perseus was weak against the green mobs, but benefited from Aegir’s blue healing.

Still had to carpet bomb at the end, but did not have to pay 75g to continue.

1 Like

Same team as last time.

Screenshot_20190303-010955_Empires

Whole lotta defense debuffing makes this trial one of the easier ones for me. I finally got lucky and snagged Lianna during this month’s Atlantis event, so I’m excited to add some firepower to my Ranger class, even though it’s gonna take 6356926 more years to collect five more tonics for her…

1 Like

Last time I used this team:

This time I switched things up a bit, and tried out a second 3-60 Falcon in place of Sonya.

I figured he’s pretty sturdy even at 3-60, would have good synergy with the other Falcon, and was no worse off on the strong/weak/neutral damage front than bringing a blue.

Plus Sonya’s dispel doesn’t serve any particular benefit in this Trial.

Obviously the biggest change is that Evelyn is maxed now.

That proved helpful, both in her hitting a bit harder, and in her managing her own health a bit better — useful while lacking healers for this Trial.

I managed to go relatively light on attack items, using 2 bombs along the way to debuff the Boss’s attack, and 2 Dragon Attacks toward the end to help finish them off when I was out of healing pots, and entering a little riskier territory for finishing without items.

I think last time around I had the thought that I should have brought Axes instead of Bombs, since I only really needed the debuff, not the damage.

But I forgot to write it down…hopefully my future self will see this and remember for next time! :wave::mantelpiece_clock::selfie:

I suspect even if I were to max the second Falcon and Chao (or swap to Sonya/Triton that I have), this one will always be a little bit of a challenge without a healer option.

Maybe Triton would be useful for at least extending the healing pot mileage a tiny bit. :thinking:

I do also have a second Tiburtus waiting to be leveled, who could be useful. But he’s currently in line behind Proteus 2, Ameonna, Rigard 2, Proteus 3, and Thoth-Amun… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Last time, I was woefully underpowered:
two-star ranger lady - Berden (unleveled) - Prisca (unleveled) - Triton 4/60 - Gunnar (unleveled)

This time, it’s considerably better, though not ideal:
Sonya 1/20 - Berden 1/1 - Prisca 3/50 - Triton 4/60 - Gunnar 1/1

I’ve completed the first two without using my dragon attacks (but a lot of healing…) I think I’m going to leave the mana potions behind for the third level to take bombs along with the dragons… Waiting for world energy there.

2 Likes

Great progress from last time, and good luck on the last stage! :slight_smile:

I brought minor healing, the next up healing, minor mana, and arrows. I needed one rez to beat the hardest trial.

1 Like

Tiburtus 4-70+3
Chao 3-42
Cyprian 4-70+4
Berden 3-50
Lianna 2-1

That’s all I have for those classes :frowning:

Medium was easy, I killed both bosses in round 1. I had the board color-sorted and all specials ready. Justice was killed before she could even make a move and Richard killed himself by attacking Cyprian’s reflect.

I wonder if it even makes sense to try Hard with this team, though. I know that I can kill the bosses with carpet bombing, but will I even reach them with this team? Hmm, I guess I will give it a try…

Edit: Did it :slight_smile:
It wasn’t difficult actually, but expensive. I needed 5x 225 HP healing potions to reach the bosses. I tried to fight them for a while with just weakening them with bombs, but my heroes quick and I had to carpet bomb them in the end. I used 2 dragons, 3 axes, and 3 bombs in total.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20190303-201206_Empires
Dont think ill do the 3rd one

1 Like

I had one of the ugliest team ever, zero synergy and no green hero [with levels full of greens and blue], I forgot to make a screen because i was so amazed that i pulled this one off, I couldn’t believe it. At the end of the fight i only had Chao standing with like 110 hp, one more hit and i would had thrown away 20WE. Had an horrendous board, but it basically saved me in the last seconds when i had some blue tiles above Richard. Used basically everything i had, HP, MP, 5 bombs and 5 axe attacks. Had Sonya [3/60], Aegir [3/70] - the only time i felt like Aegir worth those 4 capes, since it kept alive the flanks and mostly and unleveled Sonya and Chao, Chao[3/60], Khagan [3/70] - slow and basically useless, Chao [4/70].

Same team i used last time. I debated bringing in Richard instead of Triton, but if you use healing pots while his special is active, you get a bonus too. I think the only difference in this team is that my Chao has emblems now.
I maybe finished the last couple of levels of Cyperian to 3/60. I’d have to dig up the screen shot.
So, i decided, why the heck not? Let’s try the last level.
Dude! I beat it with this team!
Screenshot_20190303-024517_Empires
I switched out the scrolls for axes. Ares is a beast who helped keep that side of my team alive. Most of the pots were used on Chao. The monsters were really picking on him!

1 Like

Got through all three levels with this team. A very unlevelled Aegir, and a 3* Isshtak. TP=3094
Just used a few tiny health pots until the boss level of the third stage. Then I used 3 bombs and 3 dragons to help clear that.

Richard 1/1 - Tiburtus 4.70 - G. Falcon 4.70+ (he’s getting my Paladin emblems) - Chao 4.70 - Triton 4.05

Lack of healers, lack of synergy and one hero being 1/1 made it quite difficult to complete. I beat the last stage but had to use some healing pots and bombs, also revived the team with 75 gems once.

1 Like

Same team as last time: Sonya-Lianna-Aegir-Tiburtus(3.60)-Richard(3.60?)
Richard is a higher level than last time and Sonya+Lianna have some talents now. Still was kinda difficult at the end. Only Richard was left standing and I had to bomb the bosses down in order to win.

I wonder if I should use Queen of Hearts next time. As a red she’ll be better against Lianna, but If I replace one of my blue heroes I won’t have a (weak) 5 man heal anymore. And Lianna/Tiburtus are needed against Richard/Chao.

1 Like

Gunnar 3^37
Tibs 3^60
Tibs max
Cyprian 4^39
Khagan 4^80+2

No items, only Khagan survive

3 Likes

Thanks. Not going to succeed at level 3 anytime soon, though – despite using 10 mid-healings, I lost 2 heroes alread on the first phase… And nobody is really a priority for leveling now (finishing Melendor as second leveled Green, have Skittles and Carver 3/37 who should get priority), Sonya is the current blue project, though.

1 Like

2 dragon 1 bomb attack, health potions

1 Like

Should I do it? Will I go out in a blaze or glory…or just sputter out in the first round. I do not have faith this team could even kill Ranger Rick.

1 Like

Try, take healumg potios, dragons, bombs and axes, keep allive Triton and Athena or only Triton.
With good board you have a chance

2 Likes